Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trades and Rumors
 Nashvillepreds: Sundin Deals part 1 Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nashvillepreds
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1053 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2008 :  07:39:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, I've come up with some more Sundin trades, tell me what you guys think of them.

Pens
D Kris Letang
F Jeff Taffe
2nd and 4th round picks

Devils
D Andy Greene
F Grant Marshall
1st round pick

Sens
F Ilya Zubov
F Denis Hamel
F Nick Foligno

Wings
D Kyle Quincey
F Thomas Kopecky
1st and 3rd round picks

Nucks
F Ryan Shannon
F Ryan Kesler
1st and 3rd round picks

Sharks
F Steve Bernier
F Devin Setoguchi
D Patrick Traverse
2nd round pick

That's the list, please leave me so0me feedback guys.

Ellis or Mason?

Go Preds Go!

Datsyuk 1
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
333 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2008 :  08:13:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Canucks will not give up Kesler and San Jose won't give up Setoguchi either.
Go to Top of Page

tbar
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
376 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2008 :  08:19:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pits would be giving up alot but i like the trade as a Leafs fan.
Go to Top of Page

nashvillepreds
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1053 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2008 :  10:12:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tbar

Pits would be giving up alot but i like the trade as a Leafs fan.

The way I see it for pittsburgh:

They need a guy like sundin to get past the first round. If they're going to play a team like Montreal or Ottawa, who have a lot of skilled, experienced players, they need a veteran leader to guide them. This way, Crosby and Malkin don't have so much pressure on them. Letang and Taffe don't give pittsburgh enough of an intimidating pressence. It showed last year when a bunch of 20 year-olds got their butts kicked against ottawa.
Also, Sundin isn't just an experienced leader, he's also one of the best players in the NHl and he has the right mentality to play with anybody. How would a Staal Sundin Christenson line sound?

Ellis or Mason?

Go Preds Go!
Go to Top of Page

PuckNuts
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2414 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2008 :  10:47:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do not believe that Mats Sundin will waive his NTC to go to a team that will not have shot at the Cup. That leaves out Pittsburgh, and New Jersey.

I highly doubt that Sundin would waive his NTC to go to Ottawa, and Fletcher would not make a trade with a division rival, that leaves Ottawa out.

Detroit is already the best team in the league in wins, loses, goals for, and against, why would they want to make a trade deadline move when they are already the best???

Vancouver is a possibility, but I do not think that they will give up Kesler for a rental player. Shanahan, a 1st, and a 2nd rounder maybe…

San Jose is not going to give up their youth for a rental either. Traverse is 34, why would Toronto want him? If San Jose makes a run at Sundin they will offer draft choices only, why give up an active roster player for a rental…

Champions take chances, and pressure is a privilege.
Billy Jean King to Maria Sharapova

http://www.maldesigns.ca/top50since1967.htm

Go to Top of Page

nashvillepreds
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1053 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2008 :  11:02:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sundin instantly makes any team a contender. Imagine New Jersey or San Jose with Sundin. They'd be amazing. For San Jose, Sundin is exactly the player they need. How much playoff experience do their young stars have. It would definitly take a load off Thornton's shoulders especially the way Marleau has been playing this year.

Ellis or Mason?

Go Preds Go!

Edited by - nashvillepreds on 02/07/2008 11:04:41
Go to Top of Page

hkalirah
PickupHockey Pro

382 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2008 :  11:22:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think any team becomes that much better when Sundin arrives. He would look great in the Red and White Detroit Jersey. Yes they’re the best team in the league, however Anaheim just got that much better with Neidermayer and Selanne returning.

However I think there are a couple of flaws in Nash’s trade speculation. Does Toronto really need a defenceman, even if he is a young defenceman? They’ve already got Kaberle, Kubina and McCabe locked up in long term contracts. You also have Coliacovo, White, and Stralman, who are young defenceman. Add Hal Gill into the mix, and you’ve got overcrowding.

I think the Leafs will be looking for three things.

1. a young forward who is currently on a roster and locked up for a few years. E.g. Ryan Kesler
2. a good young prospect who can play in the NHL either next year or the year after.
3. a first round draft pick

Go Wings Go!
Go to Top of Page

nashvillepreds
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1053 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2008 :  11:34:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I didn't notice all the leafs defensemen. They do need at least one young D-man though. Mccabe will never be the player he was two years ago. By the time his contract expires, this new guy will be budding and ready to break into the NHL. Colaiacovo will never play more than 60 games in a season. Gill is getting old. Kaberle, Kubina, White and Stralman will supply the main defense core, but what happens if even one of them decides to leave?

Ellis or Mason?

Go Preds Go!
Go to Top of Page

Guest6916
( )

Posted - 02/07/2008 :  13:44:46  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nashvillepreds

Sundin instantly makes any team a contender...

He hasn't made the Leafs a contender????
Go to Top of Page

nashvillepreds
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1053 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2008 :  13:46:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest6916

quote:

Sundin instantly makes any team a contender...

He hasn't made the Leafs a contender????

What I meant was that he makes any playoff team a contender. Plus, just imagine if, or when he leaves the leafs, they'll be dead last in the league.

Ellis or Mason?

Go Preds Go!
Go to Top of Page

tbar
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
376 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2008 :  13:46:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I think the Leafs will be looking for three things.

1. a young forward who is currently on a roster and locked up for a few years. E.g. Ryan Kesler
2. a good young prospect who can play in the NHL either next year or the year after.
3. a first round draft pick

Go Wings Go!

This sounds about right to me.
Go to Top of Page

hkalirah
PickupHockey Pro

382 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2008 :  13:54:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I didn't notice all the leafs defensemen. They do need at least one young D-man though. Mccabe will never be the player he was two years ago. By the time his contract expires, this new guy will be budding and ready to break into the NHL. Colaiacovo will never play more than 60 games in a season. Gill is getting old. Kaberle, Kubina, White and Stralman will supply the main defense core, but what happens if even one of them decides to leave?

Ellis or Mason?

Go Preds Go!

Yes, but the problem is, McCabe still has a few years left on his contract. So what do you do with the young guy you acquire? Do you let him develop on the farm? That's not doing anyone any good. If you're going to pick up a defenceman, it's got to be someone who's not NHL ready, and won't be for atleast 3 years (unless there are serious injuries).

Go Wings Go!
Go to Top of Page

hkalirah
PickupHockey Pro

382 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2008 :  13:54:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hkalirah

quote:

Ellis or Mason?

Go Preds Go!

Yes, but the problem is, McCabe still has a few years left on his contract. So what do you do with the young guy you acquire? Do you let him develop on the farm? That's not doing anyone any good. If you're going to pick up a defenceman, it's got to be someone who's not NHL ready, and won't be for atleast 3 years (unless there are serious injuries).

Guys like Letang, and Quincy are ready for the NHL right now.

Go Wings Go!

Go Wings Go!
Go to Top of Page

nashvillepreds
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1053 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2008 :  13:55:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The leafs can put Mccabe down into the minors, where he belongs. This new D-man won't be ready for the NHl yet anyways, they can just wait until another guy decides to leave.

Ellis or Mason?

Go Preds Go!
Go to Top of Page

baimerr
Top Prospect

USA
65 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2008 :  07:54:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Yes, I've come up with some more Sundin trades, tell me what you guys think of them.

Pens
D Kris Letang
F Jeff Taffe
2nd and 4th round picks

Devils
D Andy Greene
F Grant Marshall
1st round pick

Sens
F Ilya Zubov
F Denis Hamel
F Nick Foligno

Wings
D Kyle Quincey
F Thomas Kopecky
1st and 3rd round picks

Nucks
F Ryan Shannon
F Ryan Kesler
1st and 3rd round picks

Sharks
F Steve Bernier
F Devin Setoguchi
D Patrick Traverse
2nd round pick

That's the list, please leave me so0me feedback guys.

Ellis or Mason?

Go Preds Go!

ANDY GREENE - living in my hometown city of Trenton, MI, yes that is where young andrew greene grew up and played hockey. we miss you andy, and you've made all of us proud!

(sorry this has nothing to do with the post, i just like seeing his name)

and his mom's my dental hygienist =P

Edited by - baimerr on 08/20/2008 07:54:58
Go to Top of Page

Guest8815
( )

Posted - 08/20/2008 :  15:39:52  Reply with Quote
Pens, Sens, Nucks and Sharks all are giving up way too much.
Go to Top of Page

Guest0037
( )

Posted - 12/04/2008 :  14:03:15  Reply with Quote
Nucks
F Ryan Shannon
F Ryan Kesler
1st and 3rd round picks

Sharks
F Steve Bernier
F Devin Setoguchi
D Patrick Traverse
2nd round pick

i dont think that san jose would even think of trading bernier and setoguchi no chance. especially for kesler and shannon are you out of your mind
Go to Top of Page

Guest6606
( )

Posted - 12/05/2008 :  05:00:02  Reply with Quote
uh......
Sundin's a free agent theat means u don't need to trade for him...... wow u guys are smart
Go to Top of Page

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2008 :  10:21:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
dude....this topic is almost a year old...sundin was a leaf when this was posted. I probably shouldnt even post this cause now its at the top of the active topics list.......

There is no "I" in team, but there is an "M" and an "E".
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page