Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Available players, Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2015 :  10:21:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.tsn.ca/dreger-report-countdown-to-deadline-day-begins-1.189968

Dreger has posted a list of the available players at this years deadline, who would interest you for your favorite team?

I would like the Habs to look into Gardner Franson and Methot, but the problem the asking price will be high for all three and higher for the habs since they are within the same division, Kassian would really interest me for the habs depending on what Van expects in return,

Hello, 911? It's an emergency, my teddy bear's been kidnapped!
[pause] Hello? Hello?

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2015 :  08:41:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For my team Vermette, without hesitation. Former Senator and would instantly fill a hole Ottawa needs on secondary, maybe even 1st line scoring with Ottawa's current crop of forwards. A close second but an unlikely player to come to Ottawa in a trade, Ryan O'Reilly. Just don't see him or Colorado deciding Ottawa would be the best destination or providing the best return.

I'd like to see Yandle, but I think he will go to a contender not a team with an internal budget, much like O'Reilly.

My hope would be that Ottawa could work out there differences with Methot, as he wont draw much of a return now in a deadline trade and we need more of this type of player. If he goes they need to immediately fill that role with a shutdown, good possession type defenseman.

Hope to find any team that takes a hard look at Phillips and Neil. Any return would be great. Its time to change the guard in Ottawa and neither of these players are the players they once were for Ottawa. Definetly a big part of past success, limited role with this teams future.
Go to Top of Page

ryan93
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
996 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2015 :  19:11:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Rangers are a terrible face off team, so could really use a 3rd center behind Stepan & Brassard who can win some draws. Providing the asking price isn't too steep, I'd welcome a Jaromir Jagr return as well.
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2015 :  17:02:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like the season has started early, with LA waiving Mike Richards. He is having a down year for sure, but a bit of a surprise to outright put him on waivers - were there truly no takers for him from a trade perspective?

Will he get picked up on waivers, and if so, by whom?
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2015 :  22:47:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I doubt he's picked up at that salary, however, I could actually see him fitting in on some teams. He'd been demoted down the ranks in LA to the point where he was lucky if he got 3rd line minutes! Right team, right situation and he may actually have something left to contribute, however, Lombardi is surely kicking himself for not buying him out last year!!! That salary could have an impact on the Kings over the next number of years!
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2015 :  19:11:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For Toronto: I'd take Ryan O'Reilly, and Tyler Myers.

Myers won't happen, let's be real - it's Buffalo.
But O'Reilly . . . it's a real possibility, and potentially a way to get rid of a Lupul or even a Kessel if getting back more in return.

But honestly, I'm more concerned about getting RID of some players, than acquiring what may be more problems.

Don't Leaf me hanging, Buds!
Go to Top of Page

The Duke
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1239 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2015 :  22:58:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd love for the leafs to package something for Ryan Oreilly .... Gardiner for max domi....give Montreal something for zack fucale ( no other goalie will play in Montreal for a good few years ).....grab lots of youth with size and dump what they have
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2015 :  10:15:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Duke

I'd love for the leafs to package something for Ryan Oreilly .... Gardiner for max domi....give Montreal something for zack fucale ( no other goalie will play in Montreal for a good few years ).....grab lots of youth with size and dump what they have

I get what you mean about Furcale but i think Bernier is the real deal, in 2 ish years hes a top 10 goalie in the league, he may already be top 10 if it wasn t for the defence playing infront of him, not to menton Reimer is a legit starter in the league as well , no where near the top but if you list the top 30 goalies in the league Reimer is there in my mind

[pause] Hello? Hello?
Go to Top of Page

The_Gipper
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
285 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2015 :  07:23:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Go to Top of Page

The_Gipper
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
285 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2015 :  07:28:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Duke....Gardiner for Domi?? Really? Come on man you don't really expect the 'Yotes to make that deal, do you?
Go to Top of Page

nuxfan
PickupHockey All-Star

3670 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2015 :  21:34:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The_Gipper

quote:

Duke....Gardiner for Domi?? Really? Come on man you don't really expect the 'Yotes to make that deal, do you?

In Duke's world, teams can't wait to trade their top prospects to TOR for castoffs
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2015 :  14:17:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nuxfan

quote:
Originally posted by The_Gipper

quote:

In Duke's world, teams can't wait to trade their top prospects to TOR for castoffs

I'm not sure I'd consider Gardiner a "cast off" just yet, but he sure hasn't lived up to anything close to the hype of a couple years ago. Thing is, teams making deals now would not likely be looking for a project / up and comer type dman like Gardiner, unless of course they're the rebuilding team? Arizona and Toronto are in the same boat here and therefore are unlikely trade partners!

Edited by - Alex116 on 02/04/2015 14:53:58
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2015 :  16:14:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Yotes have been trying trade yandle for years, and there are even rumours this season Ekman Larrsen is available, I dont see what interest they would have in gardiner if they are going into such a rebuild that OEL is on the market

[pause] Hello? Hello?
Go to Top of Page

The Duke
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1239 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2015 :  17:09:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just wishful thinking. Wouldn't call Gardiner a cast off though. Plenty of teams would like to give Gardiner a shot. His skating is prob in the top 5 % of all NHL defenseman
Go to Top of Page

markliso
Rookie

Canada
104 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2015 :  17:13:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And right there, is one of the biggest problems in hockey. Instead of nurturing and building around some of these franchise players (Yandle or OEL) they try to trade them away. I love Yandle and OEL is definitely a good defender, so why not REBUILD AROUND THEM and fix your other issues?

Certain teams would never give up certain pieces and will stay the course, even when things get rough. Detroit, classic example. Last year, you would've never heard of some of their big names on the trading block, because they know who to build around.

In this generation, how do these players build confidence and grow when all they see on social media and TSN is that they are being shopped around? They get "depressed" with their millions (I'm looking at you Eberle) to the point that it becomes common knowledge all around the league that these poor poor kids have it SO HARD. But let's face it, that's the league we are in now, so why not try different approaches rather than have so called "franchise" players on the trading block all the time?

At least Calgary stated they will not mortgage their future for short term gain. Although, if they are in fact poised to make a playoff run, I say they should trade for Iggy, get him back, and maybe just trade away some deadweight or a pick or something for him. Third line Iggy on this newly rejuvinated Calgary team would be pretty sick to watch.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2015 :  06:36:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Markliso....the thought of Iggy returning to Calgary never even crossed my mind. If Calgary can stay in the hunt and Colorado continue to unbelievably struggle to score goals, how awesome would that be for Iggy to return to a Flames playoff team and be able to mentor/teach the young guys there about playoff hockey! Great idea!

quote:
Originally posted by markliso

And right there, is one of the biggest problems in hockey. Instead of nurturing and building around some of these franchise players (Yandle or OEL) they try to trade them away. I love Yandle and OEL is definitely a good defender, so why not REBUILD AROUND THEM and fix your other issues?

Certain teams would never give up certain pieces and will stay the course, even when things get rough. Detroit, classic example. Last year, you would've never heard of some of their big names on the trading block, because they know who to build around.

In this generation, how do these players build confidence and grow when all they see on social media and TSN is that they are being shopped around? They get "depressed" with their millions (I'm looking at you Eberle) to the point that it becomes common knowledge all around the league that these poor poor kids have it SO HARD. But let's face it, that's the league we are in now, so why not try different approaches rather than have so called "franchise" players on the trading block all the time?

At least Calgary stated they will not mortgage their future for short term gain. Although, if they are in fact poised to make a playoff run, I say they should trade for Iggy, get him back, and maybe just trade away some deadweight or a pick or something for him. Third line Iggy on this newly rejuvinated Calgary team would be pretty sick to watch.

Go to Top of Page

JOSHUACANADA
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2308 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2015 :  15:25:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Iggy returning as a 3rd liner to Calgary doesn't have that story book ending I would want. Is he a 3rd liner now? 16 goals and 31 points for the Avs who are struggling for offense. Has his game lost something? I honestly don't see him play anymore, just a few games for the Bruins last year. If he is still able to play like he did with Pittsburg, somewhere close to his Calgary level, this would be a much better thought.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2015 :  21:41:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
FYI, as much as the pending UFAs for Toronto are almost certainly going (Santorelli, Winnik, and quite possibly Franson if they're not going to re-sign him) . . . a little bird told me that a bigger name and biger contract has been inquired upon.

Lupul seems to have had interest from St. Louis, and Chicago. I'm sure the Leafs would love to get rid of his onerous contract, and if the rumour's true, they'll attempt to have the price driven as high as possible before okaying a deal.

Add Lupul to the list. Obviously, a team getting him needs to have or be able to make the cap space to fit him in.

Don't Leaf me hanging, Buds!
Go to Top of Page

markliso
Rookie

Canada
104 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2015 :  08:32:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the fear in cgy with any deadline move is "messing with a good thing".

Put iggy on the third line for depth, have him on the PP also and you could have really balanced out the whole team. At his age and speed, he's still easily a second liner (if not first on quite a few teams) but the more I read about cgy and the more I watch them play, my guess is would be they don't wanna mess up the core and how good they are playing.

I keep waiting for cgy to collapse (like Toronto) and yet, they just keep chugging along!
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2015 :  17:33:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Iggy 3rd line?? where? the guy has 16 goals, how many teams have 6 forwards with more than 16 goals? not to mention he is notorious for scoring a ton late in the season, hes still a safe bet for 25 goals this year and he actually had as many goals at this point in the season last year when he got 30 like he always does, Iggy is still a top second liner and even a first liner on a lot of teams!!

3rd liner piffffff nonsense !!

[pause] Hello? Hello?
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2015 :  17:36:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
jeeze just looked at his stats on pace for 24 goals and 29 assists,, how many third liners score 53 points??? none thats how many

[pause] Hello? Hello?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page