Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Buffalo
 The Sabres New Captains(Captain and Alternates) Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PainTrain
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1393 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2007 :  10:38:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
After Chris Drury and Daniel Briere left the Buffalo Sabres.

Who will be the Captain and Alternates for the 2007/2008 season?

Choices:

Teppo Numminen(C)Jochen Hecht(A)Maxim Afinogenov(A)
Jochen Hect (C)Brian Campbell(A)Teppo Numminen(A)
Maxim Afinogenov(C)Teppo Numminen(A)TBrian Campbell(A)
Brian Campbell(C)Jochen Hecht(A)Maxim Afinogeov(A)
Other

Edited by - PainTrain on 08/01/2007 10:41:58

PainTrain
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1393 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2007 :  10:45:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just used those 4 players: Numminen, Hecht,Afinogenov and Campbell because I think there now the leaders of the team. And I know there is more combinations you could use with those 4, I just made sure each of them got there name as Captain and two times for Alternate.

And I say Numminen(C)Hecht(A)Afinogenov(A) will be the 3 to get the letter on the chest. All three have played in the league for a while and they seem like good leaders. After this next season though Hecht will get the C because I bet Numminen is going to retire.

No Sacrifice , No Victory!
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2007 :  20:12:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I voted for the same option, for all the reasons you mentioned. Also Numminen has played many more games than any other European (many of the other choices were European players) so he has tons of experience.
Go to Top of Page

PainTrain
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1393 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2007 :  20:15:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The 4players I chose are players who have played in more NHL games than most of the team. Buffalo still has a young team and people don't really see that.

Go to Top of Page

PainTrain
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1393 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2007 :  08:50:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just heard from Sabres insider, that Brian Campbell,Paul Gaustad,Jochen Hecht and Adam Mair are the possibilities for the Captain. Not Teppo Numminen because of his heart surgery and he is questionable once he returns.

Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2007 :  17:59:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah I do recall that Teppo has a history of heart problems. That sucks, he would've made a good captain. Wonder why Afinogenov isn't on the list, he'd be a good choice too.

PainTrain
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1393 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2007 :  09:33:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think a reason is because he doesn't fully understand english. Maybe he's not good in the dressing room. I would like to see Adam Mair with the ''C'' he has such a great work ethic, it would be like Tampa Bay where they have Tim Taylor as the Captain but he is only on the 4th line too. Brian Campbell and Jochent Hecht with the "A's"

Go to Top of Page

PainTrain
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1393 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2007 :  16:48:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For the first Sabres preseason game Jochen Hecht had the ''C'' Brian Campbell and Tony Lydman had the "A"

Edited by - PainTrain on 09/21/2007 16:48:39
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2007 :  18:02:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PainTrain

For the first Sabres preseason game Jochen Hecht had the ''C'' Brian Campbell and Tony Lydman had the "A"

Preseason doesnt really mean anything, Kesler and the twins were wearing the A's for the canucks games last night. but back to topic I think Hecht will get the C

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Go to Top of Page

Guest4719
( )

Posted - 09/26/2007 :  19:08:48  Reply with Quote
Yo, this is Mik...don't feel like signing in, lol. I survived the first week of college! Anyway...

I just heard Numminen is out unitl December. Man Buffalo is REALLY screwed. As if the loss of Briere and Drury and Zubrus wasn't bad enough, now another of the better players will be out for the first three months! I mean, they can still pull off some wins and all with Afinogenov, Connolly, Lydman, Hecht, and the others, but losing Teppo along with the other three is pouring salt on the wound.
Go to Top of Page

PainTrain
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1393 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2007 :  19:10:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4719

Yo, this is Mik...don't feel like signing in, lol. I survived the first week of college! Anyway...

I just heard Numminen is out unitl December. Man Buffalo is REALLY screwed. As if the loss of Briere and Drury and Zubrus wasn't bad enough, now another of the better players will be out for the first three months! I mean, they can still pull off some wins and all with Afinogenov, Connolly, Lydman, Hecht, and the others, but losing Teppo along with the other three is pouring salt on the wound.

But with that Nathan Paetch can step in. Who is a good puck moving defenceman who can play the point. Mark Zaparman is a good center and Clark McCarthur has proved he can play in the NHL. And Derek Roy had a impressive preseason game last night when he scored 3 goals and added 3 assists! We still have a good team Mik, don't worry!

Edited by - PainTrain on 09/27/2007 19:22:36
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page