Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Trades and Rumors
 Possible trade to Senators Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

fanoleaf
Rookie

143 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2008 :  19:14:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Senioritas are looking for a good goalie. They also need a captian that can right the ship. Get the Nottawa "stars" playing as a team.

Trade Daniel Alferdson and Jason Spezza to Vancover for Roberto Luongo

They end up with a great goalie and a good captain

Edited by - fanoleaf on 11/06/2008 19:16:32

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2008 :  19:21:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is this a suggestion or a rumour? I would highly doubt that the Canucks would trade the best goalie in the league for an aging Alfredsson and Spezza. While both players are amazing, it's easier to find a top notch player than a number 1 (in the league) goalie.

Not to mention the financials...the Canucks can't afford the two of them AND a number 1 goalie.

Basically your fantasy trade doesn't make sense my friend.

But welcome to the site
Go to Top of Page

fanoleaf
Rookie

143 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2008 :  19:34:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok maybe the financials don't make sense and the trade is only fantasy. The sens need leadership better than they have with the clown alfie and have always been lacking in net.

That is really the point I was making. Maybe I should have posted in a different forum.
Go to Top of Page

ThorntonisTHEMAN
PickupHockey Pro

499 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2008 :  20:14:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can understand the need for a goalie but do you really believe that Roberto Luongo is a better leader than Danny ALfredson? Now, i realize that as a Leafs fan, you hate Alfie but he works his tail off for the Sens and he is definitely the leader of that team, a lot more so then Luongo would be, i dare wager. From everything I've read, Roberto is a rather sullen mopey guy.

"I'm not dumb enough to be a goalie."
Brett Hull.
Go to Top of Page

fanoleaf
Rookie

143 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2008 :  20:19:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alfie is not able to motivate his teammates and get them to play as a team instead of as individuals.

Luongo would come over for the his expertise in net. he must have leadership qualities to garner the "C" from his teammates
Go to Top of Page

Guest6581
( )

Posted - 11/06/2008 :  21:58:54  Reply with Quote
I think we have a closet Sens fan here, why else would a supposed Laughs fan start a forum topic about a team he hates? Option 1 - no life. Option 2 - closet Sens fan. And as much as Ottawa needs a surefire #1 goalie, Alfie ain't leavin' Ottawa. He's one of a rare breed willing to take salary cuts in order to stay loyal to a team and city. The guy is more of a work horse and leader than big 13 (who realized there's no hope in Makebelieve land) so why would we trade him for a guy with a rep of being a Debbie downer in the dressing room. He probably got the C for publicity (first goalie in something like 50 years) as well as for being the franchise player to build a team around. Alfie = Senators for life. Sens = cup bound this year.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6732
( )

Posted - 11/06/2008 :  23:28:42  Reply with Quote
^^^^Agree with everything but senators being cup bound they need something extra right now before i can agree. maybe a 2nd line star scorer would be nice like milachek/clowe/palveski but i doubt sj will give any of them up and a star defence like ohlund since hes on the block but what could ottawa give up for players like that....
Go to Top of Page

Porkchop73
PickupHockey Pro

640 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2008 :  03:51:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lets face it, Ottawa does need help inbetween the pipes. Gerber has never lived up to his one great season with the Canes. Auld has proven time and time again that he is not a #1. Right now they are a one line team with shaky D. You can argue against that but the proof is when the split up Alfredsson, Spezza, Heatley, no offence. Anytime Hartsburg needs to create offence he puts them back together. They also have star player problems with attitudes around Spezza and Heatley and Alfredsson. Even though this trade is fantasy, a big trade could be very helpful to the Sens.
For the leaf fans at least they are finally addressing their problems, the same problems the Sens now have.
Go to Top of Page

Guest7139
( )

Posted - 11/07/2008 :  12:09:26  Reply with Quote
Do leaf fans watch games that don't involve the blue and white???? You guys are smoking some good stuff down in Toronto. Alfie not a leader? I know we lost in the finals to Anahiem , but when was the last time the Laughs made the finals? Don't give me the gilmour getting high sticked by Gretzky storey... Yes the Sens do need a goalie but no they don't give away 2/3 of one of the best lines in hockey to get one. The Sens have a great captain in #11 and he's here to stay. Sundin lived by the stratagy if you can't win, quit. What a great leader he was. As I remember the only thing that he's ever won was a gold medal when he played... with Alfie.
Go to Top of Page

leafsfan_101
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1530 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2008 :  13:11:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fanoleaf

Alfie is not able to motivate his teammates and get them to play as a team instead of as individuals.

Luongo would come over for the his expertise in net. he must have leadership qualities to garner the "C" from his teammates

(ADMIN EDIT - CONTENT REMOVED - PLEASE REFRAIN FROM PERSONAL ATTACKS!) Luongo got the "C" because the Canucks wanted to keep him happy so that he feels that he should still stay with them, despite the troubles he has with them. He did not get it because of his leadership qualities you moron.

Also worthy of mention, Alfredsson has always been the type of player to bring a team together and playing as a full and complete team, as shown from his ability to have his team rebound the following year after getting knocked out of the playoffs. I am nowherenear an Alfie fan, but he is definatly a better captain and leader then Luongo, and any other thought, such as fanoleaf's here, is definatly poorly thought out, juvenille and, above all, shows us that you are dumb.

Also, to you Sens fans out there (ADMIN EDIT - CONTENT REMOVED) , keep your yap shut about making the playoffs. At the rate the season is going now, you're lucky if you manage to get past my Leafs. And remmber, how many times have you beat us in a playoff series. Think about that before responding here, because I will make you look like a fool.

Bottom Line: Sens = Finished. If you want to debate about thatwith me thats fine, just know what you're getting yourself into.
Go to Top of Page

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2008 :  13:28:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alfredsson is a great player and a good leader, but I think sens fans are wearing rose coloured glasses when it comes to him. How come Ottawa with all the great teams they have had since the late '90's haven't been able to win anything? Aside from the trip to the finals (which is the only thing from keeping him out of Mats Sundin territory)
his teams have consistantly choked, year in and year out. He also embarassed himself and the franchise by making a stanley cup guarantee in 2004.
But to the point of the topic, If I was vancouver I wouldnt trade Luongo for the entire sens team.
If theres one thing I hate about the salary cap though, its how teams like ottawa who have such great stars cant augment their group with other high end talent, or how vancouver couldnt make this kind of deal even if they wanted to because they couldnt afford to.
Go to Top of Page

Matt_Roberts85
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
936 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2008 :  13:39:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
By the way, Guest 7139, Sundin was a way better captain than Alfredsson ever will be. His teams kicked alfies teams asses all over ontario in the playoffs. Mats never quit, his contract expired, he is 38 and ready for retirement. Not to mention the Leafs are moving in a different direction. Oh and the gold medal they won together? Mats was the CAPTAIN, not krusty the clown. Not even Lidstrom. Mats was the one who setup the gold medal winning goal by overpowering Saku Koivu on the face off. Alfie was just cheering along.

Also, Alfie wont catch Mats in the stats department either.

Mats Sundin
GP - 1,305, Goals - 555, Assists - 766, Points - 1,321

Krusty the Clown
GP - 865, Goals - 334, Assists - 526, Points - 860
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2008 :  14:55:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Matt_Roberts85

By the way, Guest 7139, Sundin was a way better captain than Alfredsson ever will be. His teams kicked alfies teams asses all over ontario in the playoffs. Mats never quit, his contract expired, he is 38 and ready for retirement. Not to mention the Leafs are moving in a different direction. Oh and the gold medal they won together? Mats was the CAPTAIN, not krusty the clown. Not even Lidstrom. Mats was the one who setup the gold medal winning goal by overpowering Saku Koivu on the face off. Alfie was just cheering along.

Also, Alfie wont catch Mats in the stats department either.

Mats Sundin
GP - 1,305, Goals - 555, Assists - 766, Points - 1,321

Krusty the Clown
GP - 865, Goals - 334, Assists - 526, Points - 860

Alfie may not catch Sundin but the Points Per Game are nearly identical between them.

But to stay on topic (since this topic has nothing to do with Sundin and the Leafs) There is no possible way Vancouver would give up their franchise player for Alfredsson and Spezza at this stage. Aside from cap room, the goalie is usually the hardest piece of the puzzle to get and they have hit the motherload! They are also rebuilding so they have at 1 more year to find their superstar(s) before Luongo's contract is up. It will happen. Canucks will be a force next year (and look surprisingly decent this year...this from a Flames fan!!)
Go to Top of Page

Guest6732
( )

Posted - 11/07/2008 :  16:49:36  Reply with Quote
ill take krusty the clown as a captain if it makes him one of the best pentaly killers in the league and also ppg player wow you just made me like the sens....haha and hate the leafs even more...and isn;'t making it to the stanley cup finals better then makin it to the eastern coference finals?

go oilers go
Go to Top of Page

dummy101
Top Prospect

Canada
33 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2008 :  17:15:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any team in the nhl would take Alfie or Heatley quick. The dead weight on the Sens is Spasm ,they should trade him now because he is signed and of high value. He is a very entertaining player in the reg season and would fit fine in a market that needs a draw but never wants to win a Cup.
They finally got rid of Redden, now dangle Spezza around and cut Gerber and eat half his salary. Then get Kolzig, would just cost about the same as Gerber cap wise this year, and try to weasel another stay at home D man and a couple of aggressive 2nd line players out of someone for Spasm.
Ottawa should be leaning Tor way and play the same way as the Leafs are. Ott has the talent to be good defensively and good on the powerplay,just need to beef up on size among forwards.
Go to Top of Page

Guest2669
( )

Posted - 11/07/2008 :  18:12:29  Reply with Quote
You leaf fans wish that they would trade alfie and spezza away so they wouldn't score on toronto all the time. The best 2-way player and the best playmaker in the leage for luongo would never happen. Alex Auld is ranked better in gaa and save % then luongo so there is no goalie problem. The sens are on the right track
Go to Top of Page

OILINONTARIO
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
816 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2008 :  19:14:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dummy101

Any team in the nhl would take Alfie or Heatley quick. The dead weight on the Sens is Spasm ,they should trade him now because he is signed and of high value. He is a very entertaining player in the reg season and would fit fine in a market that needs a draw but never wants to win a Cup.
They finally got rid of Redden, now dangle Spezza around and cut Gerber and eat half his salary. Then get Kolzig, would just cost about the same as Gerber cap wise this year, and try to weasel another stay at home D man and a couple of aggressive 2nd line players out of someone for Spasm.
Ottawa should be leaning Tor way and play the same way as the Leafs are. Ott has the talent to be good defensively and good on the powerplay,just need to beef up on size among forwards.

Kolzig? Actually, yeah. That would be in keeping with the Sens' history of picking up good goaltenders at the wrong time. They'd be better off going after Craig Johnson. I do agree, however, that Spezza should be the first of the "big 3" to go, and probably sooner rather than later.

The Oil WILL make the playoffs in 2009.
Go to Top of Page

fanoleaf
Rookie

143 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2008 :  20:02:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sundin never had a supporting cast that others have had or do have and he still put up good numbers.

If he had better talent around him.... who knows how things would have been......

Stop comparing Alfie to Sundin. Sundin just has better hockey talent plain and simple.

Go to Top of Page

Guest6732
( )

Posted - 11/07/2008 :  20:23:00  Reply with Quote
if alfredsson had such amazing player all his career to play with who were they? if sundin is so amazing why hasn't he won a cup for toronto by himself? there numbers are somewhat the same so what does playin in toronto make him 10x better? yes your right you can't compared sundin to alfy cuz there 2 different players sundin a power foward who scores goals alfy a play maker 2 way player who can shoot pass and kill big pentalies.....
so please tell me with so facts atleast why alfy is no where compared to sundin please cuz im pretty sure even a true hockey leaf fan is wondering?
Go to Top of Page

dummy101
Top Prospect

Canada
33 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2008 :  05:41:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I always liked Kolzig so that is why he came to mind but the point is they need a rent-a-goalie and dump Gerber. If they would have signed Gerber for 2 yrs to try him out, it would have been OK ,but 3 yrs when they were projecting Emery as their future was just plain stupid and probably cost them a good solid long term low cost goalie, in Emery, for the future because of it.
Go to Top of Page

Guest0001
( )

Posted - 11/08/2008 :  12:22:00  Reply with Quote
first of all I dont get how you say it doesnt work financially considering if we traded Luongo we would have around 16 million in cap space, so thats not enough for spezza and alfie?? HA.... but the most important thing is why would we trade a franchise player who IS a leader on and off the ice and has more passion for the game then say a swedish captain... makes no sense for us... that and the fact that you cant replace a luongo, spezza and alfie are soft offensive players in the eastern conference. if alfie had to play in the western conference all year he'd be done. in all the trade doesnt make sense for the nucks, especially with the cap space we have to sign a top 6... maybe if the sens are lucky we'll trade schneider to them for heatley ;) lol
Go to Top of Page

Guest5285
( )

Posted - 11/11/2008 :  16:21:12  Reply with Quote
#1- Curtis Sanford isnt a #1 goalie
#2-close as he comes already, heatley cant score ALL of the sens goals
#3- this makes no sense they have the sedins so alfie and spez would be on the second line with no heatley who is the heart of the line

i think the sens need to make a splash, just not that big
ex. mike fisher for olaf kolzig
also nick foligno could get some big big trade interest
Go to Top of Page

Guest6486
( )

Posted - 11/11/2008 :  22:56:37  Reply with Quote
yea right bud when did ottawa win a cup?. never because they blow goats and choke on d***s every year
Go to Top of Page

Savitar
Top Prospect

Canada
31 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2008 :  21:59:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How about this:

Chicago has two goalies who are both making very serious salaries, and they have a serious lack of veteran leadership since trading Lang.

Ottawa has an aging veteran in Alfredsson and a serious crisis in the goaltending department (again).

Why not a trade of Huet for Alfredsson? Despite having a rocky year so far, Huet has been a rock solid goalie for the past 2.5 seasons, and he has to be better than Auld. Chicago needs Alfie's experience, and Alfie being back on a line with Havlat (yes its been a long time) would be kind of awesome.

I see this as win/win. Ottawa gets a real full-time goalie who is young enough that they can rebuild around him, Chicago gets a player that can realistically get them to the next level in the playoffs.

Honestly I'm kinda surprised n-one else has suggested this.
Go to Top of Page

Guest7634
( )

Posted - 11/27/2008 :  00:45:43  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Savitar

How about this:

Chicago has two goalies who are both making very serious salaries, and they have a serious lack of veteran leadership since trading Lang.

Ottawa has an aging veteran in Alfredsson and a serious crisis in the goaltending department (again).

Why not a trade of Huet for Alfredsson? Despite having a rocky year so far, Huet has been a rock solid goalie for the past 2.5 seasons, and he has to be better than Auld. Chicago needs Alfie's experience, and Alfie being back on a line with Havlat (yes its been a long time) would be kind of awesome.

I see this as win/win. Ottawa gets a real full-time goalie who is young enough that they can rebuild around him, Chicago gets a player that can realistically get them to the next level in the playoffs.

Honestly I'm kinda surprised n-one else has suggested this.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was Khabbibulin instead in a trade exchange.
I'm not quite sure if Alfer would be involved. Maybe a 1st rounder with Fogliano or some AHL prospect or a current 2nd/3rd line center, and a conditional draft for Bulin and one of Hawks current young guns that arent' doing too well..Skille? Bolland? Kontiola?
2 cents anyhooo
Go to Top of Page

J-Dog
Top Prospect

Canada
39 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2008 :  10:28:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Make Spez for Huet and you've got an interesting deal. I think that Spezza might even be worth a little more, maybe Chicago can throw in a 2nd round pick, or a third liner (maybe Ladd or something).

-J-Dog
Go to Top of Page

Guest6740
( )

Posted - 11/28/2008 :  10:12:06  Reply with Quote
seems like ottawa gets screwed there tho they need more than huet they need alot more draft picks for one of the best players in the game today
Go to Top of Page

irvine
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1315 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2008 :  16:28:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hrm, okay...

The long time Canucks Captain of just a few weeks now :) is a better Captain than Daniel Alfreddson?

Sorry, I don't follow...

Anyways, i'd not be satisfied with this trade for either team. I can't see Vancouver wanting to rid of a top 3 NHL goaltender, for Spezza and a soon retiring Alfie. And, i'd settle with a top 10 goaltender, to keep the both of them in Ottawa.

Irvine
Go to Top of Page

Guest0520
( )

Posted - 11/28/2008 :  18:18:21  Reply with Quote
yea matt roberts. i think your mentally challenged if you think sundin is a good captain let alone player. lidstrom is an amazing captain. it got put down to him after shannahan and stevie y left. he played along side both of those guys for years. and thats why those guys made/making it in the hockey hall of fame while sundin is sitting on his a** half way through the season going " duh i donno? " like a mental case, who turns down 20 million for 2 years who cares if its in vancouver. down bull ish everyone sundin you know what your doin
Go to Top of Page

Guest0520
( )

Posted - 11/28/2008 :  18:20:15  Reply with Quote
and you do realize that sundin has been in the league like 2 years before him. i donno i think its that. i hate both them q u e e r s
Go to Top of Page

Crippled Monkeys
Top Prospect

10 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2008 :  10:39:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alright, get rid of two of the only three players on ottawa who can put the puck in the net. Sure Luongo would keep the Ottawa be-yotches in the game but you can't win if you can't score a goal.
Go to Top of Page

Odin
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
350 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2008 :  11:16:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Crippled Monkeys

Alright, get rid of two of the only three players on ottawa who can put the puck in the net. Sure Luongo would keep the Ottawa be-yotches in the game but you can't win if you can't score a goal.

They are actually finding that out now. Auld has been nothing short of spectacular for them. Their goaltending isn't the issue right now, its scoring. Auld has a 2.06 GAA, good for second in the league. He is MORE than doing the job. And his .924% ain't too shabby either.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page