Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 2008 Playoffs - Dallas - Detroit Series Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

willus3

Canada
1948 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2008 :  06:25:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Talk about the series...

Edited by - willus3 on 05/21/2008 15:22:51

Gostarsgo12
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
437 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2008 :  16:04:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well we came out flat and looked terrible but hey Franzen is missing tonights game so maybe we will win

Go Stars!!!

Edited by - Gostarsgo12 on 05/10/2008 16:05:06
Go to Top of Page

PainTrain
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1393 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2008 :  16:06:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think fatigue was a huge factor in the first game for Dallas. Either that or Detroit is just that good.
Go to Top of Page

hkalirah
PickupHockey Pro

382 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2008 :  09:00:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think it’s a mix of both Pain Train. Detroit is a team which excels in precision passing, so they’re making Dallas run around a lot, and since they’re already tired, it’s hard for them to keep up.

I think Detroit is Turco’s kryptonite, they’re not a team which dumps the puck in too often, so it takes Turco’s puck handling skills out of the game.

Go Wings Go!
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2008 :  13:57:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hkalirah

I think it’s a mix of both Pain Train. Detroit is a team which excels in precision passing, so they’re making Dallas run around a lot, and since they’re already tired, it’s hard for them to keep up.

I think Detroit is Turco’s kryptonite, they’re not a team which dumps the puck in too often, so it takes Turco’s puck handling skills out of the game.

Go Wings Go!

dallas can keep playing like this afternoon they will win in seven, turco was unbelievable and the whole team finally gave the wings the run around,,,

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

Datsyuk 1
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
333 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2008 :  14:10:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What a good game it was today 2-1 Dallas. Now the series is 3-2 Detriot. Dallas is going to give Detroit a run for there money. I say Dallas in 7!

Go Flyers Go!
Go to Top of Page

Guest6666
( )

Posted - 05/18/2008 :  21:08:51  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Datsyuk 1

What a good game it was today 2-1 Dallas. Now the series is 3-2 Detriot. Dallas is going to give Detroit a run for there money. I say Dallas in 7!

Go Flyers Go!

I say your prediction is wrong.
Go to Top of Page

Gostarsgo12
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
437 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2008 :  21:49:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest6666

quote:

Go Flyers Go!

I say Datsyuk 1 knows what he is talking about. Were going to take this game 7. Turco has started playing like he did in the first 2 series and its going to take us to the cup!

Stars for the Cup!
Go to Top of Page

Gostarsgo12
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
437 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2008 :  20:02:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I guess we couldn't take it to game 7 but I'm still very pleased with my team. We started the season terrible, fired are Gm but we turned it around made it to 3rd round, picked up a valuable asset in Richards and many players improved along the way. There's always next year.

Stars for the Cup!
Go to Top of Page

Guest6625
( )

Posted - 05/20/2008 :  00:48:58  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gostarsgo12

quote:
Originally posted by Guest6666

quote:

Go Flyers Go!

I say Datsyuk 1 knows what he is talking about. Were going to take this game 7. Turco has started playing like he did in the first 2 series and its going to take us to the cup!

Stars for the Cup!

Like I said in reference to Datsyuk1 (interesting someone called Datsyuk would pick AGAINST Detroit), "I say your prediction is wrong."

Amazing how people only see what they want to see, Osgood had played just as well as he did against Nashville and Colorado (both series wins) but somehow Turco was supposed to trump Osgood because Turco had a couple of good games...ummmm who won the G.A.A. title in the regular season? Ummm, who already has won a Cup as a starter? Osgood's playoff performance has been extremely underrated, he has been rock solid and has not been responsible for single loss. He stops the ones he is supposed to stop (the mark of a solid goalie) and has thrown in a few bonus saves as well.

Though, nIce of you to man up GoStarsGo, that was an impressive run.

Peace!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page