Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Final Four are set. Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2007 :  20:42:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
The final four are now set and ready. Who is winning the Stanley Cup? Another question, who do you want to win the cup.

For who I think is going to win the cup, is probably Buffalo. Great speed, great goaltending and an all-around great team.

For who I want to win, would be Anaheim. They have worked hard, all year and have a good enough team and I think they deserve the cup.

The poll is for who you think is going to win but you can also post who you want to win to...

~~~Don't focus on where your going, focus on where you going to go~~~

Choices:

Buffalo Sabres
Anaheim Ducks
Detriot Red Wings
Ottawa Senators

Edited by - semin-rules on 05/08/2007 05:29:26

GOWINGS19
Rookie

USA
232 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2007 :  21:19:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I want the wings to win of course...but wow these 3 other teams that are colliding are outstanding orgainizations...its gonna be a battle to the end...lets bring it back to hockeytown

"I don’t need to score the goal. I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals." -Vladmir Konstantinov
Go to Top of Page

number1leafsfan
Rookie

Canada
103 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  04:59:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by semin-rules

The final for are now set and ready. Who is winning the stanley cup? Another question, who do you want to win the cup.

For who I think is going to win the cup, is probobly Buffalo. Great speed, great goaltending and an all-around great team.

For who I want to win, would be Anaheim. They have worked hard, all year and have a good enough team and I think they deserve the cup.

The poll is for who you think is going to win but you can also post who you want to win to...

~~~Don't focus on where your going, focus on where you going to go~~~

i want anaheim because i hate everybody else and BTW semin its just the ducks not mighty ducks

Go Leafs Go
Go to Top of Page

manninm
PickupHockey Pro

USA
347 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  05:36:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anaheim - They look the best out of all 4 teams so far.

Because the demands on a goalie are mostly mental, it means that for a goalie, the biggest enemy is himself." ~Ken Dryden
Go to Top of Page

willus3

Canada
1948 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  06:31:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Will win - Ottawa
Want to win - Ottawa

"You are not your desktop wallpaper"
Go to Top of Page

Guest7503
( )

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  07:20:09  Reply with Quote
Want Ottawa to win... Ottawa deserves to win... Ottawa needs to win... only canadian team left... come on... let's rally behind them!
Go to Top of Page

fly4apuckguy
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
834 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  07:33:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Want to win - Ottawa. Not because they are a "Canadian team" (because all of the remaining teams have mostly Canadian players), but because they have probably been the best team for the longest period of time without making at least the finals. Anaheim was there a few years back, as was Buffalo. Detroit, well...of course they've been successful.

I think the franchise deserves it. They probably would have been there earlier if they'd had any kind of goaltending.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. - Gretz
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  13:30:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I want Buffalo to win, and I honestly think they will. Anaheim is carried by Selanne, Niedermayer, Pronger, and Getzlaf. Ottawa by Heatley, Spezza, and Alfredsson. Detroit by Datsyuk, Lidstrom, and Hasek. They all have 3 or 4 core players who score the goals and set things up, while the others are sort of just there. The reason these teams have done so well is because of their few superstars who outplayed the other teams' superstars. They rely on a few individuals to get the job done. None of them are as deep as Buffalo. The Sabres don't have any super players who are significantly better than the others and stand out like Niedermayer or Heatley, they are all decent and work as a team. The better players are spread out on different lines so there's no puck-hogging. They have great speed and good goaltending. A deep, quick lineup should be able to defeat three or four guys who stand out on the other team. Hopefully.

Edited by - Mikhailova on 05/08/2007 13:33:58
Go to Top of Page

bonfire420
Rookie

Canada
107 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  14:41:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Want to win: Ottawa - only canadian team left as mentioned above
Will win: Buffalo - deep, fast, and yet to play their best hockey of the playoffs
Go to Top of Page

Kashmire
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
506 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  17:07:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mik, I feel you're being slightly biased in your evaluation. Each of the four teams are "deep" but Detroit is more than just Hasek, Lidstrom, Datsyuk. They have Bertuzzi, Zetterberg, Schneider, Holmstrom, Draper and a few more. Anaheim has Kunitz, Perry, Mcdonald, Rob Neidermayer(extremely underrated defensively), and Beauchemin. Ottawa has Fisher, Comrie, Eaves, McAmmond, Vermette, Preissing, Volchenkov, Phillips, Redden and Corvo. Buffalo has Briere, Vanek, Drury, Hecht, Roy, Kotalik, Zubrus, Afinogenov, Pominville and Campbell.

I included the bigger players when showing Buffalo's depth giving them an advantage. I say Ottawa for depth. Buffalo and Anaheim are close seconds both hard to choose over the other. Ottawa's PK is so great and every aspect of their offence is brutally aggressive and loaded with skill.
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  17:23:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah perhaps it was a little biased, I was in a bit of rush when I wrote it, wasn't thinking too carefully about the other teams' depth and defense and all that. I did short Detroit there. I outta give 'em more credit, but part of the reason they beat SJ was because of Nabokov, and I thought, based on their season stats with their easy division, that their numbers were inflated, but they seem to be proving themselves. But about Anaheim--MacDonald has speed, and so do a few of the other guys, but just about every major player on Buffalo has speed, they're known for it amongst the league. Every time an announcer mentions Buffalo they say something about they're speed. Anaheim does have the better defense, but speed will get you past the defensemen. As for Ottawa, McAmmond was not impressive during the season, and hasn't been so in the playoffs. Same for Eaves. They have 4 and 1 playoff points respectively, and season points in the high 20s-low 30s. That wouldn't be so bad if they were d-men, but good wingers should put up more than that. Not that Ottawa's not good, I won't be surprised if they won the series, but I think it's going to be close.

Edited by - Mikhailova on 05/08/2007 17:32:54
Go to Top of Page

PainTrain
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1393 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  17:30:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Want to win: The Buffalo Sabres , they don't win this year they may not win for another 10 years.

Who will win: Sabres, Like Mik said they have the best depth offence and defence People only think that Buffalo just has Campbell but they have the great shut down pairing of Tallinder and Lydman, Spacek and Kallinin are good puck moving d-man and they will never hurt you in your own end and then even old Nummenin still has got some speed and plays a very smart game, rarely see him turn the puck over. And then Buffalo's offence is just unbelievable, I'm not even gonna go there.
Go to Top of Page

D-fender6
Top Prospect

Canada
20 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2007 :  20:02:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WANT- Anaheim
WILL- Anaheim
I think its finally the Ducks year to shine.
Go to Top of Page

I´m also Cånädiön
Rookie

Sweden
217 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2007 :  11:39:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Want to win: Detroit has the most swedes on its rooster of all teams and plays technical, fast and fun to watch hockey.

Will win: Buffalo strong and balanced team and they got Chris Drury, a guy that can decide the outcome of games.

(Formerly known as Guest1603)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page