Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey Pools & Fantasy Hockey
 Alfredsson+Gonchar for Zetterberg+Ribero Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Guest8334
( )

Posted - 12/15/2007 :  19:26:25  Reply with Quote
H2H Yahoo 10 Team League (G, A, +/-, PIM, SOG)

Hi, I am currently in 1st place in my league, and was thinking about this trade.

My Zetterberg+Ribeiro (who I just picked up as a FA)

For

Alfredsson+Gonchar

This would give me the highest scoring D in the league (Lidstrom, Zubov, Whitney, Vishnovsky). I'm deep at center with Vinny, Stastny, and Kopitar. My other LW's are Frolov, Stillman, and Rolston.

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2007 :  13:00:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gonchar and Alfredsson are not better. What are you talking about??

Look at this in the way that Zetterberg and Alfredsson have very similar numbers in all areas. Separated by 4 goals(Zetterberg), 2 assists(Alfredsson), same +/-, Alfredsson is better in PIM and Zetterberg has outshot Alfie by 56 shots.

Ultimately, you can not lose with either of those guys. Neither are showing signed of weakening and both play on great lines. Either or, does not matter much.

So this comes down to Ribeiro vs. Gonchar. First of all, in my pool experience, forwards are always more productive comparted to defensemen.

The are both pretty close in points, but Ribeiro is trending better. Also, Gonchar is historically a (-) player. Ribeiro appears to be a bit more consistant in that area. Dallas is playing very well, and are not nearly as streaky as Pitt has been this year. Ribeiro has the edge in PIM as well.

I would not pick up Gonchar.

Wayne or Bobby?? How about both!!!
Go to Top of Page

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2338 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2007 :  16:26:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alex

Easily Gonchar and Alfredsson are better

Alex, if you're going to make multiple posts immediately after you just finished posting, you might try just editing your previous post. This way users don't have to scroll too far through a whole bunch of one line posts. Don't read this wrong, your comments are very valuable. I'm merely suggesting that you group them in one rather than having 2,3,4 or 5 posts in a row. Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Antroman
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
537 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2007 :  18:06:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Be careful of Alfredsson because he has been moved off the Spezza Heatley line. They weren't getting much production from their other lines during the losing streak and wanted more balanced scoring. Everytime they do this Alfie's points suffer a little as per lately. He still grabs points but no where near the number he gets with the other two. I know because I have had him on my pool team the last six years.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page