Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Western Conference - Pacific Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Anaheim
 Selanne retiring???? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2007 :  05:48:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Selanne might retire next year because he finally got what he wanted!

What are your thoughts on this?

Should he retire? Should he keep playing?

Heres the link, it's near the bottom.

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=316814

~~~Great season Senators. Good job Anaheim!!!~~~

B-rett10
Rookie

Canada
186 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2007 :  06:09:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Teemu ain't going anywhere baby he is going to stay at the pond for a couple more season because I can see him just loving it! He might want to do it again to and they have the team there to do back to back cups.

There's hockey players that make stuff happen, There is hockey players that watch what happens and there is hockey players that don't know what the $#*@ happened.
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2007 :  07:53:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No Teemu, stay in the NHL!!

Pierre McGuire asked him about this, he said he didn't know if he'd retire or not. He's only 36, he's not that old...he still plays well and he should definitely stay for the next few seasons. The fans and the team would appreciate it. If decides to stay...Kiitos, Teemu!!
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2007 :  09:04:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If I were him I'd be thinking repeat. That team is pretty well rounded and could easily do it again. For many teams the stars and planets have to align properly to win (ie: Tampa Bay, Florida) but for others it is earned through a solid team, a good system and strong leadership...this sounds like Anaheim to me. They have been building for a few years and it has culminated last night.

What is their UFA situation this summer? Anyone?
Go to Top of Page

willus3

Canada
1948 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2007 :  10:09:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by leigh

If I were him I'd be thinking repeat. That team is pretty well rounded and could easily do it again. For many teams the stars and planets have to align properly to win (ie: Tampa Bay, Florida) but for others it is earned through a solid team, a good system and strong leadership...this sounds like Anaheim to me. They have been building for a few years and it has culminated last night.

What is their UFA situation this summer? Anyone?

I was wondering their UFA situation as well. I had heard Scott Niedermeyer and Pronger were but I'm not sure if that is true?

"You are not your desktop wallpaper"
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2007 :  12:32:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is Anaheim's Free Agent situations for the up coming season:

Unrestricted:

Sellane, Shawn Thorton, Brad May, Mark Hartigan, Sean O'Donnell, Joe DiPenta, Ric Jackman, Kent Huskins, J.S. Giguere.

Restricted:

Sebastian Caron, David MacKee, Aaron Rome, Bjorn Melin, Tim Brent, George Parros, Ryan Shannon, Travis Moen, Dustin Penner.

For the season after

Unresticted:

C.Kunitz and I. Bryzgalov

Restricted:

Getzlaf and Perry.

To answer your question about Pronger and Niedermeyer- Pronger is under contract through the 09/10 season($6.25 million per year) and Niedermeyer through the 08/09 season ($6.75 million per year).

I can see, if Selanne wants to still play, nothing more than a 2 year contract. With basically both of their goalies and the three best young stars getting raises in at least the next two years, I can't see Burke being able to go more than 2 years for Selanne. He was making $3.75 million and he was 3rd in the league in goals and 11th in total points. I would not be surprised to see a 2 year, $8-8.5 million contract to the Finnish Flash!

I Love your Kids, IHC is the man, and The Oilers Rule. Does that make me insane??
Go to Top of Page

willus3

Canada
1948 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2007 :  13:29:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's a little off topic but what kind of room do they have with the cap? Will they be able to keep the core that they have now?

"You are not your desktop wallpaper"
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2007 :  13:50:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
According to the site I get my info from they will have 11 players under contract with a Cap hit of $27.7 million. If the cap goes to $48 million, they should have more than enough room to keep the meat of the group together.

Here is the link to the site I use. Although I am not 100% sure on the accuracy, it is close enough to get the gist.

http://www.nhlnumbers.com/index.html

I Love your Kids, IHC is the man, and The Oilers Rule. Does that make me insane??
Go to Top of Page

PainTrain
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1393 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2007 :  15:28:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Finnish Flash is having fun why would he retire? I say he'll get another 40 goal season next year.
Go to Top of Page

stastnysforever
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
301 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2007 :  15:58:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He should try to get another one, right now Anaheim isn't too expensive, he could stay and get one soon

what do Calgary and a tea bag have in common- they're both only good for one cup
Go to Top of Page

-oil-country-
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
988 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2007 :  16:14:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He shouldn't retire...He should get traded to the OILERS! Lol just kidding only in my dreams, But back to the topic. I hate to say it but I think he might, If he does I will be sad to watch a true great to leave. Please stay Teemu.

P.S Lol I love his name Teemu.

Edited by - -oil-country- on 06/07/2007 16:15:59
Go to Top of Page

stastnysforever
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
301 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2007 :  16:21:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought he'd retire aftwer that brutal season in colorado but he got traded and during the lockout he regrouped he could still play another 5 or 6, maybe become the second to get to that 2000 mark

what do Calgary and a tea bag have in common- they're both only good for one cup
Go to Top of Page

PainTrain
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1393 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2007 :  19:06:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stastnysforever

I thought he'd retire aftwer that brutal season in colorado but he got traded and during the lockout he regrouped he could still play another 5 or 6, maybe become the second to get to that 2000 mark

2000 please... unless he becomes bionic man he ain't getting there. But I would love to see him pass Kurris 601 goals to be the most scored Finnish player.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page