Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Czech's Done? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

blade
Rookie

Canada
199 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2006 :  10:30:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So that was a huge loss yesterday for the Czech's to the Swiss...that's right...the Swiss. From the people I know about 50% picked Czech for the gold.

With Hasek and Elias out...could the Republic be done? Or are they just getting warmed up like Canada did in 2002?

Other notable games: Russians smoked the Swedes

Other than Canada firing on all cylinders i don't think these Olympics are playing out as most felt they should

dallasj
Top Prospect

Canada
29 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2006 :  13:00:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't count the Czech's out just yet. They weren't expected to be there in the end in '98 and Hasek stole the tournament. This is a better team overall even without Elias; and Vokoun is very capable of stealing games when this tournament gets to the knockout stages. And their loss yesterday looks like it came down to one player: David Abischer stealing one for the Swiss.
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2006 :  20:15:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Playing Devil's Advocate:
Canada has played Italy and Germany. Now I want them to win but we can only judge them in their final games of the RR when they play real teams.
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2006 :  20:20:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Man the 2006 Olympics is a weird tournament. First the Czech's, now Canada. First Aebischer and now Gerber. Go Swiss! :-)

I'd like to take another stab at the top 5...

Canada
Russia
Sweden
USA
Czech

Anyone??????
Go to Top of Page

dallasj
Top Prospect

Canada
29 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2006 :  00:25:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't go back on my original picks, but if I was I would rank Slovakia a lot higher. I don't think they have the goaltending to reach the final, but I do think they have enough offense to get on to the podium and win the bronze medal.
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2006 :  15:26:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I picked:

1.Canada
2.Czech
3.Russia
4.Slovakia

I saw a lot of potential in Slovakia, and aside from patriotism, I am glad/not surprised they are doing so well. As for my top two picks... I think it's still too early to judge. I have a feeling Canada will wake up against the Czechs on Tuesday and that it will be a sweet game. Canada was caught flat-footed against two teams who were playing the trap on them and they didn't know what to do. The only pick of mine I might be inclined to update would be to substitute the Russians for the Finns, IF ANYTHING.
Go to Top of Page

NuckH8R
Top Prospect

USA
62 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2006 :  07:54:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I picked another Canada/US final. Never mind the Czechs - The way things are going its going to be a Slovakia/Finland final.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page