Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trades and Rumors
 Possible Trade? (Not Real Rumor) Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ottawa Oilers
Rookie

150 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2007 :  16:30:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was thinking about how Garon has taken over the #1 spot in Edmonton (IMO), there really isn't a use for Roloson. And the Oilers aren't really heading towards a play-off spot (I know 5 pts out of one not much) I think the Oilers should Trade away Roloson for some prospects and/or draft picks, I know the price isn't high for Roloson but the Oilers could get something off him and bring in a young goalie in the system to get him some experience. You may say who would be interested in a 38 yr old goalie is off his game? What about Tampa? They need some experience in net, also Roloson is clutch in the play-offs and a team like Tampa needs goaltending to make it far in the play-offs. Im not sure what Edmonton would get back from Tampa, but this isn't a rumor I am just throwing it out there.

Edited by - willus3 on 12/17/2007 16:30:09

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2007 :  16:35:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll just throw this out there.

$3.5 million this year
$3.0 million next year.

That's what Roloson is going to get paid. That makes him less attractive in a trade as team are more than likely looking to unload salaries, not add them.

The only way that Roloson get traded is if a team making a run had their #1 go down somewhere within 3 weeks of the trade deadline. Even then, it's still a maybe.

As an Oiler fan, I would love to get something for Roloson, but the chances are slim.

Wayne or Bobby?? How about both!!!
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2007 :  17:36:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

I'll just throw this out there.

$3.5 million this year
$3.0 million next year.

That's what Roloson is going to get paid. That makes him less attractive in a trade as team are more than likely looking to unload salaries, not add them.

The only way that Roloson get traded is if a team making a run had their #1 go down somewhere within 3 weeks of the trade deadline. Even then, it's still a maybe.

As an Oiler fan, I would love to get something for Roloson, but the chances are slim.

Beans as an oiler fan how do you feel about Garon?? i dont get to see him play much i really like him when he was here in mtl i thought if theo hadn;t been in his way he could have been a very solid goalie,,,

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2007 :  18:50:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Garon has been solid. His positioning is good and I think he moves post to post as good as any goalie in the league. He is also very flexible and has shown a solid glove. He's also a right handed catching goalie, which there are few of in the league.

And Garon could start today. Rollie could back him up fine. If not, the Oilers have 2 goalies in the farm that are both potential starters.

Go to Top of Page

Ottawa Oilers
Rookie

150 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2007 :  19:43:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is Jeff Doruin-Deslaruiers and Devan Dubnyk, I would say are the 2 standouts but there also Bryan Pitton, Glenn Fisher and Bjorn Bjurling.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2007 :  20:08:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The two goalies are Deslaruiers and Dubnyk. Both are solid back ups today and could be starters in the future.

And trade Roli is going to be a hard thing to do. Playing poorly and a fairly high salary?? He's 16th in regards to goalies salaries and he is far from playing anywhere near the 16th best goalie in the league.

Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2007 :  15:58:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Last nights game was a perfect example of why Garon can and should be the #1 today. The Oilers defense is offensively focused and also young. They one have 2 real shutdown stay at home kind of defensemen on the squad, being Staios and Greene. And Greene is injured. Garon, last night, made at least 6 game saving stops. Roloson has not had that magic since the playoff run.

If the Oilers could get someone to take Roli, I think it would be stupid not to send him on his way.

Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2007 :  17:00:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One more thing about Garon, he is sick in the shoot out. He's allowed one goal on 17 shots and has not lost a shoot out he's played this year. He has also not let in a shoot out goal on the road. The Oilers can personally than him for 8 points they have this year.

Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2007 :  17:02:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How on God's green earth can you tell if Garon can or can not lead a play off run?? He's played exactly 11 minutes of play off hockey in his career. Just because he hasn't lead a play off run doesn't mean he can't. Think of Cam Ward. If you asked any hockey guy before the Carolina Cup run, everyone would have said Gerber is the guy. What happened?? He plays great and wins the Conn Smythe.

You, or anyone else,has no idea if Garon could lead a playoff run because he had never had the chance.

Go to Top of Page

PuckNuts
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2414 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2007 :  17:08:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I guess Ken Dryden could not lead a playoff team either...He never played a playoff game, then went on to win the Cup...

I don't necessarily agree with everything I say.
- - Marshall McLuhan

Go to Top of Page

Ottawa Oilers
Rookie

150 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2007 :  15:16:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Also Pisani could maybe be traded at the deadline as a"rental" player to a contending team, again for draft picks and/or prospects. Some teams may be interested after his amazing performance in the 06 Playoffs when he got 18 points (14-4).
Go to Top of Page

Ottawa Oilers
Rookie

150 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2007 :  15:27:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Straight Outta' Little Italy. My dad met his mom once and I got an autograph. But why I said "rental" is so that he knows he's going to a contending team so he has a chance of winning a cup then sign back with us, so as I look at it it is a win-win situation. Now this all depends on when his contract expires (anyone know?) so if it doesn't expire this season we should keep him.

P.S Anyone know where you can find players contracts?
Go to Top of Page

Leafs Rock Planet
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2007 :  15:34:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ottawa Oilers

P.S Anyone know where you can find players contracts?

This site should help you with what you are looking for.
Go to Top of Page

Ottawa Oilers
Rookie

150 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2007 :  15:36:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This site as in PickupHockey.com? Where do I find it?
Go to Top of Page

leafsfan_101
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1530 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2007 :  15:40:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think he meant this site...http://www.nhlnumbers.com/
Go to Top of Page

Ottawa Oilers
Rookie

150 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2007 :  15:41:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Ottawa Oilers
Rookie

150 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2007 :  15:43:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So the Pisani trade wouldn't really work out as we have him locked up 'til '10-'11. Unless they wanna actually trade him away.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2007 :  12:49:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You wouldn't trade Pisani?? Why not?? The guy has never has 40 points in a season, he's 31 years old and he's an average 2 way player filled with a team with good and great 2 way players. (Honestly, who wouldn't want Horcoff on their team right now). He's 29th for right winger's salary and he's not worth that.

Edmonton boy or not, if you could trade Pisani for a decent offensive player, I would send him packing as fast as I could.

Go to Top of Page

pensfan17
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
330 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2007 :  18:33:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What would edmonton get for pisani, not too much i bet
Go to Top of Page

Leafs Rock Planet
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2007 :  18:50:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ottawa Oilers

This site as in PickupHockey.com? Where do I find it?

Sorry I thought I posted the link but it turns out i didnt. But, yes the site that LF101 refered to is the one i was suggesting.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6626
( )

Posted - 12/16/2007 :  18:57:08  Reply with Quote
What the Oilers really need is a player who can actually score goals on a regular basis because that is what they are lacking
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2007 :  19:33:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

How on God's green earth can you tell if Garon can or can not lead a play off run?? He's played exactly 11 minutes of play off hockey in his career. Just because he hasn't lead a play off run doesn't mean he can't. Think of Cam Ward. If you asked any hockey guy before the Carolina Cup run, everyone would have said Gerber is the guy. What happened?? He plays great and wins the Conn Smythe.

You, or anyone else,has no idea if Garon could lead a playoff run because he had never had the chance.

the other thing about garon is he isn;t some young rook playing well ,, this is how most goalies get starting jobs they bounce around a while till they're 26 till 29 and then they mature into solid starting goalies ,, we tend to forget most goalies dont bloom untill late 20's because of excptions like cam ward carey price and fleury,,,even though he has limited playoff expirence he still is a mature very athletic 29 year old goalie about to hit his prime,,, i always liked garon and was pissed when they traded him for huet (now huet is my fav goalie) but garon is solid always has been look at his stats hes just been waiting for his shot at the big time and now hes earned it!

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

Ottawa Oilers
Rookie

150 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2007 :  15:29:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Edmonton Oilers players were picked in the 11th, 15th, 17th and 18th round in my pools (6 people in my pool).
Go to Top of Page

karacter
Top Prospect

20 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2007 :  11:24:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
edmonton is just flat out dumb...they signed penner to a ridiculous offer sheet cuz he had one good year causing them to give up a first rounder which they could use to possibly umm...REBUILD????. They see now that he was aproduct of playing with getzlaf and perry, and on a power play w/ progner, neidermeyer, selanne, and getzlaf. Anyone could have scored playing with those 4 on the power play.

Another example of the fact that you can't say someone can't lead a run before they have been there is Giguere in 2003 where he won the conn smythe before the calder if im not mistaken...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page