Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trash Talk
 Bob Cole + Harry Neale = Terrible Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guest9253
( )

Posted - 11/12/2007 :  09:27:49  Reply with Quote
Ok now that I have the attention of all leafs fans I would like to make my point.

First of all I guess they are some sort of loved icon for toronto fans and I have no problem with them announcing Leafs games in their die hard fan/announcer and slow/pointing out the obvious/mistake riddled way. The problem I have is when they announce games toronto arent playing in -for example a sens game and they get increasingly depressing sounding over the course of the game if the sens are winning (which is a good bet this year)

I also think announcers should know the little things such as players names, rules of the game, and know what call the referees made before every single fan does and is standing up and yelling at the tv while either Bob or Harry pauses for a painfully long amount of time before saying and we have a whistle for something down on the ice....

I guess there is always going to be people who dislike any announcer but when these two guys blatently state things like "toronto is dominating the game" when they are losing by 5+ goals I begin to wonder why they are the number one guys....is that just me?

fly4apuckguy
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
834 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2007 :  09:47:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's just you.

Nah, seriously, they are biased toward the Leafs (although I don't think it as blatant as saying the Leafs are dominating a game that they are down by 5 goals - that's probably an exaggeration). As a non-Leaf or Senators fan, I don't find it to be that bad (probably you are a tad biased yourself, no?).

You need to get the Centre Ice package, available on Bell ExpressVu and StarChoice (maybe others, I don't know).

Then you'll see some really sickening commentator behavior. Harry and Bob look like Switzerland in terms of their neutrality compared to some of the guys who broadcast in the USA on the Fox Sports Networks, especially.

If you are watching a Nashville game, for example, from Nashville's FSN affiliate, an Avalanche player (let's say Sakic) will get tripped, and the commentators will blame Sakic for putting his legs on both sides of Hamhuis's stick. It gets that disgusting sometimes. And then, of course, in between action they stop to explain off-side to all their Nashville fans (all 93 of them), and then have some cartoon graphic to illustrate what a slapshot is.

Blech.

It makes a guy long for Bob and Harry, believe me.
Go to Top of Page

Guest0213
( )

Posted - 11/12/2007 :  09:48:21  Reply with Quote
Your argument is about a season late, Harry Neale left for Buffalo this year.
Go to Top of Page

Guest9253
( )

Posted - 11/12/2007 :  10:08:45  Reply with Quote
haha both true

I am indeed talking about what they did together last year and I also am 'slightly' (wink wink) biased and that is why I posted in the trash talk forum hahaha

I did however use the power of google to determine that there are lots of people with the same idea and crazier comments (even petitions out there with over 300 signatures to get them fired -maybe theres a reason Harry Neale moved)

and fly -I agree that is quite bad broadcasting there but maybe you are a tad biased? (couldnt resist)
Go to Top of Page

fly4apuckguy
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
834 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2007 :  10:56:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9253

haha both true

I am indeed talking about what they did together last year and I also am 'slightly' (wink wink) biased and that is why I posted in the trash talk forum hahaha

I did however use the power of google to determine that there are lots of people with the same idea and crazier comments (even petitions out there with over 300 signatures to get them fired -maybe theres a reason Harry Neale moved)

and fly -I agree that is quite bad broadcasting there but maybe you are a tad biased? (couldnt resist)

Not likely. I don't really have a favourite team. More just a fan of the game. I live in Saskatchewan, so I watch everybody with no real alliance to any team.
Go to Top of Page

Guest9648
( )

Posted - 11/12/2007 :  12:20:30  Reply with Quote
Harry Neale and Bob Cole are a classic combo. You can't put down the 2 guys who have been a huge voice in hockey for years and years. Sure, they're getting old, but they are still wise and have known the game much longer than any of us on here.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4271
( )

Posted - 11/12/2007 :  12:58:39  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest0213

Your argument is about a season late, Harry Neale left for Buffalo this year.

Perhaps you didn't watch the game last Saturday where Cole and Neale were calling the game.......
Go to Top of Page

fly4apuckguy
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
834 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2007 :  16:18:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I think Harry just left the covergae of the regional games on Leafs TV. He's still with HNIC.
Go to Top of Page

Kyrens gpa
Top Prospect

14 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2007 :  16:29:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by Guest9648

Harry Neale and Bob Cole are a classic combo. You can't put down the 2 guys who have been a huge voice in hockey for years and years. Sure, they're getting old, but they are still wise and have known the game much longer than any of us on here.
[quote]
When I think of classic, I think of Foster or Danny or Gordie or Wayne I wish Cole and Neale would fade into the sunset and then maybe you could say they were classic but for the last 5 years they have just been plain OLD and TIRED and if they were wise they would have recognized this fact long ago......................Nice guys tho I am just tired of them........
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2007 :  18:34:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I'm back after being rudely labled unpatriotic last week, a little hurt, but I'll live...
I think it's sad to have seen Bob and Harry slowly, yet surely crumble due to the effects of father time...In their prime, there was no better combo. If I'm not mistaken, this is bob's last year, and Harry is only on occasionally...Thank god..This should have been done years ago...You know,leave on a high(er) note...Tell the producers of the Simpsons to follow suit well you're at it!

Sugar Ray over Hasek any day!

Edited by - I HATE CROSBY on 11/14/2007 18:34:52
Go to Top of Page

Leafs Rock Planet
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2007 :  18:50:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its Saturday night. The Toronto Maple Leafs are playing against the Montreal Canadians. You go to turn on your T.V to HNIC. The game is about to start. You are just waiting for the voices of Bob Cole and Harry Neale to fill your room with hockey play by play.

I just couldnt imagine it any other way.
Go to Top of Page

fly4apuckguy
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
834 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2007 :  19:49:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Leafs Rock Planet

Its Saturday night. The Toronto Maple Leafs are playing against the Montreal Canadians. You go to turn on your T.V to HNIC. The game is about to start. You are just waiting for the voices of Bob Cole and Harry Neale to fill your room with hockey play by play.

I just couldnt imagine it any other way.

Danny Galivan and d*** Irvin?

Or maybe I'm showing my age....
Go to Top of Page

Guest4912
( )

Posted - 11/15/2007 :  08:10:16  Reply with Quote
american commentators are aboslutely terrible for the most part. often when the other team scores the announcer sounds sad angry or deppresed and says "Scores" as quick as possible to get it over with. then the analyist comes on in the replay and talks about how lucky and fluky it was and how it shouldnt count or something. it is extremly disgusting.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page