Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trades and Rumors
 Tomas Kaberle to be traded? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hkalirah
PickupHockey Pro

382 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2008 :  06:53:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I’m hearing that Tomas Kaberle may be headed out of T.O.

The destination is Chicago, with Cam Barker, and some other prospects or picks coming back in return.

Also, Antropov may be involved in the deal.

Go Wings Go!

Edited by - hkalirah on 01/17/2008 08:33:38

PuckNuts
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2414 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2008 :  07:03:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Where did you hear this rumour?

The media is the best at making up trades then broadcasting them on their web sites, and even talking about them on their sports broad casts.

I like to read the story, or listen to the broadcast as they never say where they get the information, so therefore they made it up...

By the way this is a bad trade for Toronto...

Of coarse you know that this means war!
- - Bugs Bunny

http://www.maldesigns.ca/top50since1967.htm

Go to Top of Page

hkalirah
PickupHockey Pro

382 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2008 :  07:16:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hear ya, I read it on hockeybuzz.com.

It would definately be a bad trade, however we don't know what the "+" is, maybe a few picks/prospects?

Go Wings Go!

Edited by - hkalirah on 01/17/2008 07:18:51
Go to Top of Page

PuckNuts
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2414 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2008 :  07:33:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My guess was that is where you heard that trade.

Eklund is 97% wrong, in other words he gets 3% right.

HockeyBuzz makes up all of these trades, if he actually had a source then he would be right 97% of the time.

They are fun to read, but they are made up, not real, and that is not to say that the Leafs are not shopping players around, but if you go to that site there will be new rumours every day...

It is not like these GM's talk in a bar, or with family, and friends about trades.

JFJ said the other day that he had talked with other NHL GM's but that was the end of the conversation. It is the media that makes up the trade rumours, based on what they think the team might do, or is what the team needs...

Of coarse you know that this means war!
- - Bugs Bunny

http://www.maldesigns.ca/top50since1967.htm

Go to Top of Page

hkalirah
PickupHockey Pro

382 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2008 :  08:03:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, but they're fun to talk about as you said, it sparks conversation which is what this forum is all about.

Go Wings Go!
Go to Top of Page

Guest4912
( )

Posted - 01/17/2008 :  08:09:14  Reply with Quote
THe rumors are fun to talk about but remember they are not true and the idiot that puts those on is only trying to get attention and ratings for his website but honestly, dont believe a word he says
Go to Top of Page

hkalirah
PickupHockey Pro

382 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2008 :  08:18:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wonder if JFJ could unload Kubina for Barker, that wouldn't be so bad, considering Barker is a free agent at the end of the year.....It would free up some cap space.

Go Wings Go!
Go to Top of Page

Antroman
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
537 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2008 :  14:44:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I certainly hope that trade rumour is not true!!! I just bought my Kaberle sweater last year after he signed a new four year deal. Antropov? My favorite player........He is worth way more than he is getting paid so trading him doesn't make any sense at all. He is only 27 and they just started to get their investment out of him. This is a scary trade proposal if I've ever heard one? This reminds me of the time Imlach came back to Toronto and axed Lanny McDonald and Daryl Sittler. Now they are talking about bringing back "Trader Cliff" Fletcher. Sounds like sleepless nights are coming back again. Sush!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

hkalirah
PickupHockey Pro

382 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2008 :  15:05:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't give up Kaberle, but I would give up Antropov. I know he's your favourite Antroman, however I'm not sure if he's as good as leafs fans make him out to be.

His career high in points is 45 points, he's never had a 20 goal season.

He started to turn things around this year, with 35 points in the first 33 games.

But over the past 13 games, he's been slumping again with only 2 points.

So which one is he? The point a game blue chipper? Or the 3rd liner playing on the 1st line? In my opinion it's the latter.

Go Wings Go!
Go to Top of Page

Antroman
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
537 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2008 :  22:31:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello hkalirah........I think you almost had it right.......Antropov maybe best suited to the second line and the second pp unit? The last slump would probably be construed as a team slump with disastrous results. His real worth to any team is his versatility to play anywhere and in any situation. Point production is only part of the game and there isn't a coach in the league who wouldn't want this guy. Granted the Leafs are not a real good team at the moment but Nick plays first string power play, first string penalty killer, and first line even strength. He is tough as nails along the wall and in the slot and is probably the most under rated player in the league. For all those reasons he is a bargain at two million a season and I doubt that he would be traded.
Go to Top of Page

vanillagorilla
Top Prospect

Canada
24 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2008 :  02:27:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
kaberle is going nowhere...he is the leafs only "defenceman"....hockeybuzz is the equivalent of national enquirer....always anonymous sources....and antropov plays "for free", which fits right into the leafs cap space problem....at a mil a year, you can hide that salary anywhere in a 50 mil cap....leafs are funny guys....tie up 20 mil on three d-men and two goalies....and throw in sundins little stipend and you have 6 guys filling up half the cap space....good one....no wonder their forwards have the talent of the players on my table hockey set....no money left to bid on any decent players....check the roster for guys who play "play for free" and the corresponding total stats.....kilger, devereaux (although a hell of a nice guy in real life)...stajan, steen, belak, tucker (who plays like he should be playing for free)...these guys are all 25-35 point guys....that kind of production mixed in with a defence corp that meets their goalie in the shower and POOF, you are good for 13th place in your conference and about 25th overall....this is not hard to figure out....any other problems anyone has??????.....he he

happy 40th anniversary leaf lemmings
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2008 :  08:31:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, for starters, it should be obvious that the rumour is false, as Kaberle would certainly command a much higher price in the market. As overvalued as many Leafs are, he is at the very least a decent powerplay qb, good defensive defenseman, and a good passer for breakout plays. He would get at least a good prospect and a current NHLer, I would think. These guys don't grow on trees.

Antroman, I know this will break your heart - but I think Antropov should be the primary piece of the puzzle we sell off. His value has never been higher (other than 13 games ago), and he hasn't gotten seriously injured yet this year. And, he's entering his prime - he would get a great return.

In my opinion, this year will be Antropov's best - before he fades into anonymity.
Go to Top of Page

Leafsfan_94
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1070 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2008 :  19:32:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i think kabby's time is almost up, i mean he can handle the puck and score at the odd time but ever since janssen clocked him he has never played this same, hes too afraid to get hit and isnt even that great defensively

>>>Go Leafs Go<<<

Wings 4 Da Cup

Edited by - Leafsfan_94 on 01/18/2008 21:07:26
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page