Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trades and Rumors
 Ryan O'Reilly Trade Destination Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

@valanche
Rookie



Canada
240 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2013 :  23:33:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's been rumored that due to contract disputes between the Colorado Avalanche and Ryan O'Reilly that the young, highly skilled, two-way center will be dealt soon. If O'Reilly is traded where will he go? And what will be the asking price,

66 is > than 99

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star



3598 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2013 :  09:37:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
further rumours indicate that COL is only talking to Eastern conference teams, so that should narrow it down. Reported asking price is a roster player + top prospect.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4647
( )

Posted - 02/13/2013 :  09:48:49  Reply with Quote
TO
Go to Top of Page

@valanche
Rookie



Canada
240 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2013 :  10:25:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4647

TO


Why the leafs they have grabovski
I'm addition if I'm the avs I want kadri and a first rounder minimum.

66 is > than 99
Go to Top of Page

Leafs81
PickupHockey Pro



716 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2013 :  11:09:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well then they can keep Ryan O'Reilly and the contract dispute
Go to Top of Page

Mario 66
PickupHockey Pro



Canada
360 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2013 :  11:54:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As a Pens fan I will give them Derek Pouliot (Avs need D) top 10 pick last yr and a 2nd round draft pick this year. Ryan O'Reily doesnt warrant anything more than that.

Every journey begins with a single step.
Go to Top of Page

@valanche
Rookie



Canada
240 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2013 :  12:08:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Leafs81

Well then they can keep Ryan O'Reilly and the contract dispute


I didn't mean to upset people I don't want him traded at all I would much rather see the two sides agree to a deal. It's really BS that salary arbitration isn't around anymore.

66 is > than 99
Go to Top of Page

@valanche
Rookie



Canada
240 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2013 :  12:11:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mario 66

As a Pens fan I will give them Derek Pouliot (Avs need D) top 10 pick last yr and a 2nd round draft pick this year. Ryan O'Reily doesnt warrant anything more than that.

Every journey begins with a single step.


Yep, defense and wingers (more so right wing). however the Avs need players that can step in now

66 is > than 99
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star



3598 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2013 :  12:23:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by @valanche

quote:
Originally posted by Leafs81

Well then they can keep Ryan O'Reilly and the contract dispute


I didn't mean to upset people I don't want him traded at all I would much rather see the two sides agree to a deal. It's really BS that salary arbitration isn't around anymore.

66 is > than 99



Salary arbitration is still around - O'Reilly just doesn't qualify for it yet, he doesn't have enough experience at the NHL level. He will qualify after his next contract.

I'm actually surprised that he didn't take one of the two deals offered to him by COL - either 2yr/7M or 5yr/17M sounded fair given he's coming out of an EL deal where he only produced at high levels in the last year. Take the 2 year deal, and if he produces at the same clip, cash in after that on a big bucks, longer term deal.

Perhaps he doesn't want to be in COL?

quote:

Why the leafs they have grabovski
I'm addition if I'm the avs I want kadri and a first rounder minimum.



Are you saying TOR should give up Grabo, Kadri, and a first rounder for O'Rielly? Thats a pretty steep price...

Edited by - nuxfan on 02/13/2013 12:25:10
Go to Top of Page

@valanche
Rookie



Canada
240 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2013 :  13:08:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nuxfan

quote:
Originally posted by @valanche

quote:
Originally posted by Leafs81

Well then they can keep Ryan O'Reilly and the contract dispute


I didn't mean to upset people I don't want him traded at all I would much rather see the two sides agree to a deal. It's really BS that salary arbitration isn't around anymore.

66 is > than 99



Salary arbitration is still around - O'Reilly just doesn't qualify for it yet, he doesn't have enough experience at the NHL level. He will qualify after his next contract.

I'm actually surprised that he didn't take one of the two deals offered to him by COL - either 2yr/7M or 5yr/17M sounded fair given he's coming out of an EL deal where he only produced at high levels in the last year. Take the 2 year deal, and if he produces at the same clip, cash in after that on a big bucks, longer term deal.

Perhaps he doesn't want to be in COL?

quote:

Why the leafs they have grabovski
I'm addition if I'm the avs I want kadri and a first rounder minimum.



Are you saying TOR should give up Grabo, Kadri, and a first rounder for O'Rielly? Thats a pretty steep price...



I was saying why would the leafs need a second line center since they just locked up Grabo.
(So kadri + a first rounder for O'Reilly)

And you're right I don't think he wants to play in Colorado. They have three centers capable of playing on the top two lines (stastny and duchene) I always thought stastny would be the odd man out - or at least hoped since he is the least talented and his contract is ridiculous.

66 is > than 99
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend



5810 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2013 :  13:14:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Doesn't look to be the Habs considering the #'s he was already offered and factoring in the PK Subban fiasco!

Edited by - Alex116 on 02/13/2013 13:15:29
Go to Top of Page

Guest6786
( )

Posted - 02/13/2013 :  13:30:29  Reply with Quote
from a Leafs perspective, i don't think Kadri is going to be considered in any trade anymore. not with the way he's playing this year.

my offer would be Grabovski plus....
if we're going to pay the salary that he's asking, then you'll have to take some salary in return.
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran



Canada
1910 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2013 :  14:08:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd say the Sen's should make a play due to the cap space being available, the need for a productive centre while Spezza is out and the trade bait they could offer. But once Spezza is back the centre position is deep in Ottawa. Too bad the Oilers are in the West and Colorado isnt looking in the West, as they are clearly lacking the depth at centre with all the injuries and have a few pieces they could use for trade bait.
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star



3598 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2013 :  16:47:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
does anyone know what he's asking for, or has anyone read anything? All I've read is what he won't take...Its not clear that his holdout is over money... could be that he's willing to take 2yr/7M or 5yr/17m, just not with COL.

If a team thinks they can get him signed for 3.5M a season for anywhere from 2-5 years, his trade value goes up considerably IMO. I think that is a fair price to pay for him, and although unproven, he has a lot of upside should he match or improve on last season.

Edited by - nuxfan on 02/13/2013 16:48:56
Go to Top of Page

Guest2872
( )

Posted - 02/14/2013 :  05:54:28  Reply with Quote
I also think the issue is Colorado rather than money. I did not expect this to go on this long. He definitely is a guality player that will be very sought after.....but again at what expense.
I can easily see him going to Philly just because they will want to shake things up....maybe Laughton and a pick? Or move Briere and his big contract.....much less likely.
Also New Jersey could use an influx of talent. Even though they are doing very well they did lose some marquee players.
Go to Top of Page

slozo
Moderator



Canada
4607 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2013 :  07:14:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm sure that Toronto will kick the tires on this potential deal . . .

But that being said, it does seem unlikely, especially with the emergence of Kadri into what should surely be a locked up NHL roster spot at centre going forward.

If it's not Grabovski that is dangled, could it be Bozak? I mean, I really love the way he has progressed and all - I am not one of his naysayers at all - but that being said, an upgrade is an upgrade, right? Still unlikely I think, but a deal with Bozak going the other way and perhaps a low level prospect to get O'Reilly would be tantalising in some ways.

Problem is, as Toronto GM, do you want to risk Kessel's happiness with Bozak? (the two are good friends off the ice, and obviously very familiar linemates) Do you want to trade a guy who has become our top faceoff guy and looks like he is still progressing upward into a potential 60 point guy?

And for Grabo . . . do you really want to deal a guy who is considered one of Toronto's heart and soul players, and who has great chemistry with Kulemin? A guaranteed year of 50-60 points, an energy guy with a fantastic work ethic?

Tough call - wouldn't want to be in Nonis' shoes, but that's why he gets paid the big bucks!

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Guest0047
( )

Posted - 02/14/2013 :  09:31:30  Reply with Quote
for the fun of speculation.. I think Winnipeg would be a nice fit. Something like trouba and a roster player, maybe even schiefele. The peg would love to lock up a young 2 way center stud long term
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend



5810 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2013 :  09:32:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What about a deal including Frattin? He's been on fire, till his injury which i hear isn't too serious, and could have a bit of value?

I too thought of NJ but don't know if they have a lot to offer? Would Adam Henrique be fair value? Maybe a pick thrown in? I don't see a lot of Henrique so it's hard for me to determine.

Personally, even with the contract problem, i have a feeling an eastern team is gonna overpay for O'Reilly. Yes, he's a good two way player, but he's only had years of 26, 26 and 55 points. Trending upwards for sure, but depending on what a team gives up and what they end up having to pay him, i'd worry if "my team" were looking at aquiring him! When i think of a guy in his situation, i think more towards the deal that NYR gave CBJ for Nash and for whatever reason, i just get a feeling that someone's gonna pay big for this unproven kid.

Edited by - Alex116 on 02/14/2013 09:36:12
Go to Top of Page

The_Gipper
Rookie



Canada
213 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2013 :  10:23:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slozo


And for Grabo . . . do you really want to deal a guy who is considered one of Toronto's heart and soul players, and who has great chemistry with Kulemin? A guaranteed year of 50-60 points, an energy guy with a fantastic work ethic?

Tough call - wouldn't want to be in Nonis' shoes, but that's why he gets paid the big bucks!

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug



i agree that Grabo has the heart and soul, but the scouting on O'Reilly is that he's a heart and soul guy to. difference to me though is that i think O'Reilly will be able to create more chances simply because he's bigger and won't get knocked off the puck as easily as Grabo can. another tid bit to consider is that O'Reilly is an Ontario boy. i'm sure he'd be thrilled to play for the Leafs.

but here's a question/scenario for you Slozo, as a fellow Leafer.... let's say hypothetically we do trade Grabo for O'Reilly. now we have 3 young centers in O'Reilly, Kadri, and Bozak. who is top line? and with the acquisition does our search for that bona fide top line center now come to an end? i.e.) we go with these 3 for the next 5-ish years.
Go to Top of Page

Guest2462
( )

Posted - 02/14/2013 :  10:59:22  Reply with Quote
The main advantage of O'Reily over Grabovski is O'Reilly hasnt bit anyone yet
Go to Top of Page

@valanche
Rookie



Canada
240 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2013 :  13:02:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oreillys father has gotten involved on twitter now.
http://wp.me/p14QU5-4wCG


66 is > than 99

Edited by - @valanche on 02/14/2013 13:03:38
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star



3598 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2013 :  14:35:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
always a good sign when player's parents get involved in the process... not.
Go to Top of Page

MrBoogedy
Rookie



Canada
195 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2013 :  22:53:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've heard that Montreal has shown some interest in him, wouldn't surprise me if they sent over Eller and a top prospect.
Go to Top of Page

slozo
Moderator



Canada
4607 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2013 :  05:35:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's definitely going to heat up, and within the next few days I am positive the offers will start drifting out to us.

I do hear he's captain material, a solid kid all around, and obviously he's young and trending updwards and has some high end skill.

Still, really a tough call to try and predict how much you pay for "potential" here. Would I take him over Bozak on the Leafs? Probably, yeah . . . but would I pay for him with a heart and sould guy like Grabovski who is a very known quantity for me? Not sure - it'd be all on the scouts for me to properly evaluate him.

Intersting that someone mentioned Winnipeg . . . I don't think that's such a crazy suggestion at all. They need a potential top line centre bigtime, unless they really think Jokinen will return to form sometime this year. Montreal as well I can really see being in the mix, sure.

I'm curious to hear from Colorado fans . . . if any are out there . . . what do you guys think of this kid?

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran



Canada
2283 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2013 :  06:51:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MrBoogedy

I've heard that Montreal has shown some interest in him, wouldn't surprise me if they sent over Eller and a top prospect.



Lets hope not, Eller should be playing with Pacioretty and Cole, if the habs move a center itès Desharnais that should be going 5 points in 13 games all but 1 came on the PP and he is a -6, Eller has 5 points a even rating and playing 9 min a night. O Reilly is good but after you trade for him you have to sign him, he is deffinetly not worth Eller and a top prospect that would be obserd!

understand he is only 22 and has 3 NHL seasons under his belt, but only one of those seasons is close to the value he seems to want in a contract, I would not give up a solid roster with big upside and then a top prospect,

The only way O Reilly is worth that is to a contender a team that needs that skill set now, because what you are talking about giving up both players could be as good if not better than O Reilly in the future, ièm all for gambles but not when the odds are against you!

Hello, 911? It's an emergency, my teddy bear's been kidnapped!
[pause] Hello? Hello?
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran



Canada
2283 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2013 :  07:22:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1530140-nhl-rumors-avalanche-must-trade-ryan-oreilly-before-deadline-passes

as much as i have herd nothing but good things about this kid up untill now, this article makes me think i do not want him on my team at all!

Hello, 911? It's an emergency, my teddy bear's been kidnapped!
[pause] Hello? Hello?
Go to Top of Page

@valanche
Rookie



Canada
240 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2013 :  10:15:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slozo



I'm curious to hear from Colorado fans . . . if any are out there . . . what do you guys think of this kid?

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug



If you would have asked me 8-10 months ago who the captain after hejduk would be I would have said oreilly. Great player that works his ass off every night. He is limited offensively but it's never been apparent due to how hard he works. If the decision were up to me I would sign him to the 5 million he is asking for I can't see the avs getting equal value in a trade.

66 is > than 99
Go to Top of Page

The Duke
PickupHockey Veteran



Canada
1041 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2013 :  11:48:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
latest i heard was Tor. offering Kulemin, plus D-man and either ( middle pack prospect ) or 2nd rd pick
Go to Top of Page

Guest2387
( )

Posted - 02/15/2013 :  12:06:24  Reply with Quote
I could see Nashville being being a good fit.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend



5810 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2013 :  12:19:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Duke

latest i heard was Tor. offering Kulemin, plus D-man and either ( middle pack prospect ) or 2nd rd pick



So, where would that leave the Leafs in their great search for a franchise type center? Is that guy now Kadri? Are they sold on him for just a 10-12 game stretch? Would it be O'Reilly, who many claim has a limited upside offensively? Or is it Bozek?

If the Leafs were the ones to get him AND they still go out and sign a guy like Getzlaf in the summer (hypothetically speaking), does O'Reilly become a #3 centerman? Maybe his game suits that more than it would a #1 but would he be happy there and would the Leafs be happy paying the money he seems to be commanding to be a 3rd line center???

I just don't see the fit, unless a C is moved in the deal as i don't think any of the 3 is the true #1 that TO and it's fans have been pining for! *Kadri i guess has the potential to develop into that?
Go to Top of Page

@valanche
Rookie



Canada
240 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2013 :  12:20:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a feeling the rangers go after him.
J.T Miller has played well and proven he belongs in the NHL.

Kreider + 1st round pick for Ryan O'Reilly

66 is > than 99
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend



5810 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2013 :  12:49:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by @valanche

I have a feeling the rangers go after him.
J.T Miller has played well and proven he belongs in the NHL.

Kreider + 1st round pick for Ryan O'Reilly

66 is > than 99



Some may feel that's steep, but considering the NYR's 1st rounder should be in the late 20's, it's not that bad actually.

Here's a bit to read from Nicholas Cotnsonika (Yahoo Sports) which is interesting and makes a lot of sense!.......

- If the Colorado Avalanche were going to cave, it would have done so already. If a team were going to sign restricted free agent Ryan O’Reilly to an offer sheet, it would have done so already. So it comes down to this: a trade that benefits both sides, or a continuing stalemate that hurts both.

- This hurts O’Reilly more than the Avs, though. He is losing a year of his NHL career. What are the Avs losing? Frankly, just more games. O’Reilly is an excellent, two-way, second-line center, but not the kind of difference-maker that would turn Colorado into a playoff team, let alone a Stanley Cup contender. Unless O’Reilly ends up in a better situation via trade, it’s hard to see the benefit for him. The Avs have the leverage. They can hold the line on money, not wanting to set a bad precedent, and they don’t have to give him up unless they receive a fair return.

-If O’Reilly is upset because the Avs didn’t name him captain, is he the kind of guy that should have been named captain?


This is the first time i've heard of the captaincy issue? Not sure if there's any truth to it but if there is, the writer makes a great point!
Go to Top of Page

Guest2872
( )

Posted - 02/21/2013 :  07:39:55  Reply with Quote
What about Briere and pickand/or prospects for O'Reilly. Proven playoff performer who has large cap hit but small paycheque next two years.
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran



Canada
1910 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2013 :  09:48:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Briere is better the O'Reilly. No chance Colorado gets him, prospects and/or a pick for a 1 year 56 point season with limited offensive skills. Briere may be injury prone, but he is a legit top line player. Colorado would have to offer O'Reilly and more to have Briere in trade. Dont get me wrong though Philly might be a good destination for O'Reilly though, but different parts and pieces in return.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend



5810 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2013 :  11:30:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JOSHUACANADA

Briere is better the O'Reilly. No chance Colorado gets him, prospects and/or a pick for a 1 year 56 point season with limited offensive skills. Briere may be injury prone, but he is a legit top line player. Colorado would have to offer O'Reilly and more to have Briere in trade. Dont get me wrong though Philly might be a good destination for O'Reilly though, but different parts and pieces in return.



Joshua, i think you're way off here. Main thing to consider imo is that Colorado likely wouldn't want Briere. He's 35 and has a 6.5 Mil cap hit for this year PLUS two more! Yes, he's only gonna be paid 3 and 2 mil for the next 2 respectively, but for a young building team like Colorado, he's just not what they should be after. I think Philly would be happy to rid themselves of this cap hit and wouldn't be asking for anything extra if they could get O'Reilly!
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star



3598 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2013 :  11:45:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

quote:
Originally posted by JOSHUACANADA

Briere is better the O'Reilly. No chance Colorado gets him, prospects and/or a pick for a 1 year 56 point season with limited offensive skills. Briere may be injury prone, but he is a legit top line player. Colorado would have to offer O'Reilly and more to have Briere in trade. Dont get me wrong though Philly might be a good destination for O'Reilly though, but different parts and pieces in return.



Joshua, i think you're way off here. Main thing to consider imo is that Colorado likely wouldn't want Briere. He's 35 and has a 6.5 Mil cap hit for this year PLUS two more! Yes, he's only gonna be paid 3 and 2 mil for the next 2 respectively, but for a young building team like Colorado, he's just not what they should be after. I think Philly would be happy to rid themselves of this cap hit and wouldn't be asking for anything extra if they could get O'Reilly!



I agree from a cap hit perspective - PHI needs to rid themselve of cap either this year or next, and Briere is using 6.5M of it. At the age of 35 he's not in the long term plans for PHI - I think PHI moving Briere at some point this year or next just as a salary dump is highly likely.

Meanwhile, COL is in no danger of bumping up on the cap, and in fact might like a Briere-type contract to keep them off the floor. Briere would be good for mentoring younger players.

The only catch is Briere's NMC. And what else would come from PHI as part of the package.

Edited by - nuxfan on 02/21/2013 12:15:35
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend



5810 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2013 :  14:41:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I didn't realize the Av's cap position, though i still don't think they'd be interested in a guy Briere's age. To take full advantage of a guy like that, you need to be a solid playoff team, which Col is not! They've missed the playoffs in 3 of the last 4 years and the year they made it, they squeezed in in the 8th seed in the West. I don't see them needing this guy personally, though that's just me. Either way, i don't think it's Colorado who'd be sending "more" to Philly in a deal for Briere, i think it'd be the other way around.
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran



Canada
1910 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2013 :  14:42:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From a strictly cap prospective, yes, moving Briere makes sense. I dont see it happening until the offseason however as this team needs to find ways to generate offense now and Briere is a legitimate offensive threat. I like how Philly is jelling now, with Bryz actually winning some games rather than his poor play from the past year. Philly is trending north with the core they have now. I would think they would make a trade at some point but it will be closer to the deadline. $6.5 million contract puts a big bullseye on Briere, but his 30+ goal potential with 60-70 point potential and playoff experience I would think will carry him to the end of the season.

I just dont see the advantage to dropping a legit 30 goal 60-70 point player at $6.5 million, for a player with 1 - 53 point season and an attitude problem at $5 million.
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star



3598 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2013 :  15:36:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JOSHUACANADA

From a strictly cap prospective, yes, moving Briere makes sense. I dont see it happening until the offseason however as this team needs to find ways to generate offense now and Briere is a legitimate offensive threat. I like how Philly is jelling now, with Bryz actually winning some games rather than his poor play from the past year. Philly is trending north with the core they have now. I would think they would make a trade at some point but it will be closer to the deadline. $6.5 million contract puts a big bullseye on Briere, but his 30+ goal potential with 60-70 point potential and playoff experience I would think will carry him to the end of the season.

I just dont see the advantage to dropping a legit 30 goal 60-70 point player at $6.5 million, for a player with 1 - 53 point season and an attitude problem at $5 million.



I don't think anyone is going to pay O'Reilly 5M a year for several years on his next contract...

You're probably right about Briere, he'll likely stick with PHI thru this season, they will need him come playoff time. I still think COL might like someone like Briere - his cap hit is high (6.5M), but his actual salary is low (3M next year, 2M in the last year), which is easily affordable for a team like COL, and for the role they'd likely have for him. Having a player like him around could be beneficial for the younger core.

I agree with Alex as well - PHI would be sending more the other way in this deal. A move for Briere would be at least a partial salary dump, and COL is going to want more than an aging forward for one of its better assets.
Go to Top of Page

@valanche
Rookie



Canada
240 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2013 :  21:14:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Briere isn't really worth much to the avs IMO. If he was 5+ years younger absolutely, but the avs know they won't be competing for the cup for a few years if they are lucky. The avs asked for couturier and the flyers said he was untouchable.

66 is > than 99
Go to Top of Page

@valanche
Rookie



Canada
240 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2013 :  21:59:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just to give an update:
- teams reportedly interested are the rangers, senators, and flyers but none liked the high asking price. I wouldn't be surprised if buffalo came into the situation soon or if the avs started fielding offers from teams in the west.

- Ryan's father wrote an article to the Denver post which was interesting to say the least:

http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2013/02/19/ryan-oreillys-father-opens-up-on-his-sons-situation-with-avalanche/12635/

To which Ryan replied on twitter by saying:
@Ryan_OReilly90: I had no idea of my dads letter to the Denver post. It's tough situation I apologize to anyone bothered by this. Hopefully its over soon.

- I have no idea how a team is going to be able to fit him under the cap at around 4.5 million per season with the cap going down next year. One team with plenty of cap space is the avalanche...

- apparently oreilly has the same agency as pk subban which I find interesting
- this same agency submitted a lengthy (some reports say 25+ pages) on why Ryan is one of the best two way defensive players the league has ever seen

- at this point I am praying for someone to send an offer sheet just so the avs match it.

- can anyone enlighten me on what happens if he isn't traded by the end of the season ... He can't sign until his rfa status is over?



66 is > than 99
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page