Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Only 3 games for Orpik? Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

NuckH8R
Top Prospect

USA
62 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2006 :  12:25:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not that I am defending a thug like Bertuzzi but how can the NHL justify his penalty (which he deserved) and then let Orpik get away with a slap on the wrist. Both were attacks from behind and caused broken vertabrae. Sure Cole will recover and will play again (although who's to say Moore won't), but where is the deterrant not to take a guy out from behind. A message to all the thugs in the NHL - don't use your fist like Bertuzzi, just smash his neck into the boards from behind likek Orpik.

blade
Rookie

Canada
199 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2006 :  14:44:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
get real! Hits like that have been going on in the league for 100 years! Cole turned into the boards so he is just as much to blame. It wasn't a malicious attempt to hurt a guy like Bertuzzi's was, it was a fluke.
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2006 :  17:41:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Completely agree with blade. Cole should know better than to turn towards the boards like that with a guy right on his ass. He put himself into that situation and Orpik would have hit him either way, so too bad for Cole but he should have known better.
Go to Top of Page

Ryan Harper
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
322 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2006 :  08:41:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just goes to show how little respect guys have for eachother. When it is collective bargaining time they are a "brotherhood" but when it comes time to step on the ice it is every man for themselves.

Whether or not Cole "put himself into that situation" is irrelevant. I guess it will take a death on the ice for everyone to realize they have got to stop playing like this. Bertuzzi screwed up and paid for it. I agree it was a malicious attempt - but I guarantee you he will never do it again. Until hitting from behind is punished properly - it will continue to happen.
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2006 :  11:34:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow I couldn't agree less. I mean c'mon watch the replay, Orpik was right behind him as they were skating towards the boards when Cole wasn't facing them. There was nothing Orpik could do, he was going in for a hit and Cole turned around. It would have been different if they were a few strides apart and Cole was already facing the boards, and then Orpik skated in and charged him from behind. That would have purely Orpik's fault and that's what needs to be more severely punished/prevented.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page