Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 07-08 Season, Boring!! Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Leafs Rock Planet
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2008 :  11:39:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Besides these last couple of weeks in the NHL, I have found a large part of this regular season to be very dry and thus Boring. Everything from the trade deadline to the scoring race. The last couple of weeks have been excellent with all the playoff and divisional battles but besides that, I really have not enjoyed this year when comparing it with others.

Whats your opinion?

Edited by - Leafs Rock Planet on 04/04/2008 12:20:58

mytor4
Rookie

Canada
134 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2008 :  12:35:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Leafs Rock Planet

Besides these last couple of weeks in the NHL, I have found a large part of this regular season to be very dry and thus Boring. Everything from the trade deadline to the scoring race. The last couple of weeks have been excellent with all the playoff and divisional battles but besides that, I really have not enjoyed this year when comparing it with others.

Whats your opinion?

I can understand where your comming from with the Leafs and all but for me it's been nothing near boring. With upsurge of the habs all season and the play of most other teams it's been a season to remember for the good.

57 career losses,46 shutouts and 5 vezina trophys.6 Stanley Cup rings in 8 yrs
Go to Top of Page

Leafs Rock Planet
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2008 :  12:39:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mytor4

quote:

Whats your opinion?

I can understand where your comming from with the Leafs and all but for me it's been nothing near boring. With upsurge of the habs all season and the play of most other teams it's been a season to remember for the good.

57 career losses,46 shutouts and 5 vezina trophys.6 Stanley Cup rings in 8 yrs

Hey Can be the first one to admit what the Habs have done has been exciting. My point is that the WHOLE NHL has been boring in my eyes.

Bye the way. The Leafs have been everything but boring this season.

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2008 :  12:51:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the quality of hockey this year was fine. Rarely was I not entertained by a game, and there were some great stories. Ovechkin, Crosby, Anaheim, San Jose. Tons of great and interesting stories.

I actually completely disagree. This season to me has been one of the better one's in the past 5 years.

We will see if the playoffs hold true as well.
Go to Top of Page

Leafs Rock Planet
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2008 :  12:54:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I respect the opinion of everybody. I just wanted to see if anybody felt the same way I did. The quality of play, I agree, has been good. The headlines on the other hand, have lacked in juice in my opinion.

Devils Fanatic
Top Prospect

Canada
87 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2008 :  12:54:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought it pretty good and exciting this season. This years playoffs race has been awesome. Getting to the last day in the Eastern conference for all 8 teams to clinch tops it.

Devils fan for life
Go to Top of Page

leafsfan_101
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1530 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2008 :  12:59:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Leafs have been extremely boring this year. They aren't fast, smart with the puck or play ny sort of physical game despite the size they have on their team.

Overall it's been a good year. I didn't find it boring, it was regular. No Steve Moore incidents or anything like that, but it was entertaining.

Go to Top of Page

Leafsfan_94
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1070 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2008 :  13:05:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
agreed, the only exciting thing i saw this year is the leafs last run for playoffs and ovies 60 goals.

Leafsfan_94

I HATE YOU HABS!

Go to Top of Page

irvine
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1315 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2008 :  13:34:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Leafs last run for the playoffs was exciting? Ahhh, right. You are a Leafs fan. Now I can see why. ;p

I did not find it exciting in the slightest, reason being I think I along with most non-leaf fans knew they'd not make it. It was clearly too little too late.

Some exciting things I've found this year:

* Crosby injured, Malkin steps it up to show he's a true star living in the shadows. (Mind you, I like Crosby. Sucked he was injured, but something great came of it.)

* Senators go from domination to lack of, for lack of a better word/phrase. (And I am even a Sens fan!)

* Tough battles in the West/East, for playoff births.

* Flyers turn broadstreet bullies? Or not...

* Ovechkin, smiling and scoring!

-- just some things that came to mind, plenty of others.

Irvine
Go to Top of Page

Leafs Rock Planet
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2008 :  14:07:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by leafsfan_101

quote:

Leafs have been extremely boring this year. They aren't fast, smart with the puck or play ny sort of physical game despite the size they have on their team.

Overall it's been a good year. I didn't find it boring, it was regular. No Steve Moore incidents or anything like that, but it was entertaining.

LF101. If you read the conversation prior to your post, you would see that I was refering to the headlines when talking about the boring factor and not the quality of play.

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page