Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 2008 Playoffs - Colorado - Detroit Series Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

willus3

Canada
1948 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2008 :  19:32:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Talk about the series.

Edited by - willus3 on 05/04/2008 23:03:42

willus3

Canada
1948 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2008 :  20:04:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Still really unsure about Theodore. Makes me very nervous.
They need Forsberg to be healthy. He's a game breaker. He still has that ability to control games when he is on the ice. Incredible player.
Sakic is his steady, excellent self.

It's a very good thing for Osgood that Detroit plays so well defensively. He's their weak spot.
Go to Top of Page

Gostarsgo12
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
437 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2008 :  20:45:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Detroit is looking like they'll sweep the avs. The Avalanche have lost alot of players to injury and Theodore is obviously not himself. How about Johan Franzen what a playoff hero he's become. Getting rid of Hasek and putting Osgood in net was a smart decision by Babcock and I wouldn't be surprised to see Hasek hang up the skates at the end of the year and this time not come back.

Go Stars!!!
Go to Top of Page

hkalirah
PickupHockey Pro

382 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2008 :  08:01:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think Detroit will take the series, but we do have to give Colorado credit, they should be able to pull through and win atleast 2 games, one at home, and one when they come back to Detroit.

Detroit is getting solid defence as usual, and it’s nice to see someone other than the first line putting the puck in the net.

Right now you can make a strong argument that Franzen is in the running for the Conn Smythe.

Go Wings Go!
Go to Top of Page

OILINONTARIO
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
816 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2008 :  14:18:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Budaj for game 3! Theodore was sick (I didn't mean that the way the kids say it these days) in game 1, and didn't look any healthier in game 2. Forsberg or not, the first 2 games would have been a lot closer if Colorado's goaltending had been decent.

The Oil WILL make the playoffs in 2009.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2008 :  14:50:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Detroit is showing their true colors to this point. Seriously, how talented is their defense??? Rafalski has impressed the hell out of me and Lidstrom is his typical solid self. It's nice to see a line scoring for the WIngs other than Datsyuk, Zetterberg, and Holmstrom. However, the thing that will decide if the Wings win the Cup or not this year is their 3rd line. Honestly, I don't see a team with a better 3rd line today. They can shut down anyone in the league and they are a threat going the other way. If and when Maltby comes back that makes them that much better.

I think it is a little too little and a little too late for the crew in Denver.
Go to Top of Page

PainTrain
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1393 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2008 :  15:38:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
People are saying that Forsberg being injured is a big reason why their losing. And I agree. But there is another player who they miss a lot! Goes by the name of Brett Clark. Great two way player. Can shut down players and can jump in on the rush and score some goals. Solid PP QB on the 2nd unit. Just a all around complete defenceman that they miss tremendously. If their goalies stands on their head they still have a chance in my mind. They can play with Detroit there is no denying that. They just need to gain some confidence.
Go to Top of Page

Guest5531
( )

Posted - 04/28/2008 :  16:20:20  Reply with Quote
Theodore seems very unconsistent. I realize that he was sick in game 1, but come on: Look at what he did in round 1 against the while. Where the hell has he been. He was probarbly on eof the better goalies in the playoffs. If Forsberg returns and theodore gets back in his groove, then colorado may be able to pull this off, even with a two game deficit.

GO AVS!
Go to Top of Page

PainTrain
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1393 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2008 :  15:29:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Poor Avalanche, lost Smyth and Stastny. It will be tough to win game 4. Hopefully they can do better next year and not get the injury bug. Now here is a good question, do they re-sign Theodore?

Edited by - PainTrain on 04/30/2008 15:33:42
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page