Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Toronto
 Antropov Suspended 3 Games Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Leafsfan_94
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1070 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2008 :  15:13:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
antropov apparently smashed his stick off the boards and its flew at the reff, now hes suspended 3 games

Good Call? i think not its those damn reffs trieng to screw the leafs again

>>>Go Leafs Go<<<

Wings 4 Da Cup

[IMG]http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h120/shahir29/sundin500apwm6br2.gif[/IMG]

Choices:

Suspended 1 games
no suspension
more than 3 games

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2008 :  15:33:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Those damn refs try to screw everyone's favorite team. I swear I see more bad calls in an Oilers game than any other game I watch!

The rules are in place to protect the refs and players. Not only did Antropov allegedly throw his stick, but he also was on film cussing out the ref.

Rules are rules, the refs do the best job they can in administering them, and all players have to live by them.

Actually, I would say this year as a whole has been some of the best reffing I have ever seen. Like the calls or dislike the calls, I feel the refs are being consistant.

And what's the big deal?? With or without Antropov the Leafs will still lose or just barely win.

Face it, they are a weaker hockey team. So is Edmonton, but I am not on here complaining and making excuses.
Go to Top of Page

Antroman
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
537 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2008 :  21:41:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Antropov deserved what he got. Unfortunately everybody seem to be putting the blame on the refs in this game. What you were witnessing was the lid blowing off the kettle. This has been building up for weeks as the Leafs have been getting the short end of the stick this whole season and that is a fact gentlemen. This Carolina game just put them over the top. I know they are not a real good team to say the least but if you had watched every game without prejudice you would understand what has been happening to them on a game to game basis. I can't recall a close game almost all season that has not been influenced by questionable calls late in the game or in overtime. I have seen our players run from behind into the boards such as the Ponikarovsky hit last week against Washington or the two hander Steen recieved over the back of the helmut etc etc, and oppossing players getting two minute penalties or no calls at all. This team is getting jobbed and I have no qualms about it. You can laugh and make light of it if you choose but I'm sorry, the bias is definitely there.
Go to Top of Page

Guest8815
( )

Posted - 02/01/2008 :  21:45:14  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beans15

Those damn refs try to screw everyone's favorite team. I swear I see more bad calls in an Oilers game than any other game I watch!

The rules are in place to protect the refs and players. Not only did Antropov allegedly throw his stick, but he also was on film cussing out the ref.

Rules are rules, the refs do the best job they can in administering them, and all players have to live by them.

Actually, I would say this year as a whole has been some of the best reffing I have ever seen. Like the calls or dislike the calls, I feel the refs are being consistant.

And what's the big deal?? With or without Antropov the Leafs will still lose or just barely win.

Face it, they are a weaker hockey team. So is Edmonton, but I am not on here complaining and making excuses.

One difference.

Edmonton - Bad team in a rebuilding process and soon will be back in the playoff hunt.

Toronto - Bad team who think they can win the cup and are making a downward spiral to the death of there team unless they start bringing in some youth instead of making stupid trades/signings that won't help them in the future nor right now.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page