Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 Habs VS. Caps first round? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2008 :  09:13:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Who do you think would win if the Canadiens and the Capitals meet in a 7 game playoff series?

Pasty

Choices:

Capitals
Canadiens

Edited by - Pasty7 on 03/25/2008 09:17:45

Alex
PickupHockey All-Star

Canada
2816 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2008 :  14:09:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is not that hard to analyze, really.

When we think Caps, we think one thing: Ovechkin. He has been being labelled as 'MVP' and 'Hart Candidate' and such the whole season. He has carried that team on his back, and possibly, into the playoffs. Clearly, the number one focus for oppoising teams is to shut him down.

Aside from the obvious, which is that Price would be taking a lot of the pressure in that series, it goes back to the old adage 'defense wins championships.' If you read up I think two weeks ago in Sports Ilustrated the feature article about Mike Komisarek, you can see why he has been such a crucial part of their success this year. He really bangs guys up, and hard! In a seven game series, no way the Caps would last.

Personally, the key to the Canadiens dominating a playoff series or just winning is in his hands. I do not know their record against the Caps this season, but I am sure that with Komisarek pounding on you and bruising you up night in and night out, you cant score at a 60 goal a season pace.

Take two minutes to join the PickUpHockey Cyber Cup!
http://www.pickuphockey.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3820#51395

Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2008 :  14:21:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alex

It is not that hard to analyze, really.

When we think Caps, we think one thing: Ovechkin. He has been being labelled as 'MVP' and 'Hart Candidate' and such the whole season. He has carried that team on his back, and possibly, into the playoffs. Clearly, the number one focus for oppoising teams is to shut him down.

Aside from the obvious, which is that Price would be taking a lot of the pressure in that series, it goes back to the old adage 'defense wins championships.' If you read up I think two weeks ago in Sports Ilustrated the feature article about Mike Komisarek, you can see why he has been such a crucial part of their success this year. He really bangs guys up, and hard! In a seven game series, no way the Caps would last.

Personally, the key to the Canadiens dominating a playoff series or just winning is in his hands. I do not know their record against the Caps this season, but I am sure that with Komisarek pounding on you and bruising you up night in and night out, you cant score at a 60 goal a season pace.

Take two minutes to join the PickUpHockey Cyber Cup!
http://www.pickuphockey.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3820#51395

wrong! first off there is a lot more to the caps then just the russian sensation secondly you're right a guy like komisarek pounding on you for a whole series wears you down and if you look at how big and physical the caps are ,, the habs are the ones who wouldn;t last,,, the caps are one of the few teams that scare me against the habs because they have a lot more komisarek type players then we do,,,, look through the caps lineup they big young and fast in a 7 game series they will be hard to contain,,, plus you have to bet that huet wont lose to the team that deamed not good enough for the playoffs!

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

Axey
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
877 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2008 :  17:15:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
pasty ... to you everyone is big and huge compared to the canadiens... the habs would destroy the caps and huet isnt good enough for the playoffs i wanna see a 3rd round this year .. also we have grit in the form of komisarek, kostopolous, lapierre, boullion, o byrne, gorges, latendresse, even chipchura... our line up has just as much grit and is able to wear down teams the same if not better then other teams and also we have speed to go along with it ....im more scared of boston then the caps .. just bc the winning streak and domination has to end eventually .. look at the habs and ottawa
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2008 :  17:27:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Axey

pasty ... to you everyone is big and huge compared to the canadiens... the habs would destroy the caps and huet isnt good enough for the playoffs i wanna see a 3rd round this year .. also we have grit in the form of komisarek, kostopolous, lapierre, boullion, o byrne, gorges, latendresse, even chipchura... our line up has just as much grit and is able to wear down teams the same if not better then other teams and also we have speed to go along with it ....im more scared of boston then the caps .. just bc the winning streak and domination has to end eventually .. look at the habs and ottawa

have you looked at the caps blueline? and you are right i think there are a few teams a lot bigger and tougher that will cause the habs trouble in a 7 game series,, the rangers being another very dangerous team,, the sens i say we have em and would come out victorious,, the devils the same these are not the teams that worry me, the playoffs are the nhl's second season.

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

Axey
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
877 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2008 :  17:43:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i just think the habs can go toe to toe with ne team ..im equally scared of each team but i think we can muscle ne1 in the east just the same ..avery scares me a bit but we seem to control him good enough neways
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2008 :  17:46:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i'm not saying theres no way the habs will beat these teams and they'll walk all over us,,, i'm just saying the opposite that we won;t walk all over every team in the east and we shouldn;t take the teams low in the standings lightly.

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

PhillyFan12
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
399 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2008 :  19:12:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well i think washington because of ovechkin he's MVP and a Hart Candidate
Go to Top of Page

Axey
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
877 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2008 :  19:32:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lol ...... when has the hart winner won the conn smythe in the past years and it hasnt happen much if at all .. so ovie would help but he cant bring them a cup alone
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page