Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trades and Rumors
 Jordan Staal - Trade Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2012 :  06:14:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest1245

Bergevin & Lemieux are great friends and can see them helping each other out here. Pens can't afford to keep Sid/Geno/Staal, Habs need a big centremen and the 2 top ones in the draft come with lots of ? marks. Pens would love to make a splash in front of their hometown fans at the draft

To Mtl:
Staal - #1 center Mtl sorely needs
Pitts 22nd pick - Habs take 'Lucic clone' Tom Wilson

To Pitts:
Habs 3rd pick - Could be packaged to Edm to move up to get Nail and Oil drop to take Murray, Sid or Geno & Yakupov would be scary
Lars Eller - Cheaper option for 3rd line center with upside

Win-Win

Noooooooo not my boy Lars!!! hahahaha yeah i like that trade but i'm also a huge Eller fan, i think he will be a better player than Plekanec but similar in style only bigger, the kid has skills and heart and thats a good mix

"I led the league in "Go get 'em next time." - Bob Uecker
Go to Top of Page

Guest1245
( )

Posted - 05/30/2012 :  22:17:01  Reply with Quote
I'd trade Pleks instead if I thought anyone would take his $5MM/year salary. He's a good player but Desharnais is better offensively just not big enough to be a #1 guy. Eller needs to watch some Tony Robbins vids or something and get some confidence, he has the tools to be a great 3rd line centre, just looks like he's still surprised to be in the NHL. Maybe Grigs can be our #1 guy, some risk involved but has a higher ceiling than most in the draft and the more research I've done the happier I'd be for them to take him - especially watching somelike Kopitar potting the OT winner today. He dropped from a top pick to 11th on draft day in 2005 for the same concerns about compete level. Columbus could've had him instead they went with Brule, wouldn't be talking about where Nash is going if that was the case. Pouliot & Skilles also were picked ahead of Anze. Alos funny how Grigs gets so much flack for 'only' getting 10 points in 11 games in the Q playoffs when he was battling mono when Nail and Galenychuk only got 9 pts combined in their 12 games and were a horrendous -13 but they get a free pass?? Roy can't say enough good things about Grigs willingness to learn defence and being coachable, hope they don't pass him up if they keep the pick. Forsberg might be a safer pick but I also wonder if his last name was Bunnstrom would there be as much hype...
Go to Top of Page

Guest0945
( )

Posted - 05/31/2012 :  10:44:31  Reply with Quote
Included in any deal for Staal HAS to be a replacment 3rd line center. Obvisously not of Staal's level but one needs to come back. If Staal were dealt after Crosby and Malkin there next best centre is Joe Vitale.... not capable of 3rd line duties. I dont know if Toronto has what it takes to get the deal done, but if they did this is what I would see.

To Pitt

Tyler Bozak
#5 overall pick
Kulemin

To Tor

Staal
Depth forward ala Dustin Jeffery or a late (5th) pick.
Go to Top of Page

Guest0935
( )

Posted - 05/31/2012 :  16:13:17  Reply with Quote
i am a huge leaf fan and for the leafs to get steal the price would be high.
-5th overall pick
-schenn
-frattin, colbourne, d'amigo, kadri ( either 1 or even 2 of them)
Go to Top of Page

Guest0935
( )

Posted - 05/31/2012 :  16:14:55  Reply with Quote
stupid auto correct staal*
Go to Top of Page

The_Gipper
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
285 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2012 :  06:00:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest0935

i am a huge leaf fan and for the leafs to get steal the price would be high.
-5th overall pick
-schenn
-frattin, colbourne, d'amigo, kadri ( either 1 or even 2 of them)

If I were Burke I would not offer this at all. way too much for one player, who has not yet proved to be a top line performer. If the no. 5 pick overall is on the table, I'd stop there. after that i may be willing to part with another prospect, but that's it.
Staal is an excellent 3rd line player, but if Burke were to trade for him he'd be our no. 1 center. a position at which he's unproven. you can't give up too much for someone like that. even if his name is Staal.
Go to Top of Page

mandree888
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
400 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2012 :  10:26:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
how about this trade straight up

Nik Antropov to pits

Jordan staal to peg.

both a centreman deep on their teams.

both play similar games, both are signed through to the end of next year.

if they cant find a team to trade with through our the off season this is a potential trade?

Edited by - mandree888 on 06/01/2012 10:34:09
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2012 :  13:44:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mandree888

how about this trade straight up

Nik Antropov to pits

Jordan staal to peg.

both a centreman deep on their teams.

both play similar games, both are signed through to the end of next year.

if they cant find a team to trade with through our the off season this is a potential trade?

Mandree......lemme ask you this. Would you do this deal if you were Pittsburgh? I'd think not! Antropov is 32, Staal will have just turned 24 when the season starts (next year). While his potential is an unknown, he's already scored over 20 goals in 4 of his first 6 seasons including 29 as a rookie! Antropov has likely peaked and would be a good 3rd line center, maybe even a 2nd on half the teams, but you're talking about a guy who many say could be the #1 on half the teams out there! No way he goes for Nik Antropov straight up!
Go to Top of Page

mandree888
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
400 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2012 :  16:07:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hmmm aside from the age where i admit i completly forgot about. i thought it was a fair trade right now antropov is getting overpaid in my opinion. would be able to be resigned cheaper than staal. and would fit the penguins needs

staal would go to a team that needs more scoring and staal would provide that.

i am just throwing out ideas at this point
i have no idea what the birds on ice want for staal. but i dont think they can ask for too much being that he was on the third line and is unproven.
would i do this trade?

depends on what i need. if i was the penguins i would probably think about it. (although i could backfire if antropov decides he deserves more and you cant come to a deal with him)

in the end its a gamble as always.
all i was trying to say is that this trade even though seems one sided would work for both teams giving each team what they NEED/WANT

never claimed it was what the player would go for in the market every time. never even claimed it neccessarily a fair trade. just stated both teams would get what they want.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2012 :  11:00:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I see your point. I just think, needs aside, Staal's worth is higher than just a 32 yr old who's career high is only around 65 pts. I know Staal's best is lower than that, but at 23 and playing behind two of the top players in the league, it's safe to say his potential is for much more! He may not be a #1 center ever? But with his defensive / two way game, he could easily equal or surpass the talents and skills that a Mike Richards / Ryan Kesler player brings to the table!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page