Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 2013 draft Jonathan Drouin Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guest4260
( )

Posted - 02/25/2013 :  04:49:22  Reply with Quote
Jonathan Drouin just took over the scoring lead in the Q with 93 points in only 42 games.

This kid is putting up amazing numbers in his draft year and he is still doing it without MacKinnon who is out hurt. In comparison Huberdeau scored 72 points in 37 games after his draft year on a very stacked Saint John team.

The knock on him has been his size although I'm not sure it will effect him much, apparently his lower body strength is quite high.

I would not be surprised at all to see Drouin go #2, I still feel Jones is #1.

Mackinnon seems to have fallen a bit with the WJC and being hurt as well as Barkov but Drouin keeps getting better every week. At Christmas of 2011 he was playing Midget AAA in Quebec.

Leafs81
PickupHockey Pro

735 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2013 :  14:09:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Drouin is a winger

MacKinnon a centerman

I saw them play in Moncton, the game that MacKinnon was injured, for the one period that I saw them play together it was awesome. After that period Drouin seemed to have vanished, but it was just an off game. I will go see them again when they're back in Moncton.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2013 :  14:10:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He's a left winger. Check out these moves from him from the weekend. What an awesome bunch of moves culminating in an assist.

Sorry, but you have to put up with a 10 sec Tim Horton's promo....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxeRhV_ha54
Go to Top of Page

Guest4271
( )

Posted - 02/25/2013 :  21:54:45  Reply with Quote
Think both the kids from the Halifax team are ahead of Jones...lets see if there is some kind of deal in which one team tries to get both MacKinnon and Drouin, Van city did it to get the twins, may be worth the deal in a few years
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2013 :  07:45:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4271

Think both the kids from the Halifax team are ahead of Jones...lets see if there is some kind of deal in which one team tries to get both MacKinnon and Drouin, Van city did it to get the twins, may be worth the deal in a few years

Dunno, the scouts are sky high on Seth Jones. Keep in mind, he's a dman so it makes it a little different. He's still the scouts #1......

As far as a team trading up to get both Drouin and MacKinnon, highly doubtful. It would cost a fortune!!! Keep in mind, though they were ranked very high, the 1999 entry draft wasn't considered to be deep nor strong in overall talent. The Sedin's were talented, but on the negative side, were scrawny, needing badly to fill out and put on some muscle, as well as the fact they wanted to play together. They were a bit of an unknown. When you look back at the moves Burke made to get these two, i'd bet if the other GM's had any idea they'd become as good as they are, the deals would have been different and Burke would have had to pay a much higher price! The credit he gets, and deserves, is that it was a series of moves he had to make to ensure he could draft them back to back!

With MacKinnen at one point being considered by some to be the next big thing and now Drouin challenging him for the top draft spot (along with Jones), i don't see how a GM could pull this off without breaking the bank! Could happen, but i doubt it.
Go to Top of Page

Sharksfan
Top Prospect

Canada
10 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2013 :  07:54:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jonathan Drouin is amazing to watch,with or without Mackinnon.
I've had the opportunity to see them several times this season here in Halifax and its always worth the price of admission.
The way he can stick handle reminds me of a player from Detroit named Datsyuk.
It's near impossible to get tickets here anymore,players like this don't come along everyday.
Go to Top of Page

@valanche
Rookie

Canada
240 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2013 :  10:03:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are any of these guys (Drouin, Jones, or McKinnon) ready for the NHL next year?

66 is > than 99
Go to Top of Page

Guest9258
( )

Posted - 05/28/2013 :  15:00:16  Reply with Quote
This is the guy everyone should be talking about. His passing ability ranks up there with Adam Oates and as much as I hate comparing anyone to Gretzky which I wont do, its almost that good. And to boot he can skate like the wind. Only drawback I can see is his size.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2013 :  15:53:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9258

This is the guy everyone should be talking about. His passing ability ranks up there with Adam Oates and as much as I hate comparing anyone to Gretzky which I wont do, its almost that good. And to boot he can skate like the wind. Only drawback I can see is his size.

Interesting timing of this post. After the Memorial Cup performance Mackinnon put on, he's apparently now listed #1 on some lists, ahead of Jones. My bet is Drouin goes #3, and i think Tampa Bay will be totally ok with that!
Go to Top of Page

Guest2485
( )

Posted - 06/19/2013 :  16:32:42  Reply with Quote
Hello Drouin, this is Joe sakic. Welcome to the Colorado Avalanche. I predict Jones falls to fourth overall.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2013 :  22:40:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest2485

Hello Drouin, this is Joe sakic. Welcome to the Colorado Avalanche. I predict Jones falls to fourth overall.

I don't know about Jones falling to 4th but I could see him slipping to 3. Having said that, on the "ticker" tonight on sports center, it read "Colorado said to have Barkov in their sights as the #1 pick...."!!!

THAT, would be shocking, no?
Go to Top of Page

Guest2346
( )

Posted - 06/20/2013 :  08:14:39  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

quote:
Originally posted by Guest2485

I don't know about Jones falling to 4th but I could see him slipping to 3. Having said that, on the "ticker" tonight on sports center, it read "Colorado said to have Barkov in their sights as the #1 pick...."!!!

THAT, would be shocking, no?

shocking indeed. hard to believe even.

why would the avalanche say they won't trade out of the top 3 if they are targetting a guy most have going 4th at best...

something isnt adding up at all., though i think its Drouin the avs want not Barkov.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page