Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trash Talk
 OK CBC, it's time for a trip to the 21st century Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2007 :  17:22:50  Show Profile
Well, I know this week is a week for rememberence, but after watching coaches corner, I think it's time that CBC revamped its format...
Why does everybody (minus Jim Hughson) have to be over 100 to work on HNIC. I'm sick of Don Cherry talking about fallen soldiers and whatnot. I put on HNIC to watch/hear about hockey!!! At 6 O'Clock (if I care who died overseas) I can turn on the NEWS.....
The ideal Hockey-talk show is the Spin with Steve Koulias. Steve Ludzik is the new/improved Don Cherry and Koulias is a far more exciting version of Ron Maclean..I used to defend CBC to the death, but I finally realized it's just a bunch of old guys talking about either a)nothing to do with hockey, or b) boring stuff about hockey.

Sugar Ray over Hasek any day!

fly4apuckguy
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
834 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2007 :  17:40:29  Show Profile
I like the fact that Don recognizes the true heroes of this country. Maybe you could watch the news at 6:00, but do you? And if you do watch the news, do they pay tribute to fallen military guys and RCMP guys, or mention it like they talk about every other news item?

The reason Don was one of Canada's greatest Canadians isn't because of his hockey background (let's face it, it's spotty), it's because he actually cares about his fellow Canadians.

I don't think using his time to make others do the same is such a bad thing.
Go to Top of Page

Thornton.Jr.
Top Prospect

Canada
21 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2007 :  18:22:37  Show Profile
I have to agree with fly4apuckguy, Don has to pay tribute to the fallen soldiers and the veterans because if they didn't fight for us we wouldn't even be here arguing.

On rememberance day pay your tribute with a moment of silence

If you go into the shark tank you don't come out alive
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2007 :  19:08:23  Show Profile
Hey IHC...they are in the 21st century...there's a war going on, and if you ask me I think it's a great idea to honor fallen soldiers who die to protect you and your country. Veterans' Day (or, as I believe you Canucks call it, Rememberance Day) is coming up, what a better time? Yeah it's not about hockey, but the world isn't about hockey either. What's wrong with a little side trip to honor those who fight for you?

MSC
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
601 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2007 :  19:44:23  Show Profile
Did you happen to check your calender lately. This a time for exactly what Don Cherry does, rememberance. I understand he does it through out the entire 12 months of the year not just around 11 Nov. But that's what makes him a beloved Canadian. Canada has thousands of people over seas in a war right now and it should be on everyones mind, even hockey fans. Maybe you should take a few minutes and sit down with a soldier who's served over seas and have lost friends, brothers, and sisters. Or maybe you can just take a walk down to the corner of main and hastings and do what vancouver people do best.

Moderator Edit- Be angry, but keep the curse words and personal shots out of it.

Edited by - Beans15 on 11/11/2007 07:43:36
Go to Top of Page

Greg Smith
Rookie

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2007 :  07:49:19  Show Profile
Wow IHC, you've got a really sharp tongue from what I've seen of you. All of your posts are all about hated somebody or how bad somebody is. Maybe it's time you thought before you talked.

What's wrong with honouring our veterans? like Mik said, the world isn't all about hockey.

After playing in the NHL, it's hard to watch hockey games.

Edited by - Greg Smith on 11/11/2007 07:50:49
Go to Top of Page

Leafs Rock Planet
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2007 :  08:01:11  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by I HATE CROSBY

Well, I know this week is a week for rememberence, but after watching coaches corner, I think it's time that CBC revamped its format...
Why does everybody (minus Jim Hughson) have to be over 100 to work on HNIC. I'm sick of Don Cherry talking about fallen soldiers and whatnot. I put on HNIC to watch/hear about hockey!!! At 6 O'Clock (if I care who died overseas) I can turn on the NEWS.....
The ideal Hockey-talk show is the Spin with Steve Koulias. Steve Ludzik is the new/improved Don Cherry and Koulias is a far more exciting version of Ron Maclean..I used to defend CBC to the death, but I finally realized it's just a bunch of old guys talking about either a)nothing to do with hockey, or b) boring stuff about hockey.

Come on IHC, lighten up and have some respect. Its excellent that Don Cherry talks about and advertizes this as a day to remember. How can you not care who dies fighting for other peoples lives. Come on just have a little bit of respect.
Go to Top of Page

leafsfan_101
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1530 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2007 :  08:18:29  Show Profile
How can you not care about soldiers overseas who dies for your fat a** so that you can live in a peaceful country. You seriously need to get your head on straight because you have no respect for the country or people in general.

I'm sorry if this is a personal attack on a member but this blaten disrespect of a nation is so rude and idiotic that I have to sound off here. IHC, maybe you should listen to Cherry a bit more. He has more respect and hockey knowledge in his finger then you could ever get in your lifetime.

Edited by - leafsfan_101 on 11/11/2007 12:13:22
Go to Top of Page

fly4apuckguy
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
834 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2007 :  09:40:02  Show Profile
Guys, remember, this is his MO. Say something "controversial" and then sit back and wait.

IHC is an attention seeker who gets a little power from watching others go off on his comments. This is simple psychology 101. Dude was probably left in his crib too much. Needs a hug or something.

Volunteers?

Edited by - fly4apuckguy on 11/11/2007 09:40:33
Go to Top of Page

I HATE CROSBY
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
538 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2007 :  12:09:18  Show Profile
Oh for christ's sake, way to misinterpret what I said...HE DOES IT ALL THE f***ING TIME.....Ya Mik, I'm well aware there's more to life than hockey...But when I want to experience that, I don't turn my tv on to a hockey channel....Anyhow, f*** you guys and your retarded hockey forum....I'm pretty sure I'm the only on here who realizes there's more to life than Hockey, since I'm the only one who apparently goes to resources outside of a hockey intermission to find out what's going on in the world...As for those of you who said I don't respect my country or soldiers in my country..Way to reach far too much....you guys remind me of those over-the-top americans who try and sell bulls*** like "you're not american if you don't support us in Iraq" or whatnot.......anyhow, screw you guys and your backwards conservative thoughts...I guess I sometimes forget that the only civil part of canada is the lower mainland/victoria in BC, and the rest of you out there in sticksville are about as redneck as they come.

Edited by - I HATE CROSBY on 11/11/2007 12:49:48
Go to Top of Page

PuckNuts
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2414 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2007 :  13:21:41  Show Profile
Figure skating was on last night, you could have watched that instead...

I don't necessarily agree with everything I say.
- - Marshall McLuhan

Go to Top of Page

fly4apuckguy
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
834 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2007 :  13:24:28  Show Profile
quote:

Oh for christ's sake, way to misinterpret what I said...HE DOES IT ALL THE f***ING TIME.....Ya Mik, I'm well aware there's more to life than hockey...But when I want to experience that, I don't turn my tv on to a hockey channel....Anyhow, f*** you guys and your retarded hockey forum....I'm pretty sure I'm the only on here who realizes there's more to life than Hockey, since I'm the only one who apparently goes to resources outside of a hockey intermission to find out what's going on in the world...As for those of you who said I don't respect my country or soldiers in my country..Way to reach far too much....you guys remind me of those over-the-top americans who try and sell bulls*** like "you're not american if you don't support us in Iraq" or whatnot.......anyhow, screw you guys and your backwards conservative thoughts...I guess I sometimes forget that the only civil part of canada is the lower mainland/victoria in BC, and the rest of you out there in sticksville are about as redneck as they come.

Well, golly, Uncle Elmer. We gots a real honest to goodness smackdown there, didn't we? Oh well, back out to the barn. Bessie needs milkin'.

++++

IHC, all joking aside, when it seems like all of us "rednecks from sticksville" are against you because of the words you speak or write, isn't it just slightly possible that it's not the "rest of us" who have the issues, bro?

Maybe, just maybe, it's because you come off as a really angry person, full of hate and ready to criticize everything and everyone, and not in not just a joking manner, but in a vile one. Most people (not just backwoods rednecks like us) find that uncool. It doesn't matter where you live, man.

Think about it.

Go to Top of Page

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2338 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2007 :  13:29:36  Show Profile
Hey gang. Settle down a little! After all today is about peace. While I don't agree with it, IHC's comment about Cherry and our vets was only one piece of the original post. There is a lot more to talk about...

I would agee that the Spin is an EXCELLENT hockey program. I'm not sure I'd agree that Ludzik is very good but I think Koulias is the best thing to hit this sport in the broadcasting arena since a young Ron McLean 25 odd years ago.
Go to Top of Page

Mikhailova
PickupHockey All-Star

USA
2918 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2007 :  13:50:52  Show Profile
quote:

you guys remind me of those over-the-top americans who try and sell bulls*** like "you're not american if you don't support us in Iraq" or whatnot.......anyhow, screw you guys and your backwards conservative thoughts

OK IHC you crossed the line there. One, from actually LIVING in America I've never heard an ad on TV/radio or something saying you're un-American if you're not for the war, and two, check out this video before you go making comments like that: http://conservablogs.com/dpgi/?p=203

But since this is a hockey forum, I will refrain from going on a political rant....

quote:

I'm pretty sure I'm the only on here who realizes there's more to life than Hockey, since I'm the only one who apparently goes to resources outside of a hockey intermission to find out what's going on in the world

You would be wrong there too.

Sorry this was kinda off topic, but speaking as the only one who lives 60 miles away from the site of a terrorist attack (Arlington, VA--Pentagon), this is a sour issue with me.

Edited by - Mikhailova on 11/11/2007 13:57:36
Go to Top of Page

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2338 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2007 :  14:01:22  Show Profile
THIS TOPIC IS GOING ABSOLUTELY NOWHERE POSITIVE, SO IT IS NOW LOCKED.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page