Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Canucks on a tear Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pucker
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
398 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2006 :  09:30:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
With 6 wins in their last 7, the Canucks have really turned it up. Alex Auld has played really well and although he may not be who they want to ride in the playoffs, he is doing a good job for now. I still beleive they will make a few deals before the trade deadline including one for a goalie. They are also in desparate need of another defenseman as with Jovo out they are relying on Nolan Baumgartner, Kevin Bieksa and Steve McCarthy as regulars.

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2006 :  10:42:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alex Auld has played really well and although he may not be who they want to ride in the playoffs, he is doing a good job for now.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you kidding me? Have you ever seen a goalie get a "Goalie participation beyond Center" penalty??? I haven't seen it called in the 30 years I've been watching hockey! And he is at least 50% responsible for the drought they suffered through until recently. I've said it all year....he'll be a decent back-up goalie in a couple years. Then a couple years after that he might be a first stringer. Right now he is being thrown to the wolves and his confidence is being stripped from him one game at a time. Rip the cord Vancouver...pick up a goalie NOW!

Morrisson / Auld / Kessler for Theodore / Ribeiro = Hello Stanley

...or a fire sale for Luongo.

Otherwise the Flames will toast them heading into the stretch.
Go to Top of Page

NuckH8R
Top Prospect

USA
62 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2006 :  09:26:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Canucks are totally overrated. I bet they would love to get their hands on either Fernandez or Roloson but unfortunatley they are not for sale. Remeber what happened in the playoffs a few years ago when my Wild knocked them out. Sure play Alex Auld in the playoffs and we will see how long they last. Ha Ha.
Go to Top of Page

nazzy_19
Top Prospect

Canada
57 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2006 :  11:13:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
that's ok, it really is... just let me know when the wild get a division championship banner. maybe if we're still talking in the year 2070 it'll happen, but i highly doubt before that.

notice how you only talk smack when you're winning, and only against teams that are struggling at that. beating the leafs is hardly something to brag about, i'm sorry.

honestly, i think you and i should start our own thread where we can just bash each other's teams back and forth. i think it'd be fun... tell ya what, i'll even let you get the first shot.
Go to Top of Page

dallasj
Top Prospect

Canada
29 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2006 :  13:43:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
More typical Canucks fan talk. Win a few, start planning the parade route. A week or two from now if they lose a few, the whole team will be on the chopping block. I don't know if their any other fans out their who have so little patience and are ready to jump off a bridge at a single loss.
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2006 :  19:11:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dallasj nailed it right on the head.
Go to Top of Page

Ryan Harper
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
322 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2006 :  09:04:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree that if the Canucks lose a few the entire city will be calling for Crawford to be fired, Bertuzzi traded, and Naslund stripped of the "C". People are passionate about their team here and I don't know for sure, but I would imagine that fans in other Canadian cities have similar knee jerk reactions. It is a bit ridiculous but people love their Canucks. I guess 35 years without a cup will do that to you.

On a side note - let's give Alex Auld some credit. He is doing a great job as a number one goaltender.
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2006 :  11:54:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Easy there Harper. Auld is doing "ok" at best, but ok isn't going to bring them a cup.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page