Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Toronto
 Leafs Jobbed Again As Usual Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Antroman
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
537 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2008 :  21:24:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here we go again and again and again. If it is not clear to everyone after watching the Leafs get jobbed again tonight that their is a clear double standard when it comes to the Leafs then they are just simply not paying attention. This is becoming a joke and the only thing I can say is it might win us the Stamkos Cup. Bettman's storm troopers really out did themselves tonight. I have never seen Maurice in such an obvious state of agitation as he was in tonight's post game abreviated interview. What a joke. It has been going on since the very beginning of the season and it just does not seem to stop. I knew they were going to call a cheapie in OT creating a four on three and I was completely convinced when they had a chance to even it up and did not. Afterall we had to score two goals with the goalie pulled just to get the tie. There second goal was also a high stick but I guess their war room in Toronto is obviously being manned by Bettman's gestapo troopers as well. You would have to be blind not to see the blade of that stick over the top of the crossbar on that goal? It has just become bloody sick. Where is the justice? All freaking season for freak sakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Moderator Edit: Hey Antroman, good post. Carefull which forum you post in though ok. You had this in User Polls. I've moved it to the Toronto forum for you.

Edited by - willus3 on 02/01/2008 06:37:17

ERTW0T9
Top Prospect

Canada
73 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2008 :  22:01:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I really have to agree with you on this one. As a Leafs fan I try not to complain about the reffing and how the Leafs time and time again get screwed (I'm allowed one) by the questionable officiating and poor video replay calls. Tonight was absolutely horrible and I think that anyone seeing the replays shown on TV would agree. The Walker goal was a clear high stick. The puck was over the crossbar when he touched the puck. It may not have been obvious when he made contact with the puck but the replay clearly shows the puck moving in a downward direction while above the crossbar for a couple of frames. Therefore, well we all don't have to engineers to figure that one out. The Blake goal, or no goal should I say , was conclusively in the net from the zoomed angle as well. I was nearly certain that they'd call back Sundin's tying goal as well. Got lucky I guess. Hah. The penalty calls/non-calls in overtime were as if the refs owed Carolina one the whole game. Terrible officiating, even for a Leafs game.
Go to Top of Page

PuckNuts
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2414 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2008 :  09:30:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you only watch Leaf games then I guess that you would think that there is a conspiracy...

If you watch other teams play, you will see just as many goals disallowed, allowed, and bad penalties...

Next time the Leafs play you count how many times Sundin slashes a player, and never gets called. That is just one example of things that the Leafs geta away with...

Champions take chances, and pressure is a privilege.
Billy Jean King to Maria Sharapova

http://www.maldesigns.ca/top50since1967.htm

Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2008 :  11:20:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
keep in mind i am a habs fan in no way shape or form like the leafs,,, if my friends and family saw this post i could very well never walk again. I'm not going to the extent of antroman,,, i don;t think there is some clear conspircy i did see the game in question and it is not the first leafs game i see them get cheated im not just talking about goals the leafs can't catch a break anywhere with cheap hits injuring there players (antro i still dont agree bout the kostitsyn hit) but i feel the nhl is takeing no action to help this team,, not saying they're trying to hurt them because they're simply not a revenu generater this year so the nhl has balck balled them

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

Leafsfan_94
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1070 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2008 :  11:46:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i agree with antroman, like the reffs are always out to get the leafs there was a carolina goal that should not have been allowed, the leafs got a goal that didnt count, like wtf that was definetley a goal it crossed the line and the carolina player dug it out with his stick. and when brindamour scored in overtime you can see that brind'amour hooked gill which made him unable to shoot. and then antropov just got suspeneded for breaking his stick off the boards! BIG DEAL its not like he tried to hit the reff, even though after that call i would have broke it over his head!!!

anyway i hate all referees they all need glasses or someone to beat the hell out of him so he'll open his eyes and make goodcalls!!!

>>>Go Leafs Go<<<

Wings 4 Da Cup

[IMG]http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h120/shahir29/sundin500apwm6br2.gif[/IMG]

Edited by - Leafsfan_94 on 02/01/2008 11:48:14
Go to Top of Page

Alex
PickupHockey All-Star

Canada
2816 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2008 :  12:21:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes. Yes yes yes. We are all right.

In fact, the Calgary Flames are the true winners of the Stanley Cup in 2004. I mean COME ON, that was clearly an offside (I'm sure you all know what I am referring to..)

Why don't we all take the first flight to Tampa Bay together and strip them of their title. Better yet, why not denounce the refs and the league who allowed such a thing to happen!

Ya right.

So guys let me ask you, why argue over calls? Nothing is going to get changed. Nothing changed because of it, the Leafs will not make the playoffs either way.

So I say quit griping about the non-issues however biased and controversial they may be, for had any of us been referees, play for play, we would miss a lot more than these ''zebras'' do.

'Nuf said.

Habs get number 25 this year
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2008 :  12:47:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alex

Yes. Yes yes yes. We are all right.

In fact, the Calgary Flames are the true winners of the Stanley Cup in 2004. I mean COME ON, that was clearly an offside (I'm sure you all know what I am referring to..)

Why don't we all take the first flight to Tampa Bay together and strip them of their title. Better yet, why not denounce the refs and the league who allowed such a thing to happen!

Ya right.

So guys let me ask you, why argue over calls? Nothing is going to get changed. Nothing changed because of it, the Leafs will not make the playoffs either way.

So I say quit griping about the non-issues however biased and controversial they may be, for had any of us been referees, play for play, we would miss a lot more than these ''zebras'' do.

'Nuf said.

oh deffinetly right on it isn;t an issue if rules are not being enforced equally throughout the league it is not an issue when games are stolen and the same unjust events keep recuring wait i mean as long as this team isn;t a playoff contender who cares right? i mean god forbit this happend to the red wings ,,, the dallas stars the sharks but as long as its the leafs and they're not gonna make the playoffs whatever lets just keep screwing them till they all retire from hockey because they are just so demoralized they cant't take it anymore!!! you're right nothing is gonna change so why bother,,,,, you started the sarcasm so i figured i'd keep it going,,,,, so basicly word for word you said in this post "yess the problems are bias and controversal but who cares its the leafs and they suck,,,,, and besides nothngs gonna change so why try" don't tell me i twisted your words thats your exact post in one sentence,,,, right on buddy lets not talk about this so it keeps flying and teams keep getting screwed,,,, bravo

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

Alex
PickupHockey All-Star

Canada
2816 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2008 :  13:07:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK Pasty you are right

But listen

It is up to the guys up top to deal with it. These refs are the best out there. Gary Bettman has an issue, he deals with it.

We can not sit here and complain about the 'what if's'. It is really sort of pointless and just leads to a whole lot of un needed frustration in my mind.

If you guys enjoy it, have a ball boys! I'm just saying my opinion on controversial calls in general, we should leave it to the guys in charge.

Go to Top of Page

tbar
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
376 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2008 :  13:18:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok im a leafs fan but i dont think it is fair to point the finger at anybody but themselves. Good teams find a way to come over adversity and win regardless of the circumstance. Refs make mistakes so does everybody else, thats life.
Go to Top of Page

Antroman
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
537 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2008 :  21:25:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Pasty, I don't agree with myself either on the Kostitsyn play. I was just bent out of shape over it because I knew that losing McCabe was probably going to spell doom for the team and it turns out that was pretty much the case from that point on. I have seen the play several times since and realize the error of my ways but I still think Kostitsyn should of got two minutes for the grab, apart from that, my apologies. I am just going to have to rein in a bit passion wise.

Go to Top of Page

Antroman
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
537 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2008 :  22:12:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pucknuts, I watch as many games as I can regardless of who is playing. I have been in the same hockey pool since 1987. I follow the game and know what is going on for the most part. You are trying to sell me short a little bit here. I have never in all my years seen so many questionable things happen to one team, in one season, in my entire years of following hockey. I am not saying this just because I am a Leaf fan and want to stress my point. This team is plain and simply getting the short end of the hockey stick. I know they aren't that good and won't make the playoffs anyway. I firmly believe that something is a miss and it is not coincidental. I am a little tired and in need of me bed tonight so I will sum up the problem with just one word.....BETTMAN..... to be continued.
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2008 :  22:39:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Antroman

Hey Pasty, I don't agree with myself either on the Kostitsyn play. I was just bent out of shape over it because I knew that losing McCabe was probably going to spell doom for the team and it turns out that was pretty much the case from that point on. I have seen the play several times since and realize the error of my ways but I still think Kostitsyn should of got two minutes for the grab, apart from that, my apologies. I am just going to have to rein in a bit passion wise.

water under the bridge my friend ,, with all the other questionable events i can understand how frustrating watching the leafs must get....

Pasty
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page