Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Berard - The First Cheater! Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

blade
Rookie

Canada
199 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2006 :  20:20:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bryan Berard of the Columbus Blue Jakets has tested positive for a banned subtance on the IOC list. Apparently Nandrolone, an anabolic steroid was found in his system. He was invited to the US Olympic camp so he was eligible for testing. Because it wasn't an NHL test however it doesn't affect his NHL career, but he can kiss the Olympics goodbye as well as any international play for 2 years.

1 down and a couple hundred to go Mr. Pound.

pucker
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
398 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2006 :  09:07:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At least he was a man and admitted making a mistake. Not like the embarrasing congressional hearings in MLB. I think he knows he was in the wrong, and hockey fans can forgive him for that.

When does the NHL drug testing start?
Go to Top of Page

Ripley
PickupHockey Pro

USA
365 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2006 :  11:52:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yah, I like the fact that he admitted it and said sorry. I can respect that. I guess he was tested 2 more times since the incident and tested negative. Live and learn.

I think the NHL testing began a week or two ago. Can anyone confirm?
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2006 :  18:04:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
According to an article I read on this site, the Candian Press says the NHL and NHL Players' Association began its official testing last Sunday and initial results are expected next week.
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2006 :  18:53:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Who cares about Bryan Berard? He won't make any international team in the next 2 years anyways. He basically got off with nothing but a bad name, and a grin on d*** Pound's face.
Go to Top of Page

Ryan Harper
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
322 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2006 :  09:08:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Out of all the players that were on the long lists to play for their respective country, Berard is the only one that has tested positive. Not bad considering d*** Pound's accusations. I agree, who cares about Berard. He is getting too much slack because of his eye.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page