Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Crazy Game Routines Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

messiah5
Top Prospect

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2008 :  13:47:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't really have too many, but my buddy is so superstitious that every game he has a certain routine of where everyone can sit and what people can and cannot wear. Anyone else have some crazy game time traditions?

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2008 :  14:40:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not so much in hockey, but when I played basketball, I would alway put my stuff on in a specific order. Right sock, under shirt, left sock, left shoe, right shoe, shorts. Never warm up in the jersey, only put it on as I walked out for the tip off. Started the season with high socks. Wore them until a loss, then went to ankle socks until a loss then back to high socks.
Go to Top of Page

PainTrain
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1393 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2008 :  15:44:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Before a game I always put my right stuff on first. Also I'll drink half of a Powerade or a Gatorade then go out and play and when I come back in for intermission I finish the drink. Also, I'm always ready pretty quickly, so I just put my head down and focus on the game. The first time I ever did that I went out and scored 5 goals so I kept doing that since.
Go to Top of Page

Alex
PickupHockey All-Star

Canada
2816 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2008 :  15:53:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is probably my earliest childhood memory as a hockey player but its quite a funny story so I thought I'd share it with the online community

When I played Minor Atom Select hockey for a team in the greater Toronto area, my teammates had fun cracking jokes at my uncanny knack for going to the washroom about six times before heading out on to the ice.

Reason being, I always had an extreme case of jitterbugs. I was the last picked on the team and was alway anxious about my performance. So, responding to nature's call was a routine in and of itself for me.

Pretty soon the team captain coined the nickname ''piss pants''', a name that followed me through my brief stint in select hockey on that team.

...for my birthday, they even got me a key to a Port-O-Potty. Haha

Check out the Alex Blog
http://www.pickuphockey.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4028
Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2008 :  16:59:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
orderd equipment left skate and pad are all on before i even touch my right skate,,, and while the team goes to the net after the warm up before the begining of the game i never partake i pace the blueline,,, and just before i go to the net i pound fist with my coach,,,,, i wont touch anyone else on my way to the net i'll even avoid sticks that are gonna tap my pads...

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

HabsBiggestFan
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
368 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2008 :  19:33:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I always eat a orange/grapefriut then in the dressing room I always listen to my Ipod for 5 minutes and then I try to always be the last one out of the dressing room. I also always have to drink out of my water bottle before going out on the ice.

Goodbye Bruins!
Go to Top of Page

Gostarsgo12
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
437 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2008 :  20:19:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not really that superstitious I just always make sure that if my brother or sisters are in the crowd I just flip pucks at them in warmup and try to hit them. The one time i've hit them I had a good game scoring a hatrick with one of the goals an overtime winner!

A stupid superstition its only worked once I try when they are there now they are more alert lol

Go Stars!!!
Go to Top of Page

OvertimeMark11
Top Prospect

16 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2008 :  12:25:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Me and all my buddies have assigned seats in my house too. But I also have a routine of watching rangers highlights to get me all pumped up before a game. I've been diggin on these

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENJMGC2-fmY&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btB5WvwldrI&feature=related
Go to Top of Page

HabsBiggestFan
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
368 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2008 :  19:54:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by OvertimeMark11

Me and all my buddies have assigned seats in my house too. But I also have a routine of watching rangers highlights to get me all pumped up before a game. I've been diggin on these

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENJMGC2-fmY&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btB5WvwldrI&feature=related

You wouldn't want to be watching the Rangers highlights from the series vs. Pittsburgh!LOL

Goodbye Bruins!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page