Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Canada vs Italy Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nazzy_19
Top Prospect

Canada
57 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2006 :  07:46:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not bad, but one thing I was surprised about was the tenacity of the Italian side. Even though they were outshot 50-20, the goalie Jason Muzzatti stood on his head and didn't allow the team to get completely blown out.

On a pro-canadian side, I was super impressed by Thornton and the rest of the Canadian forwards... the speed is just unbelievable this time around. Once they start gelling, this is going to be very special to watch.

And isn't it amazing having a goalie like Martin Brodeur between the pipes? I mean, the dude skates around like a 3rd defensemen, when the other team is ATTACKING. It's just amazing... can't wait to see when we come up against a real competitor like Sweden or the Czechs.

I was a bit worried in the first there, but every team needs time together to start feeling like a team. Especially when you get this much talent together in one place, the boys have to learn to drop the do-it-yourself attitude and play as a cohesive unit. I'm just worried that starting out the tourny vs. small-fry teams like Italy and Germany will make us complacent... guess we'll just have to see!

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2006 :  07:51:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Man they were ugly in the first. If the two teams would have traded jerseys the first period would have made more sense. Muzatti made some big saves, kudos to him. I only got to watch the first two periods, but the second looked a lot more like the gold-medal defending team should for the Canadians.
Go to Top of Page

Jack Kayden 66
Top Prospect

Canada
61 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2006 :  09:14:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Muzzatti sounds like a very familiar name - has he ever played in the NHL? Making 43 saves sounds pretty damn impressive. Didn't see the game but heard it was a good one.
Go to Top of Page

nazzy_19
Top Prospect

Canada
57 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2006 :  09:44:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Muzzatti was drafted in the first round by the Calgary Flamers... had his only NHL shutout against the Devils while playing for Hartford. The score in the game was 1-0, guess who was in net for the Devs... a young Marty Brodeur.
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2006 :  09:52:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey guys, just a little off subject, but I was offered a new thread in the "Head's Up!" section of the forum. It's called Fizzle's Five for Writing... Be sure to check it out!
Go to Top of Page

Ripley
PickupHockey Pro

USA
365 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2006 :  10:41:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great! I've had to listen to you in these posts and now they're giving you your own forum!!!??? Hahahahaha!!!! Go get em babs!

Didn't see the game but heard it was a good second period for the canucks. Good for Italy not to get blown out. Is it true that there are 9 canadians on the Italian team?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page