Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trades and Rumors
 Leafs get Toskala, Bell Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2007 :  11:28:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The San Jose Sharks traded Mark Bell and Vesa Toskala to the Toronto Maple Leafs in exchange for picks in either this years or next years draft.

CANUCKS RULE!!!

1 Crosby fan
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1454 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2007 :  11:37:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To SJ:1st and 2nd round pick this year and 4th round pick next year

To Tor:Vesa Toskala and Mark Bell

Go to Top of Page

SlowShot
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
264 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2007 :  13:36:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
YES i hat giving up a good draft pick but we needed a goalie and toskala can play.

I love Charles Wang
Go to Top of Page

Guest4024
( )

Posted - 06/22/2007 :  15:12:04  Reply with Quote
ahaha bye bye andrew raycroft
Go to Top of Page

PainTrain
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1393 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2007 :  15:14:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think San Jose should have asked for a little bit more but all in all it's a good trade.
Go to Top of Page

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2007 :  15:38:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good, even trade.

~~~Great season Senators. Good job Anaheim!!!~~~
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2007 :  17:45:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Absolutely the best move JFJ has ever done. Koskala in a full time starting role could very easily be another Kiprusoff.

Smart move TO

I Love your Kids, IHC is the man, and The Oilers Rule. Does that make me insane??
Go to Top of Page

SlowShot
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
264 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2007 :  17:54:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mabey JFJ deserves one more shot

I love Charles Wang
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2007 :  19:44:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Holy crap, the Leafs got Toskala?? Wow...that'll certainly change some things...the Sharks will rely on inconsistent Nabokov and Toronto could potentially do better than last year and maybe even make the playoffs. Damn...this is bad news!
Go to Top of Page

juice32
Rookie

Canada
100 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2007 :  05:21:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Am I the only person who dosn't see this trade making a big difference?? Raycroft is still going to start the majority of games and he's also gonna lose the majority of them (especially at home). Mark Bell is a good offensive power forward, but he likes to drop the gloves a little too often and take stupid penalties. Just what the leafs need.....another guy to take unnessary penaltys. As if Tucker, McCabe, and Beylak weren't enough. All in all........JFJ is still the GM. Until that changes, us Leaf fans will be cheering for the 8th playoff spot at best!!!
Go to Top of Page

SlowShot
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
264 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2007 :  11:53:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Acuatly the chance of raycroft starting is about 0% because when they wanted to interview raycroft on this he wuldn' talk to the media at all. Second why would JFJ give away his picks for a backup.

I love Charles Wang
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2007 :  12:44:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by juice32

Am I the only person who dosn't see this trade making a big difference?? Raycroft is still going to start the majority of games and he's also gonna lose the majority of them (especially at home). Mark Bell is a good offensive power forward, but he likes to drop the gloves a little too often and take stupid penalties. Just what the leafs need.....another guy to take unnessary penaltys. As if Tucker, McCabe, and Beylak weren't enough. All in all........JFJ is still the GM. Until that changes, us Leaf fans will be cheering for the 8th playoff spot at best!!!

i don't think toskola is going to do any better then raycroft unless the team improves all the way around raycroft is taking way to much heat for to all around bad play very few goalies in the league could make to a winner just by goaltending,,,,,

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2007 :  12:49:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Toskala is a far superior goalie to Rycroft. Any way you look at it. Rycroft will not start, and he is not much more than a back up any way. I can't say that Toskala will make the Leafs a good team, but he is a definate step up in net from what they have had the past 2-3 seasons.

I Love your Kids, IHC is the man, and The Oilers Rule. Does that make me insane??
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2007 :  15:51:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

Toskala is a far superior goalie to Rycroft. Any way you look at it. Rycroft will not start, and he is not much more than a back up any way. I can't say that Toskala will make the Leafs a good team, but he is a definate step up in net from what they have had the past 2-3 seasons.

i really hate how low everyone hold raycroft he is an excellent goalie he just needs to get his vibe back and he is young enough to turn it around his rookie year in the playoffs the only reason the habs didn;t sweep the bruins is because raycroft was unbelieveable i mean he tore it right up,,, his technique is sound i think a team like detroit would be a great fit for him and help him get his game and confidence back and he'll have a few rings one day

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2007 :  17:13:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pasty, I never said that Rycroft was horrible, but until he does find his form from his Calder winning season, he is not much more than a back-up.

And anyone thinking logically can not possibly think that Rycroft is a better goalie than Toskala.

Mark my words, write down the date. Toskala will prove he is a top 5 goalie in the league. Even on a weak defensive Leafs team.

Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2007 :  23:06:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Pasty, I never said that Rycroft was horrible, but until he does find his form from his Calder winning season, he is not much more than a back-up.

And anyone thinking logically can not possibly think that Rycroft is a better goalie than Toskala.

Mark my words, write down the date. Toskala will prove he is a top 5 goalie in the league. Even on a weak defensive Leafs team.

I Love your Kids, IHC is the man, and The Oilers Rule. Does that make
me insane??

hahaha i dont have to write it down you did haha what do you think sanjose has in the water down there too keep pulling these great euro goales out of nowere??

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

Leafsgirl 48
Top Prospect

28 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2007 :  14:36:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great trade by the Leafs.Toskala is a great goalie and Mark Bell is a good scrapper.I think the trade was good overall.

Go leafs Go!!!!
Go to Top of Page

OILINONTARIO
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
816 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2007 :  16:18:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thought it was a typo until you repeated it. It's Raycroft, Beans, not Rycroft.
Go to Top of Page

PuckNuts
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2414 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2007 :  17:07:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I hope you are right Beans, That way the Leafs have a chance this season to make the playoffs...

I don't necessarily agree with everything I say.
- - Marshall McLuhan

Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2007 :  08:28:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, Toskala is one of 18 goalies that have been in the top 30 in wins for the past two season. Out of thsoe 18 goalies, only Hasek has a higher win % and only Hasek and Giguere have a high percentage of game where their teams take points.

He was never given the starter job exclusively in SJ and if he would have, he would have proved it long before.

Top 5 in the league.

Go to Top of Page

OILINONTARIO
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
816 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2007 :  13:01:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Toskala and Raycroft apparently have the same agent. Interesting. I heard from a source that the two will split the first 20 games, after which, one will be traded, leaving Clemmensen as the back-up. I,d personally rather have Aubin on my team than either Raycroft or Clemmensen, and with Pogge in the wings, the Leafs' goaltending situation, admittedly does not look that bad. Could JFJ possibly screw this up? I, for one, have faith that he can.
Go to Top of Page

PuckNuts
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2414 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2007 :  16:45:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, your source must be Paul Maurice...He does not even know who is going to make the team yet...it is an idea that popped into someone's head...

The two best goalies will have a battle, but who plays how much, and how often is a game by game decision...

- - Marshall McLuhan

Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 07/13/2007 :  17:05:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If I were JFJ I would be throwing Raycroft at LA. That is one of the key pieces they are missing right now. Might be able to unload him before LA realizes that Raycroft is not a go to goalie.

Go to Top of Page

Kashmire
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
506 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2007 :  18:46:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm curious, do any of you who aren't leaf fans think Bell will prove to be a strong power forward and move up to the 3rd or 2nd line?
Go to Top of Page

SlowShot
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
264 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2007 :  20:42:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ill say second line. He is a 20 goal scorer that is a fighter. Though the one downside to him is apperantly he is terrible in the locker room and can bring a team down.

Pickup hockey pool
Go to Top of Page

OILINONTARIO
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
816 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  18:10:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mark Bell will move from one line to another and score no more than 20 goals, 50 points max!
Go to Top of Page

PuckNuts
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2414 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  06:17:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He is expected to score 20 goals, and if he gets 50 points then that will be his best NHL season, and to top it off he will have 15 majors for fighting...

- - Marshall McLuhan

Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2007 :  22:00:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

If I were JFJ I would be throwing Raycroft at LA. That is one of the key pieces they are missing right now. Might be able to unload him before LA realizes that Raycroft is not a go to goalie.

detroit ould be a better home for raycroft..... hasek has a year left and raycroft could bounce back nicely in det

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

Guest4081
( )

Posted - 07/19/2007 :  23:13:17  Reply with Quote
What do you hockey nuts think of the 4 million signing of Toskala? Bargain/Bad Move/Just Right?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page