Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 2008 NHL Entry Draft Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Leafsfan_94
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1070 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2008 :  22:19:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
theese two guys seem like the top 2 picks in the draft. if you were your favourite teams GM who would you take?

and

why?

Leafsfan_94

Choices:

Steven Stamkos?
Drew Doughty?

GoOilGo
Top Prospect

Canada
42 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2008 :  00:14:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I haven't watched or seen these two play before but from a scout point of view they are ranking Stamkos higher then Doughty so I said Stamkos.
Go to Top of Page

mytor4
Rookie

Canada
134 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2008 :  03:25:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Leafsfan_94

theese two guys seem like the top 2 picks in the draft. if you were your favourite teams GM who would you take?

and

why?

Leafsfan_94

i can't vote as i haven't seen either one play but if i had to make a blind pick it would come dome to what my team needed the most . a forward[stamkos] or a d-man[doughty].

57 career losses,46 shutouts and 5 vezina trophys.6 Stanley Cup rings in 8 yrs
Go to Top of Page

Leafsfan_94
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1070 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2008 :  07:37:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well stamkos is a forard and doughty is a defenceman. my favourite team is the leafs right? they haver bad defence.so even though stamkos is really good offensively but o.k defensively. doughty who isa defenceman can scoree highlight reeel goals make plays and can play defence.

so if i was cliff fletcher i would take doughty

Leafsfan_94

Go to Top of Page

Axey
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
877 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2008 :  08:20:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Stamkos, then bc im a magnificant gm i would steal the second pick as well and get doughty... no but seriously stamkos
Go to Top of Page

PainTrain
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1393 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2008 :  09:00:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If the Sabres got the first overall pick they would have to take Drew Doughty. On forward, they have many young players. But on defence they are very old. A defenceman like Doughty would be great for the team and could replace Brian Campbell.
Go to Top of Page

KeithQuinn
Top Prospect

41 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2008 :  18:44:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I picked Doughty because Tampa is probobly going to get the 1st pick an the need defence!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Leafs Rock Planet
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2008 :  18:47:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KeithQuinn

I picked Doughty because Tampa is probobly going to get the 1st pick an the need defence!!!!!

Tampa is already guarenteed first overall pick unless they pull some bonehead move and trade it away.

I dont think Tampa is in the position to take any risks. They will be choosing Stamkos first overall.

Vokoun
Top Prospect

5 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2008 :  05:13:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hate to say it as a Cats fan but Tampa is in a great position and needs to hold on to Stamkos, it would be stupid to trade the pick since they can't get its value out there unless they trade to some upside down team rebuilding like maybe Edmonton or T.O...
Go to Top of Page

pokermatt12
Top Prospect

Canada
65 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2008 :  14:50:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My favourite team is Detroit; I'm sure they won't get the first pick but if they did, I would choose Doughty hands down.

We have our scoring (Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Franzen) We have our grit (Draper, Maltby, Holmstrom) and for now, we have our defense... but our defense is getting old. Chelios is the most obvious one, but Lidstrom will be the most devistating blow when he retires. We need a guy like Doughty to fill his spot.

Not saying Stamkos wouldn't be sick on a line with Datsyuk and Zetterberg, defence will just be the issue (along with goaltending) in the near future.

He who controls the present controls the past; he who controls the past controls the future.

Edited by - pokermatt12 on 05/20/2008 14:51:27
Go to Top of Page

Datsyuk 1
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
333 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2008 :  23:03:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You guys can't really say who is going to be picked unless you know what team you are and what kind of player you are looking for. Also I would take Stamkos for my Canucks cause they can't score worth of s***. :P
Go to Top of Page

SuperSakic
Rookie

Canada
192 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2008 :  07:12:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's the top 10 teams in draft order and who I think they should pick:

1. Tampa Bay Lightning - Stamkos
2. Los Angeles Kings - Stamkos
3. Atlanta Thrashers - Doughty
4. St. Louis Blues - Stamkos
5. New York Islanders - Stamkos
6. Columbus Blue Jackets - Doughty
7. Toronto Maple Leafs - Stamkos
8. Phoenix Coyotes - Doughty
9. Nashville Predators - Stamkos
10. Vancouver Canucks - Stamkos

The teams with Stamkos are the ones that need more offense up front. The teams with Doughty are the ones who I think would benefit more with a blue-chip defenseman than a forward. Note the ones with Doughty would be more complete teams rather than just adding another high scoring forward.

But all that is useless speculation, cause Tampa will get Stamkos, and LA will get Doughty.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page