Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Tocchet Gate Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pucker
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
398 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2006 :  09:27:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why didn't Wayne Gretzky and Rick Tocchet go with "no comment" ??? I don't think they thought the situation was as serious as it is. Now Wayne's phones have been tapped and he apparently did know about his wife's gambling - this is getting crazy.

blade
Rookie

Canada
199 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2006 :  10:19:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't think his phones are tapped now. They were tapped before the story broke.

But, if it smells like smoke, it's probably fire.
Go to Top of Page

dallasj
Top Prospect

Canada
29 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2006 :  23:28:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think if they went with "no comment", then the media would have jumped all over them for and asked what are they trying to hide. Pretty much a lose-lose situation with whatever they say now.
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2006 :  18:34:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like the great one's story is holding water...from a new article on this site:

"A New Jersey state police wiretapped conversation of Gretzky asking Tocchet how Gretzky's wife, Janet Jones, could avoid being named as a participant in the ring happened last Monday - the day after Jones allegedly won money betting on the Super Bowl, sources told The Associated Press"

http://www.pickuphockey.com/hockeynews.aspx?article=h021217A
Go to Top of Page

NuckH8R
Top Prospect

USA
62 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2006 :  09:28:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wish they would let this go. We have got Olympic hockey starting today and all anyone can talk about is this gambling ring. I for one don't care who was involved. I just want to enjoy this once every four year event. Go USA!
Go to Top of Page

Ryan Harper
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
322 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2006 :  09:34:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Todd Bertuzzi and Dany Heatley have got to be the luckiest guys right now. All of the attention has been focused on Gretzky leaving the two big mean Canadians off the hook for difficult questions from the international media.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page