Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... Hockey History
 Zetterberg Vs Sundin Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Guest2370
( )

Posted - 03/29/2008 :  15:08:24  Reply with Quote
Poll Question:
Who is better!

Choices:

Zetterberg
Sundin
Both equaly the same

Axey
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
877 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2008 :  15:18:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are you half snapped right now ? I pick Zetterberg tho
Go to Top of Page

Gostarsgo12
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
437 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2008 :  17:12:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Zetterberg no question. Younger, Quicker, Wont retire soon.

Go Stars
Go to Top of Page

brentrock2
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
571 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2008 :  03:51:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah zetterberg is my pick.
Go to Top of Page

hkalirah
PickupHockey Pro

382 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2008 :  13:10:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You’re comparing two guys who are at different stages in their career.

Zetteberg is a guy who has come into his own over the past couple of seasons. At the beginning of the year he was playing MVP style hockey, but has since been surpassed by the likes of Ovechkin. He’s got atleast 7 to 8 more years ahead of him if not more, barring injury.

Realistically Sundin may have played his last game in the NHL. He’s getting married this summer, and I think if he doesn’t come back to play for the Leafs, he may ship himself off to Sweden.

I guess the real question should be, which player was better in their prime, but even that we can’t answer yet, because Zetteberg may not have reached his prime.

Go Wings Go!
Go to Top of Page

Guest6571
( )

Posted - 04/08/2008 :  14:48:13  Reply with Quote
No contest who is better, and Zetterberg actually wants to win too...
Go to Top of Page

Guest6406
( )

Posted - 04/11/2008 :  14:31:19  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest6571

[content removed]...their is not a player in the NHL that doesnt want to win or else they would not be playing in the NHL.
Go to Top of Page

Guest4474
( )

Posted - 04/11/2008 :  22:18:19  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest6406

quote:

[content removed]. ..their is not a player in the NHL that doesnt want to win or else they would not be playing in the NHL.

[content removed]
Mats Sundin refused to be traded to a playoff team!!!!!!!!! That clearly suggest he does not want to win. How about asking why, in my opinion, do I feel Sundin does not want to win instead of insulting me.
Go to Top of Page

Guest1438
( )

Posted - 04/12/2008 :  00:27:39  Reply with Quote
You don't know what you're talking about there bud. And easy with the exclamation marks. So Sundin doesn't want to win because he didn't allow himself to be traded? Is that your opinion? Again, you don't know what you're talking about. He didn't allow himself to be traded because it didn't feel right to him to leave a team that he's played the vast majority of his career with. He is the captain and takes pride in his team (even if they're unsuccessful most of the time). What pride can you take when you win a cup with a team that you've just joined and don't really know the guys on? Well, in Sundin's opinion, "not much", and THAT'S why he didn't allow himself to be traded. A lot of fans respect him for that decision, including myself. It shows that he wants to stick with Toronto, and I think it also shows that he hopes he can help the Leafs win the following season.

Oh, and Zetterberg is the better player, mostly because I'm a Wings fan.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6727
( )

Posted - 04/14/2008 :  07:15:58  Reply with Quote
Sundin Baby! If Mats played with Datsyuk, Lidstrom and company He would easily be a 100 point player still. Hell if he didnt get hurt at the end of this season he very well could have cracked 90 points on a sad leaf squad. Not to mention sundin has been an nhl captain for 10 years and was captain of swedens gold medal team that zetterberg was apart of. Im sure Henrik was asking Mats for some tips on how to be a great team leader. We'll see if henrik can crack 500 goals and 1300 points.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2008 :  07:46:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My thoughts exactly, guest 6727.

Sundin is the better player, from what we can see now. In the future, that may change, as Zetterberg piles up the points and gains more leadership skills - but until then, Sundin's a HOF - Zetterberg isn't.

'nuff said.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

Guest2253
( )

Posted - 04/15/2008 :  10:47:46  Reply with Quote
Zetterberg should be getting lots of points in the playoffs!
Go to Top of Page

Guest6727
( )

Posted - 04/15/2008 :  13:46:36  Reply with Quote
Guest 6196: Thank you!

Sorry guys, i didnt mean to sound so crude, but come on! I am born and raised in Toronto, and the Maple leafs are my team! Everyone knows they have stunk since the lockout but that doesnt make ME an idiot. I follow all the NHL teams and the sport as a whole. I cant wait untill the leafs finally win a cup and they WILL win one eventually, and we can stick it to all the haters.
Go to Top of Page

Guest9413
( )

Posted - 04/15/2008 :  15:39:52  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

content removed...their is not a player in the NHL that doesnt want to win or else they would not be playing in the NHL.

if sundin wanted to win, he would have waived his no trade clause...that just shows me that he doesn't care about the cup...ZETTERBERG is a much better player than sundin is now and before...SUNDIN SUCKS
Go to Top of Page

nashvillepreds
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1053 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2008 :  17:03:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest9413

quote:

quote:

content removed their is not a player in the NHL that doesnt want to win or else they would not be playing in the NHL.

if sundin wanted to win, he would have waived his no trade clause...that just shows me that he doesn't care about the cup...ZETTERBERG is a much better player than sundin is now and before...SUNDIN SUCKS

Sorry, i started laughing reading this. If you truly knew hockey, you'd know Sundin is one of the most dedicated players in the NHl. He does not believe in being a rental player, thus choosing to stay with the leafs. He is the only guy on the team that actually comes out and plays every night. But he's just playing to show off your right, he doesn't want to win a cup or make the playoffs right?

Ellis or Mason?

Go Preds Go!
Go to Top of Page

lastlineofd
Top Prospect

13 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2008 :  17:14:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nashvillepreds

quote:
Originally posted by Guest9413

quote:

quote:

content removed ...their is not a player in the NHL that doesnt want to win or else they would not be playing in the NHL.

Sorry, i started laughing reading this. If you truly knew hockey, you'd know Sundin is one of the most dedicated players in the NHl. He does not believe in being a rental player, thus choosing to stay with the leafs. He is the only guy on the team that actually comes out and plays every night. But he's just playing to show off your right, he doesn't want to win a cup or make the playoffs right?

Ellis or Mason?

Go Preds Go!

Sundin is an exceptional leader and a great hockey talent, one of few guys who get better late into their careers. Yes like you said he brings it every night. He's loyal and dedicated to his team and plays to win. He wants to win a CUP he just didn't want to win it enough. He didn't want to go against what he thought was right and be a rental player. He made a choice based on values, that he would play out the year as a Leaf, that the only cup he wanted to win was with his teammates as a Leaf. If the only thing he wanted was to win a Cup he'd be in another uni. I don't blame him for it.

Edited by - lastlineofd on 04/15/2008 17:20:45
Go to Top of Page

PhillyFan12
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
399 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2008 :  04:36:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
zetterberg is way better
Go to Top of Page

PhillyFan12
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
399 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2008 :  09:16:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My brother wrote.But i think zetterburg is quicker and better.But mats has more accurate shot then him and makes a better captain for his team,He also passes more often.zetterburg dont pss that much,he likes to do it by himself,Mats dont care if he never scores.Zetterburg just gets more points,thats why everyone says hes better.
Go to Top of Page

Guest2220
( )

Posted - 10/11/2008 :  11:21:19  Reply with Quote
Zetterberg, no dought he is better than Sundin
Go to Top of Page

Guest0411
( )

Posted - 10/11/2008 :  22:04:16  Reply with Quote
lol whoever said sundin never had anyone to play moginly and prob a few other 80 points guy i don't feel like mentioning cuz i hate the leafs ps good game tonite leafs sure made yourself look good
Go to Top of Page

Guest6626
( )

Posted - 10/11/2008 :  22:46:38  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Guest1438

You don't know what you're talking about there bud. And easy with the exclamation marks. So Sundin doesn't want to win because he didn't allow himself to be traded? Is that your opinion? Again, you don't know what you're talking about. He didn't allow himself to be traded because it didn't feel right to him to leave a team that he's played the vast majority of his career with. He is the captain and takes pride in his team (even if they're unsuccessful most of the time). What pride can you take when you win a cup with a team that you've just joined and don't really know the guys on? Well, in Sundin's opinion, "not much", and THAT'S why he didn't allow himself to be traded. A lot of fans respect him for that decision, including myself. It shows that he wants to stick with Toronto, and I think it also shows that he hopes he can help the Leafs win the following season.

Oh, and Zetterberg is the better player, mostly because I'm a Wings fan.

I think it is pretty clear now that I clearly and perfectly knew what I was talking about oh brave one who insults people from beyond the computer screen...how many fans now respect Sundin for his decision to screw the Leafs out getting potential Jeff Carter type assets...how many fans respect Sundin now for not even signing with a team at the beginnig of the season after his story about wanting to play with a team from the beginnig of the season, and he WILL sign he obviously does not have in him to retire or would have done so already....Sundin must have been delusional if he thought he was going to carry last year's team to the playoffs.

congratulations on choosing to respect someone who screwed the team he claimed to care so much about because of his rental player story, if he truly cared he would have allowed himself to be traded to get the Leafs asssets and on top of that he could settled for a consolation prize of a Stanley Cup and then he could resigned with the Leafs this summer...He chose to pass on winning a Cup with his fellow coutrymen in Detroit, they were interested in Sundin.

LOLOLOLOL...Sundin is a hall of famer, Zetterberg is not LOLOLOLOL...Zetterberg has accomplished more in 5 years than Sundin has accomplished in like 17 years so please do not make such ridiculous, highly embellished and highly biased statements...Doug Gilmour, who actually won a Cup (and almost singlehandedly carried the Leafs to the Finals) had a better career than Mats Sundin and not even Gilmour is in the Hockey Hall Of Fame so don't go reserving a spot for Sundin just yet.

Come on where are all you tough talkers now that Zetterberg has won a Conn Smythe and Sundin has not chosen to go though the whole journey with a team, if he signs with a team now he will not going through the whole journey he claimed he wanted to go through, he will be a rental player...the very rental player he said he did not want to be.

Ask Doug Weight if he respects himself after being a rental for Carolina, I am sure Weight feels bad when he sits at home at night polishing his Stanley Cup ring LOLOLOLOL.

And ! will use as many exclamation points as ! want too!!!!! Woo-hoo!
Go to Top of Page

Guest6626
( )

Posted - 10/11/2008 :  22:50:21  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PhillyFan12

My brother wrote.But i think zetterburg is quicker and better.But mats has more accurate shot then him and makes a better captain for his team,He also passes more often.zetterburg dont pss that much,he likes to do it by himself,Mats dont care if he never scores.Zetterburg just gets more points,thats why everyone says hes better.

Zetterberg is a true leader who is higly respected by his teammates and coach (you may have read recently that Ron WIlson took shots at Mats' leadership ability). Z just gets the job done and he is if not the best, one of the top 2 all-round players in the league. And his leadership and two-way are on top of the higher points per game than Sundin. Did you not watch the playoffs last year? People do not say Zetterberg is better just because he gets more points.
Go to Top of Page

brentrock2
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
571 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2008 :  13:09:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree Zetterberg is way better like bigtime!
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2008 :  10:18:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think it is impossible to say at this time in zetterbergs career who is the better player, we should have this conversation in 15 years when he is out of the NHL as well as Sundin. Of course with his bad back he might be out sooner.

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Go to Top of Page

brentrock2
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
571 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2008 :  15:14:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That is true but Zetterbergs career is much better.
Go to Top of Page

Guest2264
( )

Posted - 10/15/2008 :  11:21:02  Reply with Quote
Zetterberg, no question Quicker and youger like GostarsGo12 said.
Go to Top of Page

Guest2949
( )

Posted - 10/15/2008 :  12:34:24  Reply with Quote
Well I guess I'll attempt to make a full response before I vomit on my keyboard after reading some of the ridiculous comments from the Leaf hating nation out there. I think it's small minded to shoot down a player based on the team they play for. Let's look at the facts for a second... Zetterberg does have better players around him and players that work hard and have skill. I wouldn't classify Mogilny as a player who "works hard". For the past few years Sundin hasn't had any linemates to speak of and yet he's been putting points on the board and being a great leader on and off the ice. Time will tell if Zetterberg is a better overall player but it's not fair to make that comparison right now. It's like comparing Crosby to a Joe Sakic or Mike Modano.... just doesn't make sense until the player has faced the test of time. Zetterberg may just fizzle out. It doesn't look that way but who are we to predict a player's future potential. It's basically a pointless comparison and to offer a suggestion and to shoot down Sundin like some of you are is just stupid. So to the idiot posting comments about how much better Zetterberg is (yes you Guest6626) how bout trying to make comments based on reality not your own personal opinion of a player. The answer to the question "Who is better?" is only time will tell. Any other opinion is based on speculation only. I'm not making any negative statements about Zetterberg because he is a great player and to make personal attacks of his character as you are about Sundin is both stupid and immature. You should keep your opinions to yourself.
Go to Top of Page

brentrock2
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
571 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2008 :  15:01:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Like you said Guest2949 he does have better skilled players on his line and Sundin don't have as much of skilled players.
Go to Top of Page

Canucks Man
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1547 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2008 :  15:12:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by brentrock2

Like you said Guest2949 he does have better skilled players on his line and Sundin don't have as much of skilled players.

I am sorry to go off topic but it is posts like this one that are giving this site a bad rap, the sentence doesn't even make sense at some parts. Instead of going i agree and then saying the same thing we all just read say your opinion and help the topic progress.

CANUCKS RULE!!!
Go to Top of Page

brentrock2
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
571 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2008 :  16:32:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I'm sorry Canucks Man
Go to Top of Page

your mumma make me *****
Top Prospect

15 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2008 :  04:54:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
what dbag went ahead and started this. zetterberg is like 25 and sundin is like 38 you cant compare. but if it was forsberg or sundin i would pick sundin because he was the only reason leafs pwned noobs for so many years.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6740
( )

Posted - 10/16/2008 :  10:15:41  Reply with Quote
when did leafs pwn for many years? they never won a stanley cup is like wat 40 years and whens the last time they even made it to a cup final
Go to Top of Page

MSC
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
601 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2008 :  10:48:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
pwned noobs? what the sweet baby jesus are you talking about?

quote:
Originally posted by your mumma make me *****

what dbag went ahead and started this. zetterberg is like 25 and sundin is like 38 you cant compare. but if it was forsberg or sundin i would pick sundin because he was the only reason leafs pwned noobs for so many years.

Go to Top of Page

OILINONTARIO
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
816 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2008 :  12:41:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was wondering the same thing myself. Maybe he meant to type in "owned boobs", but hit the wrong keys. Doesn't make much sense, but it would be funny if it caught on as a figure of speech.

i.e. "Man, Toskala really owned boobs last night against the Habs!"

The Oil WILL make the playoffs in 2009.
Go to Top of Page

MSC
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
601 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2008 :  12:48:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I keep checking these forums out of habit/boredom and I feel my IQ dropping everytime I do over the last little while. My brain is getting it's boobs owned by these kids.
Go to Top of Page

brentrock2
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
571 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2008 :  15:54:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Leafs Suck it is pretty obvious and detroit is like way better the team zetterberg is on.
Go to Top of Page

admin
Forum Admin

Canada
2336 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2008 :  17:15:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok everyone. This happens every year at this time, a load of new people come to the site and some are a little unfamiliar with the guidelines of the site. Please familiarize yourself with them

http://www.pickuphockey.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2160

Specifically, you don't need to hurl an insult at someone just because you disagree with what they say. Acknowledge them and state that you disagree then express why...it's simple, you do not have to "name call" and yell. All that does is discourage any conversation and drive people away. We're trying to have a discussion, that's what this forum is for.

Let's open up some conversation here gang, ease up on the hatred and verbal diarrhea please.
Go to Top of Page

brentrock2
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
571 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2008 :  17:44:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did you know Mats is retiring but at least I think that is what I heard so this poll is Mmm....I don't know.
Go to Top of Page

Guest2264
( )

Posted - 10/17/2008 :  03:15:51  Reply with Quote
Well they are to slow on the puck and they don't work hard and they don't support their team that much.

when did leafs pwn for many years? they never won a stanley cup is like wat 40 years and whens the last time they even made it to a cup final.
Go to Top of Page

brentrock2
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
571 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2008 :  06:05:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree Zetterberg rocks and Sundin is not that good
Go to Top of Page

Guest2264
( )

Posted - 10/18/2008 :  17:44:43  Reply with Quote
Picked zetterberg but i am another guest 2264.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page