Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 US Olympic team has few surprises Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jack Kayden 66
Top Prospect

Canada
61 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2005 :  08:04:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the US team looks pretty solid. Maybe the only real surprise is Brian Leetch not being named but if you look through the list it is tough to argue with the selections. I am just glad Roenick didn't get named. On a side note, rumor has it that he and Craig Conroy got in a bit of a tussle during the pre-game skate yesterday and Conroy left the ice with a bloody nose.

Ripley
PickupHockey Pro

USA
365 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2005 :  17:08:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was a little surprised that Roenick isn't there. I know his numbers are weak this year but he has been a staple in years gone by. Maybe his mouth is only tolerable when his points back it up? The thing about Roenick is that he can explode at any time! Last night might be a sign of things to come (2 points). I bet his personal goal is to make the execs sorry they didn't pick him. It's a little sad to say and maybe I'm not giving him enough credit but that might be his motivation moving forward...
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2005 :  21:09:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think Connolly should have gone in place of Jason Blake.

Roenick should have made the team because of his past success, regardless of his mouth (I kind of agreed with him on some stuff he said).

Leetch is done, glad he's not on the team.
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2005 :  00:18:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Roenick has a big mouth but you're right babs...he's pretty refreshing at times. I think he should have made it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page