Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 World Cup not likely Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ryan Harper
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
322 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2006 :  10:08:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like organizing the next World Cup of Hockey is too much work for the league:

"Our sense is that every two years is frankly too much to be organizing these kinds of events in terms of the demands on the players," (pickuphockey news)

Too bad because the Olympics and World Cups is some of the best hockey ever played.

dallasj
Top Prospect

Canada
29 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2006 :  12:56:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't care much that this tournament is disappearing. I didn't get into the last one too much and I think that having a World Cup and a World Championship doesn't make any sense. I'd much rather see the NHL shorten the season slightly to make as many players available the World Championships in May. It would raise the profile of international hockey a lot more, something that isn't done enough.
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2006 :  20:13:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well said, I completely agree. Try convincing the owners though :P.
Go to Top of Page

NuckH8R
Top Prospect

USA
62 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2006 :  08:00:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Im of the opinion that the World Cup is unneccessary. First of all its in September when guys are coming back from their family vacations and are not in great shape. Second, with the playoffs going well into June, coming back in September can't look to appealing for the players. Third, since the owners are not happy with the potential injuries to their star players during the Olympics, they will probably feel the same about the World Cup causing come players to skip it.

Plus with no World Cup, we won't have to witness players holding up that fruity flower vase trophy.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page