Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Canucks host Sens in BC Place Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

just1n
PickupHockey Pro

282 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2013 :  11:44:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Canucks will host the Senators in 2014 in BC Place. Finally an outdoor game in Canada (probably in the rain though). Pretty cool, I guess. Mostly interested to see what kind of jerseys the Canucks will end up wearing.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=427400

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2013 :  13:20:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ho hum.....YAWN.....

These games don't pack the appeal they once did. Canucks / Sens? Not even remotely a rivalry, so that doesn't exactly add to it.

Having said that, i'll prob go, overpay, sit 40+ yards away from the ice surface, have a few beers and say "i was there" one day down the road?
Go to Top of Page

Guest4645
( )

Posted - 07/10/2013 :  14:16:20  Reply with Quote
That has to be the Worst place to play a Out door game and 2 Very Boring teams to watch....
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2013 :  14:47:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

Ho hum.....YAWN.....

These games don't pack the appeal they once did. Canucks / Sens? Not even remotely a rivalry, so that doesn't exactly add to it.

Having said that, i'll prob go, overpay, sit 40+ yards away from the ice surface, have a few beers and say "i was there" one day down the road?

You think this was in the works before Alfredson moved on, hoping to catch the Swede vs Swede angle, I guess with Karlsson it still is. I don't see Ott/Van being a big draw. Would have liked Van vs New York or Boston. Or Ott vs Toronto or Montreal.

"I now realise that the Toronto Maple Leafs, Canada's finest hockey team, is better than the Ottawa Senators - and always will be. PS - LOVE that Dion Phaneuf! "
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2013 :  15:41:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest4645

That has to be the Worst place to play a Out door game and 2 Very Boring teams to watch....

Not sure what makes these two teams boring, but to each their own. I just don't like the fact there's no rivalry between the two. As far as the worst place to play, i'm not sure if you're referencing Vancouver as a city, which would be absurd or BC place or Vancouver geographically? If it's geographics, i'd agree, as long as you are referring to Canada only. They do have a Ana vs LA game scheduled for Dodger Stadium in California! THAT, imo, is a worse spot than Vancouver when considering "location" (and thus climate).

Joshua....i don't think it had anything to do with a Swede vs Swede thing, though i could be wrong. The only thing i'll look forward to is seeing Ottawa who isn't here very often and that can also be done in a regular indoor game.

Dunno why they picked these two, aside from Vancouver hosting and having not been in an outdoor game? Has Ottawa been in one? It's not the first in Canada of course as Edm and Calgary both hosted already if i'm not mistaken? Also, the Leafs are already in one coming up next year and Montreal's been in a couple already? I would have actually preferred to see our old division rival the Jets, with the game being held in an actual winter climate in Winnipeg!
Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2013 :  17:19:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alex116

quote:
Originally posted by Guest4645

Not sure what makes these two teams boring, but to each their own. I just don't like the fact there's no rivalry between the two. As far as the worst place to play, i'm not sure if you're referencing Vancouver as a city, which would be absurd or BC place or Vancouver geographically? If it's geographics, i'd agree, as long as you are referring to Canada only. They do have a Ana vs LA game scheduled for Dodger Stadium in California! THAT, imo, is a worse spot than Vancouver when considering "location" (and thus climate).

Joshua....i don't think it had anything to do with a Swede vs Swede thing, though i could be wrong. The only thing i'll look forward to is seeing Ottawa who isn't here very often and that can also be done in a regular indoor game.

Dunno why they picked these two, aside from Vancouver hosting and having not been in an outdoor game? Has Ottawa been in one? It's not the first in Canada of course as Edm and Calgary both hosted already if i'm not mistaken? Also, the Leafs are already in one coming up next year and Montreal's been in a couple already? I would have actually preferred to see our old division rival the Jets, with the game being held in an actual winter climate in Winnipeg!

100% agree. I don't remember the rivalry though.

"I now realise that the Toronto Maple Leafs, Canada's finest hockey team, is better than the Ottawa Senators - and always will be. PS - LOVE that Dion Phaneuf! "
Go to Top of Page

just1n
PickupHockey Pro

282 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2013 :  17:38:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Winnipeg vs. Minnesota could be good, just based on geography.

I think the only thing that would make attending the Vancouver - Ottawa "outdoor" game is the massive jumbotron. You'd be able to see the game just find on that thing.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2013 :  22:51:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Joshua....the rivalry def wasn't huge, like an old school Montreal / Boston or a Colorado / Detroit, but the fact they're both Canadian (not that Ott isn't ) and used to play against each other a lot, mixed with the Jets' somewhat still recent return to the NHL, I think it'd have made more sense.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2013 :  04:59:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I disagree completely with anyone saying that it's two boring teams . . . Ottawa plays an exciting, hard hitting, fore-checking game these days. Very much like Toronto, they are an exciting hockey club to watch these days! And Vancouver I wouldn't describe as boring . . . so not sure where that comes from. Probably from ignorance.

It's not a rivalry at all, but, it's at a nice venue . . . and certainly, weather could be a huge factor, so it'll be a great test for the ice-makers for sure.

I agree with the opinions on Winnipeg being a better choice . . . and if it's money the NHL is looking for, having an enormous venue being filled to capacity in the 'Peg, and them perhaps playing Vancouver (if you wanted/needed another Canadian city) or even better, as suggested, Minnesota - now THAT would be a huge interest game!

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Guest2302
( )

Posted - 07/11/2013 :  13:01:22  Reply with Quote
2014 Winter classic should be Jets vs the Wild .. At the New Investors field in mid Feb ..

In minus -25 Real Canadian hockey weather...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page