Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Why YOUR team won't win the cup Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mytor4
Rookie

Canada
134 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2008 :  08:15:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the Habs had a good season just making the playoffs. Any road win is a bonus. Reasons why we won't win the cup? Well,

1st- The inexperence. Young players and playoff pressure
2nd- I still think were that 1 player away. Over time that 1 player may emerge from who's on the team now.
3rd- Really I don't think we're tough enough of a team.
4th- Our PP is great but during playoffs the refs usually put there whistles away which would mean less PP for us which = less goals

# 3 and 4 are the major reasons why we the habs won't win the cup.
I 'm curious to see your thoughts on your team.

2nd I.D DManPreds11

Edited by - mytor4 on 03/30/2008 15:30:54

Antroman
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
537 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2008 :  18:08:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My team won't win the Cup because they didn't make the playoffs. LOL. However I really enjoyed watching the Leafs mop the floor with the toilet seats last night. Most satisfying, I must say!!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

mytor4
Rookie

Canada
134 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2008 :  18:18:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Antroman

My team won't win the Cup because they didn't make the playoffs. LOL. However I really enjoyed watching the Leafs mop the floor with the toilet seats last night. Most satisfying, I must say!!!!!!!

ya man it knocked the habs right out of the playoffs.
later and here are some hankys for all your sobbing.

the leafs miss the playoffs again. life can't get any better.
Go to Top of Page

Antroman
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
537 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2008 :  22:02:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No sobbing for this Leafer but I will need your tissues to wipe away my tears of joy everytime the toilet seats suck crap from here on in. Too bad about Saku, I wish him all the best. I kinda' like the guy but what's bad for him and the toilet seats is good for me.

Edited by - Antroman on 03/30/2008 22:02:54
Go to Top of Page

mytor4
Rookie

Canada
134 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2008 :  22:38:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

No sobbing for this Leafer but I will need your tissues to wipe away my tears of joy everytime the toilet seats suck crap from here on in. Too bad about Saku, I wish him all the best. I kinda' like the guy but what's bad for him and the toilet seats is good for me.

No tissues needed for me .We accomplished what we set out to do ,make the playoffs. The rest is gravy.But than again with that whole team of no heart slackers i guess you guys accomplished what you set out to do which was make all of Canada happy. Just imagine if there were no leafs team than Canada wouldn't have a loser team. Thank god for the Leafs.There official new name should be the Toronto sad sacks
hahahaha read below

The Toronto Sad Sacks miss the playoffs again. Life can't get any better.
Go to Top of Page

SuperSakic
Rookie

Canada
192 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2008 :  06:28:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is the mindset of the typical leafs fan. Take happiness in the misery of other teams rather than the success of your own team. But you know what? When there is no success to be had, they have to take solace in minor insignificant victories.
The typical Habs fan requires the best from their team. They demand excellence and success. The Leafs fan demands that the Leafs just be playing that night.

But in regards to the post. I think ALL of the reasons you stated will be the cause of their downfall. I mean, if they couldn't even sweep the Leafs to the curve how are they going to fair in the Big Game? This is the stage when all the nuts and bolts should be tightened and the REAL teams should be running like a machine. Not what I saw over the weekend!
Go to Top of Page

Antroman
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
537 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2008 :  08:47:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Super, Just kidding around Man. I think the Habs had a great season and yes, because I abhor them, there is an element of jealousy in my feelings toward them because I absolutely despise them. I have plenty of deep rooted hatred going back to the fifties. It is a Hatfield and McCoy kind of thing where never the twain shall meet. I think you can also appreciate the fact that I called the Habs to have a great shot at the Cup back in December so my hatred does not cloud my hockey judgement. What does get in my way at times is my passion for my own club which as you already know is the Maples. Trying to contain myself when reading ridiculous posts pertaining to my club by Hab fans like Migraine4 or whatever his name is, makes it imperative to solicit a response. Backing far away "dream teams" is everyone's personal choice and although I can't really relate to it, I understand that some people have an ego problem and it just makes them feel good about themselves to think they are on the side that's winning. Where I have a problem is when they start crapping on someone else's team and spewing inane comments and untruths regarding my team. Like I have always said, if you like your far away dream team so much why don't you just move there because you are no good to anybody around here......the separatists could use a few more questionable men.
Go to Top of Page

SuperSakic
Rookie

Canada
192 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2008 :  10:50:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Antro. I didn't mean to sound so serious in my post. It was supposed to be just a regular Leaf-bashing.

But I know where you're coming from. However, at the same time......Where you live isn't always the determining factor on which team you are going to support.

AND....It is just too damn fun spewing inane comments and untruths regarding your team
Go to Top of Page

Antroman
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
537 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2008 :  14:16:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can relate to that Super. The problem is we are just too easy to pick on. Their record over the last three years doesn't give a guy like me much ammo to choose from. LOL. I have to resort to the sublime to get any attention.
Go to Top of Page

mytor4
Rookie

Canada
134 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2008 :  14:50:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I can relate to that Super. The problem is we are just too easy to pick on. Their record over the last three years doesn't give a guy like me much ammo to choose from. LOL. I have to resort to the sublime to get any attention.

Hey Antroman don't take anything i say to seriously. I hope you know my poking at the Leafs is all in fun and no doubt if and when the Habs get knocked out you'll be firing on all cylinders back at me.

57 career losses,46 shutouts and 5 vezina trophys.6 Stanley Cup rings in 8 yrs
Go to Top of Page

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2008 :  22:43:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice topic Mytor4!

Flames - Inconsistency has been their problem this year (actually every year - so does that make them consistent??? )

Kipper has been off and on all year, and really hasn't put together any long hot streaks.

Huselius is hot and cold and Keenan won't let him build any momentum.

Tanguay shows signs of coming alive but has not really achieved to the level that he has in the past.

Lombardi, although one of the best skaters in the league, is doing very little with his speed. He goes bunches of games without points (3, 4 and even 5+ games at a time) and he is well off of last year's pace.

So that leaves Iginla, Langkow and Phaneuf carrying the ball. That is a lot to ask of someone for up to 100 games in a season. The others need to find a spark of consistency to even make the playoffs, let alone win the cup.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page