Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 Boring Cup Finals Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Alex
PickupHockey All-Star

Canada
2816 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2008 :  19:12:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
New Jersey VS. Anaheim. Calgary VS. Tampa Bay. Carolina VS. Edmonton. And, my personal favourite, Anaheim VS. Ottawa.

I'm sure Darren Dreger just eats these matchups up ... think about how many stories the Pride of Alberta gets to make up! It hit me again that this year, at best, it will be a Detroit-Pittsburgh matchup. Not that fun even though it is the best...

So, I was thinking, are there even any good finals that could happen? Never mind the fact that Gary Bettman's NHL is such that in our wildest dreams there will never be a good intense final from before the puck drops. Even if we could pick on the first day of the season who met for the cup, would we have any good matchups to choose? Personally I don't think so.

The original six ones wouldn't be bad. I can buy Detroit-Toronto or Detroit-New York for example.

It doesn't get good past that. For some reason, I think I would like to see Edmonton-New York Islanders.Just because the Oilers ruined the Islanders shot at 5 cups just to start their own little dynasty

Most Canadian matchups wouldn't be all that bad either. I think I'd enjoy say Calgary-Ottawa duking it out for the cup.

Past that, I don't got nothing. I think the NHL final is a serious problem. However, it is at the expense of three good rounds. After all, Pittsburgh-Ottawa, Pittsburgh-New York and for all intensive purposes, Pittsburgh-Philadelphia are all great series. The rest were pretty good too. What are your thoughts guys? Will we ever see a fun final again? When only two teams are left standing, the chances of them being yours are unlikely (unless of course you are one of those notorious band-wagoners). We need SOME reason to keep watching hockey in May!

Check out the Alex Blog
http://www.pickuphockey.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4028
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page