Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Flames Repeat? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2336 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2015 :  11:40:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Will the Flames improve on last season?

Choices:

Yes - better this year
No - last season was a fluke

Leafs81
PickupHockey Pro

735 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2015 :  08:02:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There should be a vote for same. which is where I place the Flames. Last year they were good and it was somewhat of an overachievement. I think this year they will be as good but it will be on par with what we expect. Good addition with Hamilton, The kids have more experience and Giordano should be healthy.

I don't know how management did it, but that was one efficient rebuild.
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2015 :  15:14:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess you could argue that No is what you are looking for Leafs81, "no, they will not improve".

I think I pretty much agree with you; last year they did overachieve by anyone's standards. This year would be a success by getting to the second round again. If they do, then the following season I would expect more.

I like the way this team is evolving. This year will be the real test for this squad.
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2015 :  09:16:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm anticipating a very slight step back, or a "stall" in the progress if you wanna call it that. I don't think they're gonna be brutal by any means, but I get the feeling that they won't make any noticeable improvement, even with the nice moves they've made.

Hiller isn't getting any younger and I'm not sold on their backups. Anyone know much about their goaltending pipeline? Anything coming along who may offer more than Ortio or Ramo?
Go to Top of Page

Alex116
PickupHockey Legend

6113 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2015 :  08:17:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Seems "Puck Daddy" agrees with me that they will dip a little. This if from his "Bold Predictions" piece...........

18. Calgary improves on the ice, but drops in the standings

There's no question that the Flames are a much, much better team than they were last year. And that starts to make up for the awful possession they had last year. But here's the thing: They had really high shooting percentages in high-leverage situations (overtime, with their goalie pulled, etc.) which are going to hit their season point total a lot harder than an evening-out of percentages to the norm would have if they just shot better than their talent at 5-on-5 alone. It could cost them as much as 10 points in the standings.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2015 :  21:34:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think they sort of HAVE to regress, at least in some small kind of way. Even with a healthy Giordano all season.

The shooting percentages are unsustainable . . . they had lots of quantifiable "puck luck" last year. Had great goaltending considering who was in net. Amazing rooking performances.

They'll be competitive, sure . . . but they'll miss the playoffs, I'm sure of it.

Don't Leaf me hanging, Buds!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page