Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Toronto
 Clemmenson to Toronto Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kashmire
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
506 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2007 :  16:45:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hmm. I don't really like this goalie and I'm not sure why we signed him. Anyone have thoughts on what this means?? Maybe getting ready to relieve Raycroft?

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2007 :  17:00:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kashmire

I don't really like this goalie and I'm not sure why we signed him. Anyone have thoughts on what this means??

That Toronto might suck yet again?

It propably means JFJ made yet another dumb move. Which is good for the rest of us of course
Go to Top of Page

Kashmire
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
506 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2007 :  17:39:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No offence but the first comment I was actually looking for a meaningful post..A backup isn't going to make them suck when they have both Raycroft and Toskala.
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2007 :  19:15:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK sorry about that. I didn't mean Toronto would literally suck, it was an overstatement meant as a joke. But you gotta wonder, considering some of JFJ's moves, this could just be another one of his screw-ups.
Go to Top of Page

Kashmire
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
506 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2007 :  19:33:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Haha. I dunno, maybe he's plotting some trade to move either Raycroft or Toskala(most likely Raycroft seeing as how Toskala will probably out perform him and earn the number one position in net) in sme big deal so Clemmenson will be a decent backup. I'm just fantasising though..Maybe JFJ did just waste some cash on a pointless goalie. I really can't figure him out..is he flukey?

Though I don't know if you guys outside of TO know but they warned JFJ that the way he is managing the team he might lose his position because there are plenty of other people who can do the job better. He has certainly smartened up with Blake, Toskala, Bell. The pressure must have hit some secret switch inside his skull!

Speaking of Bell,
I can't wait to see him play. Im predicting him on the second line with wellwood and poni/stajan/tucker. Him and Wellwood should do great together. It's just a hunch but I think their styles of play will compliment and blend well.
Go to Top of Page

SlowShot
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
264 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2007 :  21:06:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Im almost sure JFJ is going to try and trade raycroft. He now has 3 goaltenders two capable of being starters and another being a decent backup. So why would he keep all three. Well he won't and he is going to trade raycroft mccabe to the phoneix coyotes for Doan and a second and third round draft pick in 08.

Pickup hockey pool
Go to Top of Page

PuckNuts
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2414 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2007 :  07:35:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I see four teams that may be looking for a starter...
CBJ, PHO, LA, FLO, and STL...

The Leafs could pick up some young talent for Raycroft...

I don't necessarily agree with everything I say.
- - Marshall McLuhan

Go to Top of Page

Kashmire
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
506 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2007 :  09:58:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
CJB=Dan Fritsche+Jason Chimera+3rd round pick in 08 for Raycroft and McCabe!

Pheonix=Nothing worth that except Doan

LA=Mike Cammalleri+Derek Armstrong for McCabe + Raycroft

FLO=has vokoun

STL=Boyes+Stempniak+thrid rounder in 08 for Raycroft+McCabe.

WWooooo!
Go to Top of Page

SlowShot
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
264 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2007 :  11:13:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like the kings trade the best

Pickup hockey pool
Go to Top of Page

PuckNuts
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2414 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2007 :  19:10:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes I forgot about Vocoun in FLO...

The LA trade would be the best by far, but is LA going to give up Cammalleri...He would look good in blue, and white...

- - Marshall McLuhan

Go to Top of Page

Patchy
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
529 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2007 :  19:11:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow I've been away for a while... Anyways, I think this is a good move by JFJ, because I would much rather see Toskala in goal than Raycroft, and it's a shame to see a goalie like Raycroft sit on the bench. So might as well see someone like Clemmenson get to prove himself, and if he doesn't...well he's used to sitting on the bench anyway.

~~Go Leafs Go~~
Go to Top of Page

stastnysforever
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
301 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2007 :  10:51:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PuckNuts

I see four teams that may be looking for a starter...
CBJ, PHO, LA, FLO, and STL...

The Leafs could pick up some young talent for Raycroft...

- - Marshall McLuhan

thats five teams+colorado may need a goalie, if they can get someone better than budaj i can almost guarantee a stanley cup

what do Calgary and a tea bag have in common- they're both only good for one cup
Go to Top of Page

OILINONTARIO
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
816 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2007 :  15:08:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

[/quote]
thats five teams+colorado may need a goalie, if they can get someone better than budaj i can almost guarantee a stanley cup

That's almost as good as the teabag joke. Heh Heh.

Edited by - OILINONTARIO on 07/08/2007 15:28:36
Go to Top of Page

stastnysforever
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
301 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2007 :  16:44:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by OILINONTARIO

That's almost as good as the teabag joke. Heh Heh.
[/quote]
the teabag one is good,

what do Calgary and a tea bag have in common- they're both only good for one cup
Go to Top of Page

PainTrain
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1393 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2007 :  20:22:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kashmire

CJB=Dan Fritsche+Jason Chimera+3rd round pick in 08 for Raycroft and McCabe!

Pheonix=Nothing worth that except Doan

LA=Mike Cammalleri+Derek Armstrong for McCabe + Raycroft

FLO=has vokoun

STL=Boyes+Stempniak+thrid rounder in 08 for Raycroft+McCabe.

WWooooo!

Cammaleri is LA's best player in my mind and Boyes and Stempniak are the frachise player's in years to come like Getzlaf and Perry in Anaheim.
Go to Top of Page

PuckNuts
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2414 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2007 :  06:40:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did you know that the Leafs already had Cammalleri, they traded the 49th pick in the 2001 draft to LA for Aki Berg...LA picked Cammalleri...

- - Marshall McLuhan

Go to Top of Page

leafsfan_101
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1530 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2007 :  08:57:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't see how you guys can add McCabe into the mix here. He has a much larger say in where he goes because of his no movement clause. And the money doesn't add up either.

LA= Cammellari (RFA so no contract) + Armstrong (1.4) + FOR McCabe (7.15) + Raycroft (2.00)

LA has roughly 7.6 million dollars left in their payroll. They would have to sign Cammellari first for this to work though. If this trade went through they would lose Armstrong's 1.4 but add on 9.15 leaving them with a balance of 7.75 mil., more then the 7.6 they have left. This would also put them too high on payrolls. Toronto could handle this trade but it is way too biased in their favour.

VERDICT= NO

CBJ=Fristche (.75) + Chimera (1.00) FOR McCabe (7.15) + Raycroft (2.00)

Once again, this doesn't work for Columbus. They have 15.9 mil to work with and would add on 7.5 mil. Although this sounds good moneywise the Leafs get ripped off. But why would CBJ need a starter anyways, they have Norrena.

VERDICT=NO

The Pheonix and St. Louis deals look horrible in my mind for the Leafs.

But I think moving Raycroft is our biggest priority and these are the possible deals I see.

To LA= Raycroft (2.00) and Stajan (.95) and a 4th RD pick in 08 Draft
To TML= O'Sullivan (.65) and Brown (1.18)

This is smart moneywise because TML loses 2.95 mil and LA loses 1.83 mil, very similar numbers. We get two young players and they get a good young player and a number 1 goalie. We also give them a 4th RD pick.

To TBL= Raycroft (2..00) and Pohl (.475)
To TML= Holmqvist (1.00) and Tarnasky (1.00) and a 2nd Rd pick in 08 Draft

This makes sense for both teams.

Comments??
Suggestions??

Second place is only first place of the losers.

Edited by - leafsfan_101 on 07/09/2007 09:07:27
Go to Top of Page

SlowShot
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
264 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2007 :  13:44:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think that JFJ has not traded raycroft is because of his dad John Ferguson who just died recently. Defeantly one of the toughest the game has ever seen.

Pickup hockey pool
Go to Top of Page

Kashmire
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
506 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2007 :  15:02:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't like either of those trades. Brown has some pretty nice stats but his defense is bad. The leafs don't need more of those kind of players. Also, trading Stajan would be a waste. He is good on defence and can generate some offensive play, and we have just spent to much time on him to give up on him now.

Then the Tbay trade...Doens't make sense to me. Why would the leafs want another goaltender? Then taking on Tarnasky would bring leafs down more. Besides, Tbay would never trade Holmqvist for Raycroft.

I'm curious, what about the STL trade do you dislike? Personally I love it. Stempniak is a great player and Boyes is great to. This trade would add the depth the Leafs need on offence. Their flaw is that Kaberle and Gill are the only ones with the right stuff to defend. White and Colaiacavo will but they still need some time to develope. Kubina and McCabe leave gaps in our system. When we get smart reliable forwards on each line is when the Leafs are going back to the top.

Edited by - Kashmire on 07/15/2007 15:07:05
Go to Top of Page

PuckNuts
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2414 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2007 :  16:41:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We traded Boyes, McCauley, and a 2003 first round pick to SJS for Owen Nolan...Why on Earth would we make a trade to get Boyes back ???

- - Marshall McLuhan

Go to Top of Page

Kashmire
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
506 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2007 :  16:58:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Because that team was screwed with "No-Shows". Blow out season. JFJ is making better choices and Boyes would be great on the leafs. Why wouldn't we want him?
Go to Top of Page

PuckNuts
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2414 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2007 :  17:00:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Like I said we had Boyes and traded him away...Is that not saying we do not want you...

- - Marshall McLuhan

Edited by - PuckNuts on 07/15/2007 17:01:18
Go to Top of Page

leafsfan_101
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1530 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2007 :  19:14:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Boyes and Stempniak aren't that great. St. Louis doesn't need a goalie so why on earth would they want Raycroft. Only LA I see needs a starter but who would they give us. Brown is a capable forward and O'Sullivan is a young talent, something we need to build on. I don't like trading Stajan either, he is a great defensive player and extremely smart with the puck, but you need to give to get. Who else is there to add LA would want. I see it between Stajan, Pohl and Wellwood.

Second place is only first place of the losers.
Go to Top of Page

Kashmire
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
506 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2007 :  19:24:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would not give away Wellwood!

My no-go list:

Wellwood
Kaberle
Stajan
White
Colaiacavo
Sundin

We have had these guys for too long. It would be such a waste of time if we send them off to only find them racking up points in their prime.
Unless the price was right of coarse. I would not give them away for an even deal.

My Go-Go list:

Kilger
McCabe
Kubina
Pohl
Raycroft
Go to Top of Page

Patchy
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
529 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2007 :  19:34:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kashmire, I would take pohl, kilger and Kubina if he wasn't so expensive, away from you're go-go list and I would add Steen to the no-go. But I would like to see McCabe and Raycroft go for a strong d-man.

~~Go Leafs Go~~
Go to Top of Page

Kashmire
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
506 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2007 :  19:52:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've completely given up on kilger. I would like to see him go aswell. Steen I'm not sure about. That's why he wasn't on a list.
Go to Top of Page

Guest2312
( )

Posted - 08/02/2007 :  18:01:52  Reply with Quote
i guess maybe they wanna trade him 4 sum1 better maybe sum draft picks i dunno
Go to Top of Page

Kashmire
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
506 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2007 :  19:28:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a new view of things now. Kilger is good for his shot and size. He is worth it on the third or fourth line. Don't trade any picks away this season unless they are third or fourth, and only one. Stick with the youth we have. We should keep Raycroft I think. Great tandem. Toskala's skill and the teams upgrades will probably put the leafs into a new mood and Raycroft will get good hype in the Leafs glory. Deal him for high picks at deadline, unless we make the playoffs. If we make playoffs and think we can go far I suppose we should keep him for the run. But he should probably go for some picks. And JFJ needs to get his scouts working their asses off this season. We,ve done a really good high at drafting low so I'm already pleased with the scouts. Extra effort is needed by the whole team. Maybe JFJ's losses will turn around his mental position; "win the cup now". Hopefully he understands we need to rebuild.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page