Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trades and Rumors
 Possible Leafs, Sabres deal? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nashvillepreds
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1053 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2008 :  14:04:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was exploring some trade options for the leafs yesterday after I heard the news about JFJ. Well Icame up with this one, what do you guys think?

To Toronto:

Drew Stafford
Michael Ryan
3rd round pick

To Buffalo

Mats Sundin

Ellis or Mason?

Go Preds Go!

PuckNuts
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2414 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2008 :  14:18:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just curious why Sundin would waive his NTC to go to another team that is not going to make the playoffs...

Of coarse you know that this means war!
- - Bugs Bunny

http://www.maldesigns.ca/top50since1967.htm

Go to Top of Page

nashvillepreds
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1053 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2008 :  14:23:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
True, very true.

I think at this point he will do whatever is best for his team. And the Sabres, with a veteran like sundin, can make the playoffs.

Ellis or Mason?

Go Preds Go!
Go to Top of Page

Guest4590
( )

Posted - 01/23/2008 :  14:28:54  Reply with Quote
I agree with pucknuts
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2008 :  14:38:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Look at the top 12 teams in the league. See them?? Now, look at the 6 or 8 that can legitimately win the Cup. Those are the teams that you might see Sundin go to. Any other trade offer is just the media talking garbage.

Wayne or Bobby?? How about both!!!
Go to Top of Page

PuckNuts
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2414 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2008 :  14:47:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just another note.

Teams in the same division rarely make trades. Since Buffalo, and Toronto are in the NorthEast division I doubt that Toronto would ever even think of making a trade with Buffalo, especially Sundin...

- - Bugs Bunny

Go to Top of Page

nashvillepreds
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1053 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2008 :  15:03:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I guess I'll just have to look into some more options, perhaps with the western conference. Overall though. is it a fair trade?

Ellis or Mason?

Go Preds Go!

Edited by - nashvillepreds on 01/23/2008 15:03:59
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2008 :  15:04:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i herd sundin gave a short list the other day of teams he would wave his ntc for,,,,,,, vancouver seemed to be at the top of that list. apparently the only thing thats keeping vancouver from saying yes is they want to keep sundin at the end of the year not rent him for the playoffs!!

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2008 :  15:13:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is complete speculation, but Forsberg was intending on playing in a tournament in Sweden next week. He said if he was feeling good, he wants to play in the NHL this year with a team that has a shot at the Cup.

Way out of Left Field. Sundin's contract is $5.5 million, but if traded at the deadline, only about $1.3 million of that will hit who's ever cap it goes to. Forsberg coming back possibly??? Both Swedish players. Naslund, Sedin, Sedin, and Ohlund all Countrymen playing in Vancouver???

I wonder if Vancouver would give up anything worth Value and if Toronto would take a player like Morrison to free up enough money to make that happen.

I think adding Sundin and a health Forsberg to Vancouver would be a huge impact.

Again, this was way out of left field and in no way have I read this or do I even think it will happen. But, it is interesting to think about.

Wayne or Bobby?? How about both!!!
Go to Top of Page

PuckNuts
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2414 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2008 :  15:21:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Pasty7

i herd sundin gave a short list the other day of teams he would wave his ntc for,,,,,,, vancouver seemed to be at the top of that list. apparently the only thing thats keeping vancouver from saying yes is they want to keep sundin at the end of the year not rent him for the playoffs!!

Pasty

Where did you hear this. In his last statement to the press he stated that the Leafs have never approached him about waiving his NTC, and he has never discussed it with them...

If anything this is made up by the media as always...

Would Toronto be interested in Morrison for Sudin knowing that he would return to Toronto next season, I would do it, but the Leafs have to realize that Morrison is a 60 point player, and if they want to build around him then they will be destined for more years out of the playoffs...

Morrison is on IR after he had wrist surgery in December, therefore his salary is not counted in the Cap. I am not sure but is he going to return this season?

- - Bugs Bunny

Edited by - PuckNuts on 01/23/2008 15:46:46
Go to Top of Page

Leafsfan_94
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1070 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2008 :  19:28:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
pucknuts is right thos 2 youngsters anrt going to gt em into the playoffs with out a experienced playoff contender liek mats either way i wudent take that trade

>>>Go Leafs Go<<<

Wings 4 Da Cup

[IMG]http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h120/shahir29/justinpoggecopy.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h120/shahir29/sundin500apwm6br2.gif[/IMG]

Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2008 :  20:38:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PuckNuts

quote:
Originally posted by Pasty7

Pasty

Where did you hear this. In his last statement to the press he stated that the Leafs have never approached him about waiving his NTC, and he has never discussed it with them...

If anything this is made up by the media as always...

Would Toronto be interested in Morrison for Sudin knowing that he would return to Toronto next season, I would do it, but the Leafs have to realize that Morrison is a 60 point player, and if they want to build around him then they will be destined for more years out of the playoffs...

Morrison is on IR after he had wrist surgery in December, therefore his salary is not counted in the Cap. I am not sure but is he going to return this season?

- - Bugs Bunny

it was between periods on rds the comentators were talkin bout it

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

Guest6650
( )

Posted - 01/24/2008 :  21:35:55  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PuckNuts

Just another note.

Teams in the same division rarely make trades. Since Buffalo, and Toronto are in the NorthEast division I doubt that Toronto would ever even think of making a trade with Buffalo, especially Sundin...

- - Bugs Bunny

A smart GM will trade with whoever will give him the best deal in my opinion...if we can make hockey pool trades with guys in the same pool then a GM had better be able to trade within his division otherwise, he is not really that good. But that is just my opinion.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page