Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Favourite Sport Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

hithere311
Rookie

Canada
109 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2007 :  04:56:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hockey was actually invented thousands of years ago by the egyptians.
The little Dutch kid just hit a rock across the ice while he was skating, so no he didn't invent it. The rules for the real game were invented by Canadian soldiers during the early 19th century, so yes its a Canadian game.
Go to Top of Page

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2007 :  05:32:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Let's just say that it's a great game and anyone can play it

~~~Let's Go Senators!!!!~~~
Go to Top of Page

tctitans
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
931 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2007 :  12:47:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by I´m also Cånädiön

Hockey is number 1.

Another fast paced sport that´s fun is I don´t know what you call it in english, Handball? Anyho it´s kinda big in Europe.

It's called "European Handball".

"Handball" by itself is a completely different sport over here.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4943
( )

Posted - 05/23/2007 :  21:42:03  Reply with Quote

You are a joke buddy.....Golf is a lot harder than any other sport to be truely effective at.......It took me many years before I got my first birdie. I got a shutout in my first game ever. People think golf is a hobby, but COMPETITIVE golf is more of a sport than any other sport I've played. Guy Lafleur smoked in between periods of every game. Me and my whole team chewed like crazy between periods, so you're Daly point is moot.....You know s*** about REAL golf so shut up......If you could post a score anywhere near par on a REAL golf course, you'd realize how hard it is...Old farts play beer league all the time just like old farts play golf.....try getting spin on a ball, that takes athletic talent......Try hitting 200 balls on a range, I bet you would be more sore than after a hockey practice...In fact I know from experiece you will be....To all you people who slam golf, you are worse than people down in the states who don't pay any attention to hockey. Cause those people don't know anything about hockey, and don't pretend to. You people pretend to know something about golf, cause you go to your local par 52 course and hit a few good shots. Well, that's not real golf, and you know s*** about that!

Sugar Ray over Hasek any day!
[/quote] Ya uh golf is sure hard on the body when theres guys who are 70 who play in the PGA tour. Wow sure a fitness testing game. Also read this to show how fit you have to be to play http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/pga/news?slug=ap-aceat102&prov=ap&type=lgns
Go to Top of Page

SlowShot
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
264 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2007 :  21:42:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
that was me
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2007 :  23:32:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lacrosse is my favourite sport, Fast-paced, hits like crazy, fighting is better then hockey (only because its easier to fight in shoes then skates) and hella goals is awesome! Whoever said there are 70 year olds playing in the pga should get thier facts right, Firstly, if your refering to Palmer and Nickolus playing in the masters its because when you win a masters you get invited back every year untill your 6 feet under and those guys just play for fun, and hardly put up a challenge. Golf is an amazing sport and I agree with everyhing IHC as had to say about it.

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Get The Towels Out Guys PLAYOFFS!!!
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2007 :  00:26:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Look, say what you will about golf, but do you happen to notice that the best golfer on the planet happens to be in better shape than most NHLers?

Go to Top of Page

hithere311
Rookie

Canada
109 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2007 :  03:35:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Who?!?! Tiger?!?
More fit than any NHLer? Are you kidding? I bet if Tiger took one hit from Pronger he'd be in a coma for 3 months. He may have a six-pack, but that doesn't make him stronger or in better shape.
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2007 :  17:32:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hithere311

Who?!?! Tiger?!?
More fit than any NHLer? Are you kidding? I bet if Tiger took one hit from Pronger he'd be in a coma for 3 months. He may have a six-pack, but that doesn't make him stronger or in better shape.

Woah...Did you see him take down that guy who stole his golf bag?

Go to Top of Page

I´m also Cånädiön
Rookie

Sweden
217 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2007 :  03:18:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hithere311

Hockey was actually invented thousands of years ago by the egyptians.
The little Dutch kid just hit a rock across the ice while he was skating, so no he didn't invent it. The rules for the real game were invented by Canadian soldiers during the early 19th century, so yes its a Canadian game.

A comment of the evolution of hockey the last 50 years that may not be obvious to all canadians:

http://www.chidlovski.com/personal/1972/speakers/dontcry.htm

(Time differance Pickuphockey-Sweden approx +9 hours 1min 5sek......so I can always blame it on Jetlag.)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page