Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Toronto
 Should the Leafs put Justin Pogge in? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

leafsfan_101
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1530 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2008 :  09:14:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Leafs have called Pogge up to be the backup for Raycroft tonight against the Sharks. I think that if the Leafs play Pogge tonight it will be the biggest mistake they could make.

Putting Pogge in net tonight could have catastrophic repruccusions with his morale. Why play your future netminder when your team is horrible. Pogge is playing fantastically well in the AHL and putting him in net now will be one of the biggest skrew ups the Leafs brass could think up. What do you think?

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2008 :  09:54:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Eventually you have to put the kid in. Winning or losing. Realistically, if the team is winning, why would they put a rookie goalie in??

If I recall corrently, many goalies get their start when their team is playing poorly. If that goalie plays well, it might jump start their team and keep the goalie around.

And finally, there have been hundreds of goalies who have played great in the AHL and don't crap in the NHL. The only way to know if the kid can be a pro is to put him in the game.

Wayne or Bobby?? How about both!!!
Go to Top of Page

LeafsFanForLife
Top Prospect

Canada
8 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2008 :  20:57:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I strongly agree.
before reading your post, i was ready to bash you for possibly suggesting the idea, but i realised what you were getting at before i did.
and yes, putting in any goalie for the leafs right now is damaging for morale.

Don't talk about hockey if you don't know hockey.
Go to Top of Page

PuckNuts
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2414 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2008 :  06:27:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He was called up to participate in the Leafs practice to give Toskala a rest so he could play in Saturdays game against San Jose...

I am sure it is not fun having only one goalie to shoot at in practice.

Unfortunately the media does not just report the news they make a lot of garbage up...too bad they did not stick to reporting, some of the Toronto papers are starting to look like the "National Enquirer"...

Of coarse you know that this means war!
- - Bugs Bunny

http://www.maldesigns.ca/top50since1967.htm

Go to Top of Page

Leafsfan_94
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1070 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2008 :  20:01:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i wished they played him all the time

>>>Go Leafs Go<<<

Wings 4 Da Cup