Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Eastern Conference - Atlantic Division
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Toronto
 Leafs Are Done? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Antroman
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
537 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2008 :  21:10:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Another fine effort tonight but the Leafs lost, as they have lost so many games this year, by a late untimely goal. It is time to get back in the Stamkos Cup sweepstakes and stop trying to scrape their way into the eighth playoff spot. I think it is time to play the rusty Raycroft and give the younger guys more ice time. This latest little surge has done nothing but hurt the franchise down the road. There is just something not right about this team as they seem be afflicked with the never do anything right disease. You know, they can't even lose properly? I just can't believe how boring that Devil franchise is. They have some really good and exciting players too. They are about as interesting to watch as a race between two turtles? I'm glad I didn't pay for tickets to that game for sure!!!!!

Guest4735
( )

Posted - 03/08/2008 :  21:35:47  Reply with Quote
Sure, but Paul needs to win to keep his job
Go to Top of Page

MarkhamMax
Rookie

Canada
102 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2008 :  21:57:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't condone the 'lose one for the team' mentality. I hear where you are coming from with regard to draft position, but athletes pro or otherwise don't play to lose.
It's no different than I would tell a kid. You go out and try your best - that's to be applauded. I'd have no respect at all for a team that is clearly trying to lose.
And for what? Stamkos this year, Esposito next year...
As a student of the game I'm sure you know some of the best players ever to play in the NHL were selected nowhere near the top of the draft, or in the first round for that matter.
I can't support tanking games in attempt to land one player we 'assume' a franchise can be built on.

I like you Antro, but you have been afflicted by a bout of 'Tank Nation'. Take two pucks to the head and call me in the morning.

Go to Top of Page

Guest4450
( )

Posted - 03/08/2008 :  22:51:09  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Antroman

Another fine effort tonight but the Leafs lost, as they have lost so many games this year, by a late untimely goal. It is time to get back in the Stamkos Cup sweepstakes and stop trying to scrape their way into the eighth playoff spot. I think it is time to play the rusty Raycroft and give the younger guys more ice time. This latest little surge has done nothing but hurt the franchise down the road. There is just something not right about this team as they seem be afflicked with the never do anything right disease. You know, they can't even lose properly? I just can't believe how boring that Devil franchise is. They have some really good and exciting players too. They are about as interesting to watch as a race between two turtles? I'm glad I didn't pay for tickets to that game for sure!!!!!

Wow, just a couple of days ago you had the Leafs winning the Cup..
Go to Top of Page

PuckNuts
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2414 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2008 :  06:25:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, 8 points behind with 12 games to go. They do play the Flyers twice, and with wins there they will be only 4 back...

I never have, and never will condone losing to go get a draft choice. If that is what this franchise sinks to it would be despicable.

You play hard all the time, and you give your best effort all the time, you win some, and you lose some, one draft choice is not going to make a difference, it takes many...

[img]http://www.maldesigns.ca/top%2050%20since%201967%20banner.jpg[/img]
Go to Top of Page

Antroman
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
537 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2008 :  11:49:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Guys, I didn't mean for them to tank it on purpose. I re-read my post after reading all of yours and I did sound a bit negative alright. I do not condone losing on purpose either. I was a little down after they dropped another of those controversial games last evening and perhaps should have waited until today to make my post. I apologize for that. I am just a little desperate for something good to happen to this team weather it be a lottery pick for a change or a birth in the playoffs. It was a very important game for the team last night just as they all are and I suppose they lost the right way, at least, because nobody can say they were tanking it. I know Maurice has to make the playoffs in order to have any hope of retaining his job, I would surmise anyway? Yes, I said the other day we were going to win the Cup......tougue firmly planted in cheek of course. You guy's should have me figured out by now. Being a Leaf fan is sometimes like a roller coaster ride through hell!!!!! It reminds me of an old John Prine song....."You're up one day.....The next your down.....drink a half a cup water and you think your gonna drown.......that's the way that the world goes round."
Go to Top of Page

ThorntonisTHEMAN
PickupHockey Pro

499 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2008 :  05:13:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, the Leafs are done. ANd they should DEFINITELY be playing their young players! They are talking about "needing to reprogram the way we think around here. In the off-season we will make chances and start moving towards building a dynasty around young players such as stralman and earl and tlusty and so on." well, you might as well start giving them playing time right now instead of giving it to guys like tucker and mcCabe and others that have tanked pretty much this whole season. The Leafs will not make the playoffs. That has been clear for quite some time now. So Maurice, start playing your kids! Give them some experience instead of playing your tried and untrue vets for 20 or 25 minutes a night!
Go to Top of Page

jmsmorris
Top Prospect

Canada
31 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2008 :  17:22:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After the 6-2 loss to Buffalo on Saturday, they're definitely done for. At this point they should call up some prospects from the Marlies like Pogge to play out the stretch so they can get some NHL experience before the season ends.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page