Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Theodore Balding! Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Donald Beckett
Top Prospect

Canada
88 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2006 :  09:21:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jose Theodore tested positive for a banned substance - propecia. It is a drug found in his hair growth formula. Apparently it masks the presence of certain steroids.

Its pretty obvious that Theodore is not on steroids - they are supposed to ENHANCE performance right?

blade
Rookie

Canada
199 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2006 :  10:26:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe he is doing so poorly because he had to stop taking the juice when he got called to the Olympic training roster in Oct/Nov? Right? Imagine. Knowing he might get the call to the team and knowing that he would get tested in that case, he may have decided to stop using then. That could explain his poor performance this year.

Just a conspiracy theory. To be honest I think he is innocent. He has certainly never looked like he was on any enhancing drugs.

Go to Top of Page

Ripley
PickupHockey Pro

USA
365 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2006 :  11:53:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree, He's clean. I think his rough year is just a mental thing.
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2006 :  18:19:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think his poor performance is a lack of talent thing, but that's just me.
Go to Top of Page

dallasj
Top Prospect

Canada
29 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2006 :  23:26:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I laughed when I heard it was for a hair drug, I thought he had some of the shaggiest hair around. Could explain why his concentration is lacking. Still think he can be a top goalie in the NHL though.
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2006 :  17:55:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He's a great goalie that has played his entire career on an average or worse team. His numbers would be a lot better if he played on Detroit, Dallas or Colorado etc. The best thing that can happen to the guy at this point is a trade. It's time to start over Jose.
Go to Top of Page

pucker
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
398 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2006 :  09:45:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great Goalie? More like one hit wonder. I agree that he needs to get out of Montreal. I bet the media is all over him and he might to better in a southern US state where no one cares if he sucks.
Go to Top of Page

NuckH8R
Top Prospect

USA
62 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2006 :  09:25:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Theodore is rubbish.
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2006 :  12:31:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Of course he plays on a terrible team, he makes it bad. Funny how Luongo manages to put up stellar numbers and manages to make the backup slot on Team Canada and he plays on a team that is galactically worse than Theodore's, difference being he makes it much better. Theodore is not a franchise player, he's just any other goalie, that somehow signs big contracts and gets falsely high expectations.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page