Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trades and Rumors
 Ray Emery & The Sens... or not. Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

irvine
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1315 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2007 :  19:22:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
With all of the recent controversy surrounding the goaltending in Ottawa, Gerber playing very well at this moment, Emery playing very well for Gerber last season.
Do you feel/think that Emery will in fact, be traded by the deadline?

As of late, Emery has been showing up late for practice. He has used the excuse he was sick, but it has happened twice in one week and, he was also ejected from team practice for breaking his goalstick in anger/frustration.

I am a fan of Emery, but this seems a bit childish. I understand in some sense, going from #2 to #1 back to #2 is never a good thing. But to just start missing practice, or being an ass at a team practice is never good for the team.

So with Emery's antics, and it seems he wants a move, along with having Gerber, Do you believe it is time for Emery to move on? And if so, where do you believe he will go?

The only thing I feel may be a mistake is, Emery has been more consistent (pre-surgery,) than Gerber has been threw his career.

(I am aware there was another Emery post, in this section. But it was over a month ago, and I believe this post is slightly different. As he is not "on" the block that we know of, but I am speculating he will be.)

Summed up: Will Emery be traded for his antics and the fact the sens have a number 1 in Gerber -- if so, where?

Irvine

Antroman
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
537 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2007 :  21:24:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Irvine, I would definitely like to see Emery traded somewhere and fast. I have him on my pool team and he has absolutely killed me this year. Even if he was traded to a poor team like LA at least he might get some starts. Heck, I'd take a start a week over what he is doing now which is mostly sitting on the pine.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6739
( )

Posted - 12/28/2007 :  21:55:12  Reply with Quote
pittsburgh should trade for him

Go to Top of Page

pensfan17
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
330 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2007 :  21:55:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
that was me
Go to Top of Page

irvine
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1315 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2007 :  22:17:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Antroman

Hey Irvine, I would definitely like to see Emery traded somewhere and fast. I have him on my pool team and he has absolutely killed me this year. Even if he was traded to a poor team like LA at least he might get some starts. Heck, I'd take a start a week over what he is doing now which is mostly sitting on the pine.

I had a feeling something would happen with Emery this year, in fact, we discussed it at our hockey pool this year. And surprisingly enough, no one took Emery or Gerber in my pool for this reason of, who would play the most games. (would it be split?) I took Backstrom and Miller as goaltenders. :)

OH, i lied in the above. I just double checked and apparently someone had a heads up. lol. Someone took Gerber, but not Emery. Seems to be paying off.
Irvine

Edited by - irvine on 12/28/2007 22:19:40
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2007 :  00:03:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by irvine

quote:
Originally posted by Antroman

I had a feeling something would happen with Emery this year, in fact, we discussed it at our hockey pool this year. And surprisingly enough, no one took Emery or Gerber in my pool for this reason of, who would play the most games. (would it be split?) I took Backstrom and Miller as goaltenders. :)

OH, i lied in the above. I just double checked and apparently someone had a heads up. lol. Someone took Gerber, but not Emery. Seems to be paying off.
Irvine

it wouldn't be smart to get rid of emery 1 they just gave him his contract two gerbs cannot be trusted,,, three the guy was a huge part of a great playoff run last year show some respect..... if he is not showing up to practice its time for someone to sit him down and reassure of his place with the team,,, all too often when a player is not performing the automatic is bench them or get rid of them.... sometimes showing some cofidence in a player will get em back on track.....(i hope carbo is reading this) plus look at gerbs career the only 2 good seasons he has ever had we on the first place teams in the league.... if the team struggles he does,,,, a good goalie carries your team gerbs gets carried by teams!

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2007 :  03:40:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Emery needs to get sat down and assured of his spot?? He needs to be either put on waivers and hopefully sent to the farm or suspended by the team. His actions are selfish, childish, and do not show anyone on that team or any other team that he is playing for anything but himself. Gerber's played well. Very well for the team. 2nd in the league in wins and 6th in save percentage. Why would you punish him by playing a selfish headcase??

And Emery's importance to last year's playoff run was about as important as the stick boy. That team was playing so well defensively, it didn't matter who was in net. You comment on Gerber getting carried by the team should also translate to Emery.

In the end, Emery is only hurting himself. If he wants more playing time, he needs to work for it. What he has done is made it so his own team is getting sick of his crap and no other GM wants a goalie like that on their bench.

Stupid move by Emery all around.

Wayne or Bobby?? How about both!!!
Go to Top of Page

Guest9046
( )

Posted - 12/29/2007 :  03:57:52  Reply with Quote
Emery should be traded to Columbia for a box of cigars. Sens get sweet cigars and Sugar Ray can do all the blow his heart desires. Its really win win.
Go to Top of Page

PuckNuts
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2414 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2007 :  07:23:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have never been a big Emery fan.

Many goalies come into this league, play well for a short period of time, them slip into mediocrity. He may be the next one.

Is it possible his fit in practice, and him being late at the next practice, is really the reason he was sent home, and not that he was not feeling well.

The team tried to cover for him saying he was ill, but do you really think other teams are going to look at him for a trade with that type of attitude???

Of coarse you know that this means war!
- - Bugs Bunny

http://www.maldesigns.ca/top50since1967.htm

Go to Top of Page

Antroman
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
537 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2007 :  10:11:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Irvine, Our pool is a little different in that we can protect players from year to year and after the season Emery had last year I had to protect him because he would have been taken off me in the first round. Hindsight is the best sight of course and I wished I would have let him go knowing what has happened this season. Goalies are a very hot commodity in our pool and the best of them are always protected. The only way to get a top notcher is to trade for them or draft a good one in our rookie draft. Either way it is tough.
Go to Top of Page

Guest9168
( )

Posted - 12/29/2007 :  12:24:07  Reply with Quote
another overpayed bum,,thinks hes 50 cent but hes only woth that much lmao
Go to Top of Page

Guest4625
( )

Posted - 12/29/2007 :  13:23:55  Reply with Quote
Emery is a big cry baby, and to be honest he was never really that great. He thinks that we was an all star and reasponsible for the team's great season last year but in reality he is a sub par goalie in the NHL. I think he is for getting that he has some of the best skaters in the NHL in front of him making his life easy.

He has no class and is totally self absorbed. If he was smart, he would act professionally. He is only devaluing him self on the makret by acting like a little girl who did get what she wanted because she sucks. No team wants this kind of player on their team. He should look into the NBA maybe for a bench warming position, at least they are used to having babies around.
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2008 :  01:07:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

Emery needs to get sat down and assured of his spot?? He needs to be either put on waivers and hopefully sent to the farm or suspended by the team. His actions are selfish, childish, and do not show anyone on that team or any other team that he is playing for anything but himself. Gerber's played well. Very well for the team. 2nd in the league in wins and 6th in save percentage. Why would you punish him by playing a selfish headcase??

And Emery's importance to last year's playoff run was about as important as the stick boy. That team was playing so well defensively, it didn't matter who was in net. You comment on Gerber getting carried by the team should also translate to Emery.

In the end, Emery is only hurting himself. If he wants more playing time, he needs to work for it. What he has done is made it so his own team is getting sick of his crap and no other GM wants a goalie like that on their bench.

Stupid move by Emery all around.

Wayne or Bobby?? How about both!!!

im not saying hes not being an idiot i'm just saying they need him and incorrect he played an extremly important role in the playoffs and remember how terribl;y ottowa began last season emery got them back on track i am by no means defending his utterly stupid actions but i'll say it again put your trust in gerb and YOU WILL BE LET DOWN,,,, they need emery or someone of his caliber.....to say he is sub par is ridiculous hes played what 2 starting seasons in the league and been among the league leaders both times atitude is his problem but its his only problem,, like i said this is where a coach has to coach and get emery back on track,,,

Pasty
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page