Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 STARS WIN!!! Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

leigh

Canada
1755 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2008 :  23:28:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow what a game! 8th longest game in NHL history (4 OT's) Morrow deserved that goal! He worked his ass off all game. Nice to see the game won on a pretty goal too.

Ok I still have a chance in my pool too haha!

n/a
deleted

4809 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2008 :  05:46:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Amazing performance by both goalies, just amazing . . . no one is saying anything about Turco now, I can see.

Suddenly, Detroit is facing a super hot goalie, awesome defence, and balanced scoring - three things they have yet to see in the playoffs. One has to think that if anyone has a chance to knock out the Wings, this is it right here.

I hate to have to cheer for either team, but I will cheer for Dallas over Detroit, so there ya go . . .

"Take off, eh?" - Bob and Doug
Go to Top of Page

bablaboushka
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2417 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2008 :  09:22:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Man that first overtime period was one of the best periods of hockey I've ever seen. It kinda died down a little after that and I had a sick feeling in my stomach when Campbell took that penalty. And that Nabokov save has to be save of the year. If not that one, then the two sick glove saves he made against Calgary.

I am so cheering for Dallas, which you might not expect. Detroit has a free ride during the regular season playing almost half their games against Nashville, Chicago, Columbus and St. Louis and then they play Nashville again in the playoffs, then they play Colorado without almost all of their best players (Smyth, Stastny, Forsberg, Svatos and Hannan). The roads been paved in gold for them so far but I hope they get a wake up call. I hate the Stars for taking SJ out, but Pacific Division all the way.

Edited by - bablaboushka on 05/05/2008 09:23:44
Go to Top of Page

leafsfan_101
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1530 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2008 :  13:24:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't like how the game was decided on a powerplay. I guess it's the new NHL, and it was a clear penalty, but I don't like it. Great game by both teams, especially their goalies. Turco and Nabokov played fantastic, and both made critical saves in the important stages of the game.

Detroit and Dallas should be a good series to wach.
Go to Top of Page

Guest6576
( )

Posted - 05/05/2008 :  16:31:26  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bablaboushka

Man that first overtime period was one of the best periods of hockey I've ever seen. It kinda died down a little after that and I had a sick feeling in my stomach when Campbell took that penalty. And that Nabokov save has to be save of the year. If not that one, then the two sick glove saves he made against Calgary.

I am so cheering for Dallas, which you might not expect. Detroit has a free ride during the regular season playing almost half their games against Nashville, Chicago, Columbus and St. Louis and then they play Nashville again in the playoffs, then they play Colorado without almost all of their best players (Smyth, Stastny, Forsberg, Svatos and Hannan). The roads been paved in gold for them so far but I hope they get a wake up call. I hate the Stars for taking SJ out, but Pacific Division all the way.

Detroit had a free ride...people recycle that same idea every year, ahhhhhh, the Wings Cup win this year is going to be soooo sweet. Detroit beat who they had to beat, outside their division they beat the Anaheim, San Jose, DALLAS (3 times!), Colorado, Minnesota, Montreal. Many, many people were picking Colorado to beat Detroit and all of a sudden these same people (maybe not you) are saying Detroit had it easy against Colorado, that is being hypocritical. Maybe Detroit had it easy because they are a dominant team and the first three games were not that easy, the fourth game only appeared easy because Colorado pretty much gave up.

Anaheim just plain stunk, San Jose was a good win for Dallas but don't cast off Nashville as some garbage opponent just because they were the 8th seed, they were a very tough opponent for Detroit just because Nashville is in Detroit's division and know the Wings extremely well. The Hawks just missed the playoffs and actually won the season series against Detroit and thankfully the Hawks and Bluejackets played the Wings tough just so Detroit would not have it easy during the regular season.

And why are you ignoring the fact that Dallas had easy games in their division too with Phoenix and the tied for worst team in the league LA.

Plus I do not see how this had it easy stuff applies in this series anyways considering Dallas is one the teams Detroit had it easy against (3-1 season series, including a Detroit win WITH Richards in the lineup) and Dallas is exactly the same team Detroit already had easy against, meanwhile the Wings are now healthy and are getting scoring from many players) and since you think Detroit's division was easy in the regular season it is only fair that the regular season games against Dallas count too.

You said it yourself, Detroit's road is paved with gold, do not ignore that, Detroit has not always had a golden road in the playoffs, it is their turn now.
Go to Top of Page

Leafsfan_94
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1070 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2008 :  16:51:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
stars have been great, and i rooted for them all the way. but now they're payin the red wings....so much for their season

go wings!

Leafsfan_94

Go to Top of Page

Gostarsgo12
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
437 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2008 :  20:49:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Leafsfan_94

stars have been great, and i rooted for them all the way. but now they're payin the red wings....so much for their season

go wings!

Leafsfan_94

They've gotten past the defending champs and the sharks so I think they can still get past the Wings. Turco is on fire!
I have to say though Nabokov stood on his head in overtime, what a save on Richards!

Go Stars!!!
Go to Top of Page

Datsyuk 1
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
333 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2008 :  21:24:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have to say that game was a long time ago but, "wow" what a game! When Nabokov made that save on Richards I was screaming and omg what a great game. Best game I have ever seen in my 8 years of watching hockey. I was enjoying that game soo much that when my mom was screaming for me to go to bed I didn't answer back and kept watching!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page