Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Bertuzzi saves it for the Olympics Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ryan Harper
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
322 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2006 :  09:19:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On the way in to work this morning I heard TSN analyst Pierre Maguire praising Todd Bertuzzi's play. It figures that all of us Canuck fans suffer through his sub-par performances, and then out of nowhere he decides to start driving to the net and playing like the dominant power forward he is. I just hope he succeeds in Torino and carries the momentum back to Vancouver.

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2006 :  10:51:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think Vancouver fans whine about Bertuzzi too much. He's having a decent season. He's a little hot and cold on an inconsistent team but his numbers aren't bad and the Canucks are only a few points out of first in the toughest div in the league. Considering what he's been through in the last 2 years he's doing damn good! As a Flames fan living in Vancouver, I'd take him on the Calgary team in a heart beat. Wise up Canuck fans or kiss him good bye. I can tell you this, you certainly don't want to be playing against him. If the canucks fans don't want him they are going to get their wish soon enough, who would want to play in a town where they treat you poorly in the media daily.
Go to Top of Page

nazzy_19
Top Prospect

Canada
57 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2006 :  11:31:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I tend to agree somewhat, and the funny thing is how the apologists come out when Nazzy is struggling... "Oh he's been nrusing a sore groin and bad hip flexor all year, blah blah"... which may be true, but he doesn't have the media hassling him on a regular basis about his inconsistent play. Bert does get a lot of grief, and a lot of punishment from the media and fans in this respect, and really I do agree that some of it is undeserved.

Watching him play in the open-ice style of Olympic hockey, I saw that he was skating and just moving around freely... sorry, but playing with Iginla and Sakic doesn't hurt either.

I'm not going to make excuses for Bertuzzi, as he hasn't necessarily lived up to his potential this year, but having someone like him on the Canucks will only help us in the long run... so long as he starts back checking a little bit. (In the past that line never really had too, most of the possession time was spent in the opponents zone.)
Go to Top of Page

Ryan Harper
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
322 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2006 :  10:02:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone paying attention knows that Bertuzzi has underacheived all season. We have seen what he can do and expect to see the guy who scored 46 goals - not 17. He has the size and skills to dominate but for whatever reason he has not delivered. Call us whiners but Vancouver fans know what he is capable of.

I agree playing with Sakic and Iginla on the PP is great, but I think it has more to do with Pat Quinn. He has told Bertuzzi to plant his ass in front of the net on the PP and it is proving to be effective. Not that it takes a brain surgeon to figure that one out - but hopefully Crawford is taking notes.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page