Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... User Polls
 NHL home stretch schedule Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alex
PickupHockey All-Star

Canada
2816 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2008 :  14:10:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
We have already seen a little bit of the effects from the revised NHL schedule. Are you for or against the inter-division play at the end of the year?

Choices:

For
Against

Alex
PickupHockey All-Star

Canada
2816 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2008 :  14:14:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am for it!

First of all, as a fan, it makes hockey simply that much more exciting. Not only that, but it enhances the game for those who know they are headed to the golf course. When the Lightning play the Capitals, it is a lot more fun and motivating to try and play spoiler, then when they play, say, the Leafs. It also gets teams much better prepared for the NHL playoffs. It adds to the overall atmosphere, and makes for the best possible hockey as opposed to just letting the last two weeks be transition mode.

As for the cons, I can not see very many. It could be argued that, for example, in the NorthWest division, all the teams could be in if it were not for the schedule revision. Who is better, Nashville or Colorado? How about Nashville or the Oilers? I would say Nashville is the weaker team in both cases; however, their schedule is chok-full of teams hitting the golf course, in Columbus, Chicago and St. Louis. The other team, Detroit, has no real reason to play good hockey now, especially in comparison to the NorthWest teams.

So in that light, it may have its flaws. I would ask, what doesn't have its flaws? The new schedule is great and is definitely a keeper!

Take two minutes to join the PickUpHockey Cyber Cup!
http://www.pickuphockey.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3820#51395

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page