Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Toronto
 Rutherford New Leaf's GM? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Antroman
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
537 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2008 :  09:30:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I heard Jim Rutherford, the Hurricanes current GM, on the Fan590 today and when posed the question "has anyone inquired if you would be be available for the Toronto job?"......His answer was the standard, "I have a job to do right now and that is looking after our club at this time." Next he was asked if anyone had approached the club in regards to asking for permission to open a dialog with you......his reply was "not that I am aware of". In otherwords he was very vague and never once during the interview in his tone or otherwise gave an inclination that he had no interest in the Toronto job. Things are already starting to get interesting.

Leafs Rock Planet
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2008 :  15:29:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh c`mon. This is completely DRY speculation. This is based on one interview with completely no evidence to back up this topic.

Also, every GM if asked that question will not say ``No`` directly like that but something along the lines of it for sure.
Go to Top of Page

Antroman
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
537 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2008 :  15:42:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, Rock The Planet, it is dry speculation but I threw it out there for what it is worth, no more, no less. He simply gave no indication he wasn't interested. The job available seems to be a hot button item and I posted because a few others have been topical both here and everywhere else. So c'mon right back at you, play the game and have fun with it. It is probably a forerunner of mad speculation from here through this summer when hopefully it will be resolved.
Go to Top of Page

Antroman
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
537 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2008 :  06:43:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is the last paragraph from the Hamilton Spectator sport section this morning concerning Rutherford. It seems this rumor isn't so dry afterall and has some validity and relevence to this post.

"UNLIKE ANAHEIM'S BRIAN BURKE,WHO SHOT DOWN GOSSIP LINKING HIM TO THE LEAFS WITH THICK BLUSTER, RUTHERFORD IS FAR LESS DISMISSIVE. WHILE HE CLEARLY UNDERSTANDS THAT TO ADMIT INTEREST IN ONE TEAM WHILE MANAGING ANOTHER WOULD BE FOOLHARDY, IT SEEMS HE ALSO DOESN'T WANT TO CLOSE THE DOOR. IT'S THE MOST PRESTIGIOUS FRANCHISE IN HOCKEY"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page