Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Which Cities Have You Watched An NHL Game In? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hkalirah
PickupHockey Pro

382 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2008 :  10:34:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm just curious to see how many of us have seen games in cities other than our own.

I personally live in Toronto. I've seen games here, Philadelphia, and in Detroit.

Go Wings Go!

tbar
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
376 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2008 :  11:15:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Calgary, Edmonton, Minniapolis, Anahiem. And before the Jets left Winnipeg.
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2008 :  11:26:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
live bout 15 20 min from Montreal,,,, lucky for me i have always had friends with good connections at the bell center so i see sometimes upwards to 20 games in a season live plus i've been to 4 nhl playoff games in mtl wow.,.,... in 04 game 6 i think against boston the atmosphere was insane,,,, also got a buddy who reffed almost to the nhl so hes got some friends he reffed with in the nhl so him and i got down see a boston game now and then and go out with the reffs after..

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

Guest2684
( )

Posted - 02/21/2008 :  11:34:02  Reply with Quote
Washington and Vancouver
Go to Top of Page

ThorntonisTHEMAN
PickupHockey Pro

499 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2008 :  11:52:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
only in TO. I don't get to enough other places to see games. and i definitly can't afford to go to too many in Toronto

"I'm not dumb enough to be a goalie."
Brett Hull.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2008 :  14:11:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've only watched a game live in Edmonton.

Had a chance for free ticket to the Leafs one time in TO but turned it down. Now, if that isn't pure hatred for a team I don't know what is.
Go to Top of Page

semin-rules
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1915 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2008 :  14:23:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Min. Calgary, Edmonton, and Dallas
all the games I was there
the won =D

~~~GO STARS~~~
Go to Top of Page

Guest9934
( )

Posted - 02/21/2008 :  14:37:22  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ThorntonisTHEMAN

only in TO. I don't get to enough other places to see games. and i definitly can't afford to go to too many in Toronto

Brett Hull.

you live in Toronto, but you've never gone to watch a game at the HSBC arena in Buffalo?

I've been to Toronto and Buffalo
Go to Top of Page

shinnyafterschool
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
375 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2008 :  14:39:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
goin to my first NHL game on the 26th in Calgary for my 16th birthday!

"Desire is the most important factor in the success of any athlete. "
Go to Top of Page

ThorntonisTHEMAN
PickupHockey Pro

499 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2008 :  14:39:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
:) i know! sad isn't it! i've never had the opportunity to drive down to Buffalo and watch the Sabres. although i would absolutely love to! Hoping to do that sometime in the next year!

Brett Hull.
Go to Top of Page

nashvillepreds
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1053 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2008 :  14:57:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Big list:

Tampa, Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa, Minnesota, Nashville, LA, New York and Buffalo

The best thing is, I've gotten all those tickets as gifts.

Ellis or Mason?

Go Preds Go!

Edited by - nashvillepreds on 02/21/2008 14:58:26
Go to Top of Page

Antroman
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
537 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2008 :  15:30:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Toronto, Pittsburg, Detroit and Buffalo. I have been to Copps in my hometown of Hamilton for a Canada Cup and have gone there to a couple of Leaf exhibition games. The only way you could get me to a game in Ottawa or Montreal is with a pocket full of lighters.
Go to Top of Page

PainTrain
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1393 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2008 :  16:12:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In Saskatchewan I have to drive with my father to most of the games. We always go to Calgary since we have some friends who live there. Saw Calgary and Colorado play and Calgary and Edmonton. Calgary and Colorado had a goal and a fight in the first minute. The Edmonton and Calgary game was kinda boring because Edmonton was out of the playoff hunt and the Flames heard that Colorado lost so it guaranteed them in the playoffs. Only 2 games. I wish I could go to some more.
Go to Top of Page

CaliforniaSeal
Top Prospect

Canada
99 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2008 :  17:05:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've seen only games in Vancouver and LA. I almost saw a San Jose game but our car broke down on the way there. I've seen many exhibition games in Victoria when the LA Kings training camp was there including Wayne Gretzky's first game in an LA uniform.

No cup for Dino, what a shame
Go to Top of Page

HabsBiggestFan
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
368 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2008 :  17:13:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The only team i've seen play live is the Montreal Canadiens. The atmosphere is insane like patchy said. When I went to see it they where playing one of their rivals-the New York Rangers and there where 2 fights. It was awsome!!

I would love to go see another one!

"My life: eat, sleep, play hockey"
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2008 :  17:14:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From Toronto, of course - and funny enough, although I saw a few games at the Garden, never been to the ACC yet. In two trips to the Forum, car broke down once and we didn't make it; the other time, we spent too much money the night before to buy the scalper's tickets, and got in trouble in some bar. Good times, but I am still waiting to see a game in Montreal.

Besides Toronto, seen NHL games in Vancouver, Edmonton, Denver, Detroit.

Vancouver: they were playing Toronto in their home opener, and there were twice as many Buds fans - 'nuff said.
Edmonton: awesome. (post Gretzky+Messier) great fans, great atmosphere
Denver: big surprise - very nice. Great rink for watching hockey.
Detroit: crazy, lots of fun. Avoided brawls in our Leafs sweaters by having cops trail us . . . they were afraid for us! lol

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

hockster
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
437 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2008 :  17:20:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
everywhere but florida tampa and phoenix
Go to Top of Page

CaliforniaSeal
Top Prospect

Canada
99 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2008 :  17:27:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hockster

everywhere but florida tampa and phoenix

Did you see any in Hartford?

No cup for Dino, what a shame
Go to Top of Page

pensfan17
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
330 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2008 :  20:21:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am from a small town in Northwestern Ontario

I have only seen a preseason game in Toronto against Phoenix.
Go to Top of Page

Alex
PickupHockey All-Star

Canada
2816 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2008 :  06:58:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Every year I drive down to the Sunshine State and try to see hockey games along the way, as they are much cheaper than in my native T.O.

This year we plan to catch a Jackets game, a Thrashers game, a Lightning game, AND a Panthers game!

Habs get number 25 this year
Go to Top of Page

PuckNuts
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2414 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2008 :  07:21:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Toronto - Maple Leaf Gardens, and ACC.
Montreal - Forum, and the Molson center (at the time).
Buffalo - Memorial Auditorium.
Boston - Gardens.
Detroit - Joe Louis.

[img]http://www.maldesigns.ca/top%2050%20since%201967%20banner.jpg[/img]
Go to Top of Page

99pickles
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
671 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2008 :  21:39:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was surprised that more people hadn't been to more arenas...I feel a little guilty now because I am always complaining (in my head of course) that there are so many cities and arenas I want to see games in. Now I see that I've been to quite a few.

Detroit/Toronto/Buffalo: probably went to 30 or more games as a youth in these 3 cities since I am from near Windsor Ont. Then as 20-something my roommate and I worked in radio, so we got free Wings tickets a lot. I also had a close friend whose father was a real big-wig at Hiram Walker's (Can. Club Rye Whiskey) who took us to games in the luxury suite they had at the Joe. Even though a quick walk around the concourse showed us that they had the smallest suite of all, it was still a suite!

Pittsburgh: My wife is from that area so we went to a handful of games along the way. Always student rush tix for $20.

Columbus: Have seen a couple games there. My brother-in-law is a fan so we make an effort to go during holidays if we can (gorgeous arena by the way). Saw my Flames lose here.

Nashville: Had a corporate training thing there for a couple weeks, so I managed to get corpoarte tix to the games while I was in town. Saw my Flames lose here too.

Atlanta: Now that I live in South Carolina we go to the odd game here.

Raleigh: Drove up to game 7 between Canes/Oilers and bought scalper tix for $225 each. Worth every penny to just see the awarding of the cup live...no matter who won.

Boston: Went to a job conference there in '01 I believe. Paid only a few bucks for decent upper bowl seats while on our way to the arena on the subway.

LA: saw a single game here in Nov of '03. Honeymooned in SoCal so we had to make a detour to catch a game.

Chicago: Also was lucky enough to see the last ever NHL game at the old Chicago Stadium. Toronto won 1-0 if I remember correctly. I think Gartner scored and Potvin got the SO. The Leafs wrapped up the series at home the next game...again, if I recall .

Finally, we paid an arm and a leg to go to the Winter Classic this year too. It was pretty much worth it...just real damn expensive.

Almost forgot, I saw a game in Montreal in Oct '02 when I had to go there for a U.S. visa to move to the States in the first place.

Since my wife and I worked in minor-pro sports we catch minor-pro games no matter where we are or who it is: San Diego (before the team folded), Huntsville, Columbus(GA) Jacksonville, Motor City(folded), Youngstown, Huntsville, Columbia, Biloxi, New Orleans (before the team folded) etc etc.

I am starting to think I might have a sickness here....maybe I just love the game.
Go to Top of Page

Datsyuk 1
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
333 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2008 :  22:09:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been to a Vancouver vs Colorado game in 03. Wow Forsberg was so good and so strong on the puck. Then I went to see Vancouver vs Dallas in 06. They were both in Vancouver.

No Pain, No Gain!
Go to Top of Page

Guest5643
( )

Posted - 02/26/2008 :  00:07:25  Reply with Quote
Tampa,Montreal, winnipeg, edmonton, calgary, vancouver. Highlights have been watching Ziggy Palfy get a hatrick, seeing havlat score in O.T on a breakaway in tampa, seeing tie domi fight probert, and watching Ovechkin and sidney in the same year.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page