Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 bumbling playoff teams Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mytor4
Rookie

Canada
134 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2008 :  02:44:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
what team do you want to see fall flat on there face come playoffs.
for me it's the sharks, i like hearing all the excuses why what big joe did in the playoffs is not considered a choke job by them.every time they lose they come up with 101 excuses for there team.
second the sad sacks because ,opps i forgot they already choked and didn't make the playoffs.

The Toronto Sad Sacks miss the playoffs again. Life can't get any better.

ThorntonisTHEMAN
PickupHockey Pro

499 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2008 :  06:53:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the Penguins. Simply because if they do well, we will be bombarded with Crosbymania and how "Crosby carried the team through the entire year" and how great a leader he is, and blah blah blah. I am sick of CrosbyTV. and MyTor4, the Sharks have more confidence right now than anyone in the NHL. They are playing incredible and are pretty much unbeatable. I know the playoffs is different hockey, but the addition of Brian Campbell has completely changed this team. They will be tough to beat in the playoffs!

"I'm not dumb enough to be a goalie."
Brett Hull.
Go to Top of Page

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2008 :  07:45:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Would love to see the Rangers fall flat on their face . . . again.
Would love to see Detroit fall flat on their face . . . again.
Would love to see Montreal tank it . . . um, like they, uh, sometimes do.

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

SuperSakic
Rookie

Canada
192 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2008 :  08:34:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ThorntonisTHEMAN

the Penguins. Simply because if they do well, we will be bombarded with Crosbymania and how "Crosby carried the team through the entire year" and how great a leader he is, and blah blah blah. I am sick of CrosbyTV. and MyTor4, the Sharks have more confidence right now than anyone in the NHL. They are playing incredible and are pretty much unbeatable. I know the playoffs is different hockey, but the addition of Brian Campbell has completely changed this team. They will be tough to beat in the playoffs!

"I'm not dumb enough to be a goalie."
Brett Hull.

Totally agree here. Remember last year when the Sens thumped the Pens? No one talked about Crosby LOSING. They will only talk about him WINNING. If the Pens lose. You are not going to hear about it. But, if they win even one round, watch out! It's going to be a media circus!
The media's going to be saying that Sid is right on track to achieving the greatness that he deserves. Makes me sick just thinking about it!
Go to Top of Page

Antroman
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
537 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2008 :  08:03:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well everyone from here to the west coast knows I want to see the Habs lose and I would dearly love to see the Senators not even get into the dance. Really though, I do not want to see anyone absolutely flop. I would like to see certain teams lose along the way but to flop out would be hard on a lot of players after a long season that for most part started last summer getting into shape. I think I am starting to realize I am not half as bugged by the Habs as I usually am when my Maples are in the playoffs. I think that was like four seasons ago counting the lock out. What I am trying to say here is that I have favourite players on all the teams and I really don't want to wish any of them any ill will by cheering for someone to actually flop.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2008 :  19:27:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm with Antro on here. I don't think I want any team to fall flat on their face. In all honesty, as a hockey fan, I want to see each series go into overtime in the 7th game.

However, I can tell you two things I don't want to hear. One is anything about Crosby as he is far from the reason that Pitt is 1st in the east. The other is how great a GM Brian Burke is when 75% of the Ducks was built or drafted by Brian Murray.

That doesn't mean I want Pitt or the Ducks to lose, but it wouldn't break my heart either.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page