Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Hockey Forums
Allow Anonymous Posting forum... General Hockey Chat
 2008 Conn Smythe Favourites Allow Anonymous Users Reply to This Topic...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

willus3

Canada
1948 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2008 :  11:36:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Who do you think are the favourites for the Conn Smythe going into this years final?

Leafsfan_94
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
1070 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2008 :  14:36:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Franzen and Crosby

Leafsfan_94

Go to Top of Page

Pasty7
PickupHockey Veteran

Canada
2312 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2008 :  15:40:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Leafsfan_94

Franzen and Crosby

Leafsfan_94

franzen got hurt could drop him out of the running both zet and dat are serious contenders lidstrom too, then you have malkin staal crosby and fleury,,, personally of the games i have watched i would go with jordan staal the guy has shut down each teams best forwards like a 20 year vet and he is 19,,, he has played amazing and its to bad most people only care about goals,, but in my opinion take staal off the pens and you'd have a rangers detroit final....

Pasty
Go to Top of Page

Datsyuk 1
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
333 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2008 :  15:44:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I 100% think that Zetterberg is going to take this title! He stops the top guns and to top it off he scores key goals that other players don't.
Go to Top of Page

Leafs Rock Planet
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
902 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2008 :  16:39:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I dont know how Franzen can even be mentioned in the running for the Conn Smythe. First of all he has been injured for a few games now.

But, he has 12 goals in 10 games. Good Right?

Wrong. Most of his goals have come off of rebounds, deflections, etc. He is a good asset to have on a team but he is just not that skilled of a player.

Datsyuk 1
PickupHockey Pro

Canada
333 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2008 :  18:06:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey LRP it doesn't matter how you get your goals or if your skilled or not, it matters how you help your team win the cup although I do agree on you how he has missed a couple of games and Detroit has done good as they did with them. I'm still sticking with my Zetterberg answer.
Go to Top of Page

Beans15

Canada
8286 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2008 :  18:15:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If it goes to a play i Detroit, it will be a coin flip today. It depends on who stands out the most in the Finals. I would say that Zetterberg and Kronvall are the two that could be the favorites right now.

Pitts case is Crosby and Malkin, but it would go to Sid if Pitt wins.
Go to Top of Page

Timay
Rookie

Canada
105 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2008 :  20:08:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is tough.. as Zetterberg and Datsyuk are both great choices for Detroit and Malkin, Crosby and Fleury are great choices for Pittsburgh. That's without mentioning other possibilities like Franzen, Lidstrom, Hossa or Staal. I think the Conn Smythe will hinge greatly on this series, so we have to watch who comes out strong right from game one. I think if Detroit wins it will be Zetterberg (maybe Datsyuk) and if the Pens win it will be Crosby (unless Malkin starts playing with some heart or Fleury steals a few games).

Oh, and seeing as how Pittsburgh is going to win.. I guess the Kid will likely be the front-runner for the trophy. (Plus you know Bettman and the other hockey marketers will be swayed into voting for him for the promotion of the league) Kinda sickens me, but you know it's true.

Phaneuf pher Norris
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page